Education +1-573-***-**** email@example.com aryalshirshak
Washington University in St. Louis Graduation Date: December 2017 MASTERS & BACHELORS OF SCIENCE IN BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING Overall GPA: 3.65/4.0
• Honor: Hunter Scholarship at Washington University in St. Louis, School of Biomedical Engineering.
• Capstone Project: Built a hand burn rehabilitation device that provides movement rehabilitation for burn victims by substituting physical therapy needs at an affordable price.
Westminster College, Fulton, MO Graduation Date: May 2015 BACHELORS OF ARTS IN BIOLOGY Overall GPA: 3.81/4.0
• Minor: Economics and Mathematics
• Honor: Recognition award at Clinton Global Initiative University (CGIU) conference in March 2015 for project of improving financial literacy in rural area of Nepal.
Bioelectric Phenomenon Robotics Human Computer Interface Methods Physics of the Heart Quantitative Bioelectricity & Cardiac Excitation Biomechanics Quantitative Physiology BME Imaging Technologies Ultrasound Technical Writing Electronic Circuits Sensors & Actuators Thermodynamics Transport Phenomenon Cellular Neurophysiology Molecular Cell Biology Genetics Work Experience
Abbott, Burlington, MA Apr 2018 - Present
PRODUCT ANALYSIS ENGINEER
• Performed analysis of post-clinical use, implantable LVADs & external peripherals to aid patients with advanced heart failure.
• Conducted physical & electrical testing of the returned LVAS to component level to identify root cause of failure modes.
• Authored technical reports detailing investigation processes and findings to assure prompt resolution to customer complaints.
• Worked closely with RegulatoryAffairs, Technical Service, & Quality Control on inspection & manufacturing process improvements in relation to product failure investigations and initiated corrective-preventative action. King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia June 2017 - Aug. 2017 RESEARCH AND EDUCATION CONSULTANT
• Mentored students on carbon nanotubes, GIS mapping, flexible actuators for thermotherapy and reservoir simulation.
• Provided guidance in drafting research paper, posters and presentations.
• Managed educational aspects of research projects related to remote sensing, material science and reservoir engineering. Hongkong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong May 2016 - Aug. 2016 RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT INTERN, PROSTHETIC AND ORTHOTICS DIVISION
• Successfully designed and built foot orthotics for patient with cerebral palsy and improved mobility of more than 90 % of the patient.
• Performed bench testing, validation, verification test based on rehabilitative prosthetic technologies.
• Prepared technical reports & organized documents to support the safety and quality compliance for FDA submission. Sling Health, St.Louis, MO Aug. 2015 - May 2016
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT CO-OP
• Created and analyzed different versions of 3D prototypes using SOLIDWORKS and MATLAB during trial & error process.
• Performed systems verification tests on low profile Portable Ultrasound Doppler Probe & verified resolution and DOF.
• Designed and wrote test protocol based on ISO standard for verification and validation assessments of Class II-III medical devices.
• Documented test results, prepared reports & organized documents during pre-market phase of the product development. Student Technology Services, Washington University in St. Louis Sep. 2015 - Dec. 2017 TECHNICAL SUPPORT ASSISTANT
• Troubleshooting problems mainly related to network issues on IOS, Android devices and PCs at Medical School Campus.
• Provided technical support for all aspects of printing services in Olin Business School & Law School.
• Performed data entry&ensured routine update on database for medical practitioners on Clintdesk and Allscripts application. Coulter Science Center, Westminster College, Fulton, MO Aug. 2013 - May 2015 TEACHING AND RESEARCH ASSISTANT, BIOLOGY AND MATHEMATICS LECTURES AND LABS
• Cultured and maintained UCh1 chordoma cell via passaging, thawing & freezing to supply for ongoing experiments.
• Performed various techniques in DNA extractions & protein purification: affinity chromatography, centrifugation and PCR. Extracurricular Activities and Leadership
Executive Secretary, Student Government Association Year 2014 President, Habitat for Humanity, Westminster Chapter January 2014 - May 2015 Vice President, Engineering Ambassador January 2015-May 2015 Skills
Computer: Java, MATLAB, Simulink, Solidworks, Autodesk, Powerlab 26T, LabVIEW, Minitab, Rotational DOORS, Microsoft Office Languages: English, Nepali (Bilingual) Hindi (Full Professional Proficiency) Chinese, French(Elementary Proficiency)