SHIVAPRASAD KANAGABATTE PRASANNA
• Extensive experience in managing SQL, Qlik reports, graphical interactive UI and dashboards using QlikSense from multiple data sources like SQL, Oracle and Flat files like JSON, CSV, Excel
• Solid hands-on experience in IT industry with strong background in Database Analysis, Design and Development, Data Modeling and implementation of QlikSense for Business Intelligence applications
• Excellent analytical, co-ordination, interpersonal, leadership, organizational and problem solving skills, ability to adapt, learn new technologies and get proficient in them very quickly EDUCATION
Master of Science in Information Systems - Business Analytics (M.S.) Aug ’15 – May ’17 Cleveland State University, Ohio
Coursework: Database Management, Managing Databases for Business, Applied Business Analytics, Strategies for Business Analytics, Advanced System Analysis and Design, Project Management
• Awarded Scholarship for 2016-2017
Bachelor of Engineering in Information Science (B.E.) Aug ’10 - Jun ’14 Visvesvaraya Technological University -Karnataka -India Coursework: Database Management Systems, Data Structures & Algorithms, Object Oriented Design & Programming, Java & Web, Software testing, Computer Networks PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Lam Research Corporation, Fremont, California Aug ’17 - present Business Systems Analyst
• Work on QlikSense application development, including visualizations, parameters & report optimization
• Build and manage SQL queries in SQL Server Management Studio and Learning Management System for auto enrolling the engineers into the group
• Work with stakeholders to determine and define enhancements to the LMS environment. Convert the requirements into functional design specification and work with the vendor to implement potential improvements.
• Develop project requirements, analytic plans, SOWs, project timelines, and other related materials for the management of deliverables
• Test and validate Qlik reports and fix data issues and analyze the root cause for the errors
• Quality Assurance (UAT) of Qlik reports, spread sheets and fix the gaps with data analysis
• Work with Product Managers on exploratory analyses to find actionable info to drive growth
• Evaluate and validated data models; identified gaps & processes to streamline data management
• Create quarterly curriculum progress report and manage Qlik dashboards
• Help learners with any issues regarding the UI of the LMS, and drive improvements to the learning experience.
• Collaborate with Instructional Designers, Business Partners, Subject Matter Experts & project teams to create effective eLearning solutions, prototypes, assessments, and other media
• Manage the training implementation process in LMS from requirements phase to testing phase; perform Project Management tasks; manage multiple projects; organize and prioritize work and drive task completion
• Review and test internal, vendor created, and other media for use within the organization & deployment via LMS systems
• Support documentation, instructional design and work with system admin, adopt practices to create scalable framework for trainings needs and communicate current challenges
• Develop, maintain, and keep track of all courses, materials, and events within the LMS.
• Ensure and measure participation, compliance, and completion of all assigned trainings.
• Ensure the LMS works properly and act fast when it comes to bugs and unexpected errors.
• Create custom graphics and animations as needed to elevate the learning experience
• Maintain an advanced understanding of current trends in the Learning & Development industry to ensure we are taking advantage of the most up-to-date technologies and techniques.
• Work cross functionally and leverage Global Learning and Development best practices Shappier E-Commerce Pvt Ltd., Bengaluru, India Jan ’14 - July ‘15 Data Analyst
• Performed data analysis, data cleansing and data mining and presented results using SQL, MS Access, Excel
• Created business reports by joining multiple tables from multiple database using complex SQL queries and extensively used SQL for accessing and manipulating database systems
• Designed and developed User Interfaces such as dashboards, charts, dynamic text objects and worked on complex front end scripting
• Assisted in identifying, analyzing, and interpreting trends in data sets using SAS and Tableau
• Documentation of new process, reports, developed and executed User Acceptance Test plans
• Designed and created SQL data reports and used reporting tools to help business executives in their decision making and performed statistical analysis of business data
• Worked with stakeholder developers and production teams across units to identify business needs and solution options
Cleveland State University, Cleveland, Ohio Jan ’16 - May ‘17 SQL Database Analyst for Assistive Technologies
• Designed and ran simple SQL database queries & gathered user requirements & designed appropriate database solutions
• Maintain and update student database, provide technical assistance for disabilities and supported for incoming queries and troubleshot system errors
• Assisted with installation and configuration of new hardware and software like speech recognition, text to speech, Braille & alternative input devices
Implementation of Engineering Learning and Development Training Curricula
• Create and publish courses like ILT’s, WBT’s, skills and programs in Learning Management System
• Implement Certification programs/ courses CIP as defined parts of requirements
• Manage and provide end user support on the LMS for course/ programs on-going basis
• Manage the skill certifiers list on SharePoint website
• Develop SQL queries to automate enrollment process
• Develop workflows, scripts to automate current processes (email merge, reminders) Automation of Survey reminders in SQL database
• Create SQL data model and implement in LMS for automated email notification to complete the survey for class enrollees
QlikSense Dashboards for Engineering Learning and Development Training Curricula
• Manage customized and interactive dashboards in QlikSense for student’s programs, courses, skills, organizations showing the progress of particular student and ‘time to certify’ for each program.
• Data cleaning in Learning Management System for accurate results.
• Testing the data from Qlik dashboard and validate with Learning Management System database.
• Manage and develop quarterly reports to Directors of different organizations within the company to make business decisions.
Data Mapping for Cost Comparison
• Perform Data mapping on cost comparison of JSON files to compare different vendors’ APIs and create own data structure
• Create new data model to handle new Riders and Drivers details SQL Database in QlikSense
• Use QlikSense with Microsoft SQL Server to create SQL Database in Microsoft Azure and retrieve data in QlikSense with Microsoft SQL Server ODBC connection and built simple reports using QlikSense Stock Prediction using Twitter Sentiment Analysis
• Performed text mining and sentiment analysis (using R code) on Twitter Data and predicted how well the negative comments in social media correlate with market share of a company (Anthem Inc.) Manage Business Database using Oracle
• Create database user id, granted required privileges, created default tablespace, developed Entity Relationship model
Vehicle Management System Analysis and Design
• Plan and define system requirements to Use Cases, Use Case Scenarios and Use Case Narratives using the UML methodologies
• Create Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams using MS Visio SKILLS
• Business Tools & Database: GeoTalent LMS, QlikSense, SharePoint, MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Visio, Tableau, MySQL, Oracle 11g, SQL Server, SSIS, Adobe Presenter,