Mange Alexandra Chen
*** ***** ********* ******, *** 8, Bloomington, Indiana 47401, USA
firstname.lastname@example.org ● +1-812-***-**** ● https://amangoment.github.io/ EDUCATION Indiana University Bloomington, Bloomington, Indiana, USA Aug 2013 – May 2018
■ B.S. in Computer Science
● Focus: Intelligent System
● The National Society of Collegiate Scholars
● Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society
Luohu Foreign Language Schoo, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China Aug 2010 – Jun 2013
● Valedictorian scholarship
Research in Computing, Indiana University Bloomington Sep 2016 – Dec 2017
■ Research Assistant
● Built a Python program to numerically collect class-based programming languages data from Wikipedia
● Processed the data and obtained the correlations between each programming language with its categories and subcategories
● Created graphs with nodes and edges by converting data to a Python literal in GML representation in or order to show which programming languages have stronger impact on their relevant areas.
● Enabled HR to filter and select suitable applicants more conveniently than searching in the database manually PROJECTS THE GAME 2048
● Built 2048, a popular single-player sliding black puzzle game in Scheme programming language.
● Designed and implemented game state structures, handlers and enumerations.
● Designed and implemented gaming logic with use of recursion.
● Created graphic user interface and enabled users to play with keyboards using Big-Bang technologies. TETRIS
● Built a Java version and a C version of Tetris, a famous tile-matching puzzle video game.
● Designed and implemented efficient data structures of block shapes called “tetrominoes” to draw pieces and realized their movements on a square by square basis instead of pixel by pixel.
● Created graphical user interface with keyboard interaction using JFrame, JLable and JComponent. TEXAS HOLD’EM
● Built and taught a neural network to play Texas Hold ’em poker game of Python version.
● Used mixed binary and continuous data for building the neural network.
● Normalized by the bigblind and center all values and centered values around their means.
● Used the mean stack size at any given table for the stack sizes, but centered around mean stack size for other continuous inputs.
ACTIVITIES Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA), Bloomington, IN Feb 2014 – Dec 2014
● Provided basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals in local communities and shadowed advance reviewers’ tax return preparation process. Office of First Year Experience, Indiana University Bloomington Jan 2014 – Aug 2014
● Arranged 10+ new student welcome activities that provided accurate school information and academic guides.
■ Platforms & Tools: Linux, Visual Studio, Android Studio, IntelliJ, Anaconda, Microsoft Office.
■ Mathematics: Linear Programming, Probability Theory, Calculus, Applications of Linear Algebra.
■ Languages: English: Fluent; Chinese: Native; Japanese: Intermediate