Alexander T. Jones, Ed.D.
Specializing in educational technology and leadership EDUCATION
University of New England, Biddeford ME Ed.D.
Dissertation: Amalgamating Information Technology With Library Services In The School Environment: A Learning Commons Transformative Model.
Columbia University,New York, NY M.A.
Instructional Technology & Media
University of Michigan,Ann Arbor, MI B.A.
Emphases in Computers, Graphic Design, Film & Video EXPERIENCE
The Birch Wathen Lenox School, New York, NY
Associate Director of Technology
JANUARY 2010 - PRESENT
● Develop training materials and procedures in the proper use of hardware and software.
● Maintain system wide network architecture and support.
● Develop and update project plans for information technology objectives, technologies, systems, policies, and assurances.
● Research and test new educational technologies, hardware, software, cloud, and other..
● Maintain security surveillance system.
● Designed FileMaker checkpoint egress and ingress system including Android app (BWLID).
● Design and implement all building-wide digital signage hardware, software, and content.
● Designed, implemented and oversee the Makerspace (3D Printers, SKILLS
Makerspace & Tinkering
Rapid Prototype & 3D Printing
Cisco server support
Technology, Application and
Policy. 2018. Certificate:
CNC Machine, Servers, Tools
● Lead all Cyber Security procedures and protocols as well as maintain server, desktop, and mobile device support.
● Oversee all telecommunications..
● Redesigned 4 educational spaces both structurally and functionally introducing innovative modular abilities. Teachers College, Columbia University, New York, NY Career Services Technology Project Assistant
SEPTEMBER 2008 - MAY 2009
● Managed the transition of online student registration process for career counseling and job seeking.
● Managed special projects including student and employer brochure development, and faculty newsletter design.
● Maintained web portal content and design.
University of Michigan Biological Station, Pellston, MI Computer Consultant
MAY 2007 - AUGUST 2010 (Seasonal)
● Supported over 300 students, faculty, and staff in the use of various computer software programs, hardware.
● Installed fiber cable for the backend network.
● Tier II desktop and mobile device support. Field support, including installing equipment on 200 ft tower.
● Produced the stations centennial celebration video. University of Michigan Hospital, Ann Arbor, MI
Biomechanical 3D Modeler
Automotive Crash Injury Research and Engineering Network
2007 - 2008
● Served as Project Manager for multi-million dollar automotive accident research affiliated with JARI and Toyota.
● Designed anatomically accurate human body computer models for use in supercomputer automotive accident simulations.
● Assisted with technical support of General Motors Engineer Fellows.
● Developed website for http://traumaburn.org.
Jones A, Ginop-Jones T. (2018) PRACTICAL USE OF THE LEARNING COMMONS TRANSFORMATIVE MODEL
(LCTM) IN A PRIVATE K-12 SCHOOL., INTED2018 Proceedings, pp. 1514-1522. ISBN: 978-84-697-9480-7.
Jones, A.T. (2017). Amalgamating Information Technology With Library Services In The School Environment: A Learning Commons Transformative Model (Doctoral dissertation). Retrieved from http://dune.une.edu/theses/126/.
Jones A, (2016) A CASE STUDY OF MERGING INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY WITH LIBRARY SERVICES IN A METROPOLITAN VERTICAL SCHOOL BY USE OF THE LEARNING COMMONS TRANSFORMATIVE MODEL, EDULEARN16 Proceedings, pp. 7972-7977. ISBN: 978-84-608-8860-4. Holcombe, S., Ejima, S., Huhdanpaa, H., Jones, A., & Wang, S. C. (2008) RIBCAGE CHARACTERIZATION FOR FE USING AUTOMATIC CT PROCESSING, 2008 IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging: From Nano to Macro. doi:10.1109/ISBI.2008.4541079. CONFERENCES ATTENDED
NYSAIS Teaching With Technology Conference (TWT18) - April 2018 International Technology, Education and Development Conference (INTED2018) - May 2018 NYSAIS Education and Information Technology Conference (NEIT18) - January 2018 NYSAIS Education and Information Technology Conference (NEIT17) - January 2017 NYSAIS Education and Information Technology Conference (NEIT15) - January 2015 NYSAIS: Helping Students Find Meaning and Vitality in School - December 2015