Phone: (256) 777- 0688 Email: email@example.com Daniel T. Sandlin
Education and Training
University of Louisville - Pain Medicine Fellowship 2018 - Present University of Tennessee Medical Center Knoxville - Anesthesiology Residency 2014 - 2018 University of Alabama School of Medicine (UAB) - M.D. 2010 - 2014 University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) - B.A. Philosophy, Summa Cum Laude 2006 - 2010 Licensure
Kentucky Medical License Active
Tennessee Medical License Active
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Active
Emergency Neurological Life Support (ENLS) Active
Research and Presentations
Ketamine Infusions for Chronic Pain: An Overview 2018
• Grand Rounds Presentation at University of Tennessee An Unusual • Case Poster of Idiopathic Presentation Brachial at American Neuritis Society After of Stellate Regional Ganglion Anesthesia Block and Pain Medicine 2018 Non-Atherosclerotic Coronary Artery Dissection in a Postpartum Patient 2017
• Poster Presentation at American Society of Anesthesiologists An Overview of Double Outlet Right Ventricle Syndrome in an Obstetric Patient 2017
• Poster Presentation at Society for Obstetric Anesthesia and Perinatology Sandlin DT, McGwin G, Owsley C. Association Between Vision Impairment and Driving 2013 Exposure in Older Adults Aged 70 Years and Over: A Population-Based Examination. Acta Ophthalmologica. Published April 2013
McWhorter Scholar at the VA Medical Center - Birmingham, AL 2007 - 2008
• Aided research in behavioral and exercise solutions to incontinence following radical prostatectomy.
Honors and Awards
Early Medical • School Awarded Acceptance one of ten Program nationwide positions in UAB’s combined undergraduate and 2006 - 2010 medical school program.
Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity 2006 - 2010
• Mixon Award - As president, I led the organization to the chapter’s first national founder’s award presented to the most outstanding chapter in the country based on scholarship, service, and campus involvement.
• Pi Kapp Scholar - Awarded one of seven national scholarships for academic achievement and leadership.
Equal Access Birmingham and M-Power Clinics 2012 - 2014
• Provided medical care, education, and health screenings to Birmingham’s underserved. Gear Up Florida • One of thirty cyclists who completed a 1,000 mile bicycle ride to raise awareness and 2009 - 2010 funds for children with disabilities. Throughout the ride, our team stopped daily to volunteer at Make-A-Wish foundations and United Cerebral Palsy centers. Collectively, the team raised $96,000.
Centro Intercollegiate Linguistico • • Ethics Completed arts Member Dante in Bowl Florence, of Alighieri the a study inaugural Italy. abroad UAB curriculum ethics bowl focused team. on language, art history, and culinary 2010 2009
• Team awarded second place in the Southeast Regional Ethics Bowl and advanced to national competition.
Interests: Traveling, golf, tennis, scuba diving, skiing, fishing, sporting clays, cooking, reading.