Abdul Wasey Mohammed
• Product Design Engineer with 3+ years of experience in Product development in manufacturing industry.
• Experienced in engaging in all phases of new product development, including concept, documentation, design, prototype, testing, supplier interfaces and providing cost effective solutions.
• Expertise in Releasing all the components and BOM from Prototype release to Production release.
• Skills : Product Design, DFM, GD&T,CAD, Cost estimating, Project Management, Benchmarking, APQP, FAI, DVP&R,Solidworks, Hypermesh.
TEC International LLP,
Product Design Engineer (January 2016 – Present)
Lead Engineer for new and existing products from concept design to production release, including prototype build and achieving required performance, reliability and manufacturability.
Successfully designed a next generation Stump Grinder, allowing it to Swivel, improving the efficiency, cutting depth and performance by adding a new 18HP V-twin engine.
Performing benchmarking activities to improve the product design and quality.
Utilized knowledge in FEA to create models for static linear analysis to analyze and improve designs.
Analyzed multiple designs based on different material properties to meet part performance criteria, to reduce stress at different locations of part.
Coordinate with CAE to get FEA reports.
Designed 3D Models and created detailed dimensioned drawings of Parts and Assemblies using GD&T.
Creating and Updating Bill of Materials for Prototypes and Production Units.
Maintained project schedules in Microsoft Project at determined intervals to ensure jobs are being completed on time.
Lead Product Development Team meetings with management, suppliers, manufacturing, quality and purchasing.
Working cross functionally to implement cost reduction, product improvements and to support prototype and production build activities.
Provided feedback to the suppliers to improve Design for Manufacturability.
Assisting the Material Follow-up person with any Supplier-Part issues when necessary.
Responsible for engineering documentation at every level including Parts and ASM drawings in PDM.
Prepare Reports on findings and conclusions for Pulley, Belt, Torque, Pressure calculations.
Graphic Representation of existing products for the Companies Catalogues or manuals.
Being involved with Project team for new Product development activities.
Coordinate the Product testing through DVP&R.
Assessed drawings made by other team members as part of peer review, focusing on bill of materials, Revision table, drawing view and exploded view orientations.
Coordinated with Functional Safety Engineer to understand failure modes and make design corrections.
As a Design Release Engineer,
- Attending Engineering Change Board meetings and notifying all affected teams of the upcoming changes.
- Initiated and coordinated implementation of ECR and ERN’s.
- Work with cross-functional engineering teams, Suppliers, Purchasing to Design & Release components, drawings for Prototype & Production units and generating new Part Numbers.
- International and domestic Supplier Interaction, reviewing and Releasing the Supplier Prints and Drawings. TEC International LLP,
Intern Product Design Engineer (April 2015 –December2015)
Prepare 3D CAD Models and detailed dimensioned drawings of Parts and Assemblies using Solidworks.
Responsible for engineering documentation at every level including Parts and ASM drawings
Assist the product Engineers for Product development activities. ACADEMIC PROJECTS
• Analysis on buckling of plates in hypermesh, checked deformation, plotted displacement,viewed stresses and strain in hyperview.
• A study made on belt pulley system on mini compactors to optimize the lifespan and cost on both belts and pulleys.
• A study based on light weight materials for body and chassis systems.
• Experimental Analysis of Composite materials dealing with the fabrication of composite plate by hand lay-up method and then experimental analysis was conducted on that plate to check its tensile strength. EDUCATION
Master of Science - Mechanical Engineering (December 2015) Lawrence Technological University - Southfield, MI (GPA: 3.17/4) Bachelor of Engineering-Mechanical Engineering (June 2012) Osmania University - India