Jason J. Kim
Michigan State University, East Lansing MI Expected Graduation: December 2018 Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering
Concentration: Manufacturing Engineering
S&S Die Co. Lansing MI May 2018-August 2018
• Developed manufacturing plans incorporating zero-point clamping systems which led to a faster set-up and production time
• Updated and created models and drawings on SolidWorks that would be utilized by the plant workers to save the company on cost
• Assisted plant workers in the shop by communicating on how the job needed to be set up and developed
• Created various risers and clamp systems for jobs that could not utilize zero-point clamping systems on SolidWorks
• Learned how to set up and operate CNC machines
Iroquois Industries, Warren MI May 2017-August 2017 CAD and Project Engineering Intern
• Utilized Altair HyperMesh to analyze parts so that they can be designed optimally
• Visited testing sites and prototype labs to gain better understanding of how products are developed and incorporated into the final product.
• Communicated with engineers from GM and FCA to make sure parts were analyzed, documented, and delivered to testing sites.
• Coordinated with the engineers to construct presentations and reports that will be presented to the head engineers as well as engineers from OEMs.
OEM Quality Support June 2016-August 2016
• Acted as a supplier to OEM to learn the chain structure between the OEM and Tier 1 suppliers from GM plant and Ryder warehouse
• Inspected vehicle parts to make sure the customer requirements were met efficiently
• Re-labeled and repackaged parts to be shipped to different locations
• Communicated with customers and site managers to discuss plans for the product Michigan State University, East Lansing MI September 2015- May 2017 EGR 100: Intro to Engineering Design Undergraduate Learning Assistant
• Assisted students in understanding curriculum requirements
• Helped students find errors in their Simulink programs
• Conducted safety training and ensured the safety of up to 50 students working on their projects in a lab environment.
• Guided students in completing their projects in a timely and efficient manner.
• Graded engineering memos written by the students Projects:
ME 478 Product Development Project Spring 2018
• Created powder bed 3D printer utilizing NX to develop the model, MyRIO to operate the printer, and LabView to develop the program to run it
• Won the initial design and manufacturing conceptualization by communicating our design and manufacturing plans to the audience concisely and effectively
• Utilized the machine shop tools to construct the individual components and ordered complicated moving parts from McMaster-Carr
ME 471 Design Day Project Spring 2017
• Developed a horizontal motion conveyor system with 4 other group members.
• Constructed (using machine tool lab) and tested the design in a competitive setting
• Analyzed using kinematic, dynamic, finite element structural, failure, fatigue, and cost analysis methods. GM LGR Assembly Plant Fall 2016
• Learned the processes of vehicle assembly from the moment material comes into the plant to the vehicle come off the assembly line
• Studied the various welding process that utilized both robots and employees
• Taught safety procedures and meeting daily quotas that employees are required when they are in the plant Fundraising Chair: Bibimbap Fundraiser Spring 2016
• Determined price points and costs while ensuring a net profit
• Organized the distribution of goods via delivery and pickup
• Responsible for delegating tasks and ensuring their completion Skills:
• Altair HyperWorks
• ANSYS 18.1
• NX 10.0
• Microsoft Office (Trained in
• Trained in machine shop tools
Pi Alpha Phi Inc. September 2015-Present
Vice President, Secretary, Fundraising Chair, Asian-Pacific American Representative, Alumni Chair
• Oversaw and advised other positions within the organization with events that the organization hosts.
• Developed and directed a bibimbap fundraising event which resulted in a net profit for the organization.
• Organized and facilitated an event with games and Asian food to promote MSU community cohesion.
• Represented the organization in affiliate events held throughout the year. MSU Model United Nations September 2014- Spring 2016 Senior Staff
• Operated a committee of 100 high school delegates
• Facilitated debates amongst the delegates by using the rules of the United Nation
• Researched 3 topics regarding world issues to be discussed during the conference