MS CS student experienced in Software Dev, Web Dev, and Big Data. Looking for full-time start from Jan 2019.
469-***-**** • email@example.com • linkedin.com/in/gaojie-wang EDUCATION
Master of Science in Computer Science. Dec 2018
The University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, Texas Selected Courses: Big Data, Web Programming, Database Design, ML, AI, Algo & Data structure, etc. Bachelor of Engineering in System Engineering. June 2012 University of Science and Technology, Nanjing, China Selected Courses: C Programming, C++, Computer Program Design, Computer Operation System, etc. PROGRAMMING SKILLS
• Solid coding skill in Java, and hands-on experience in Web Development and Software Development.
• Experienced in Spring Framework, RESTful, Node.js, jQuery, PHP, Hadoop, Apache Spark, HTML5, CSS3, Eclipse, MySQL Workbench, Linux, Windows, GitHub, Bootstrap, etc. CERTIFICATION
RESTful Web App Aug 2017 – Dec 2017
• Developed a RESTful web application, which works seamlessly between multiple web servers.
• Implemented innovative features like Signal Sign-On, Memcached, TLS/SSL Encryption.
• Crafted an efficient schema and build the database system from scratch with MySQL Workbench.
• Followed the SOA principals, managed to make the app completely service-oriented. Yelp Big Data Analysis Challenge Jan 2018 – May 2018 Technology: MapReduce, Hadoop, Apache Spark
• Successfully created the ready to use CSV files by parse through the provided JSON files with a Java application.
• Effectively applied MapReduce, Spark SQL & DataFrames for further cleaning the data.
• Managed to train a ready to use data model using Apache Spark library-MLlib.
• Developed a comprehensive back-end business service using Spring MVC.
• Leveraged Spring Data JPA to establish website structure and data exchange functionality.
• Dramatically cut down the developing time and gain the potential to scale up by properly using Spring Framework.
• Managed to build an impressively beautiful and responsive User Interface with responsive web design.
• Successfully implemented the full functionality of an e-commerce website. WORK EXPERIENCE
Software Engineer Intern, Sawtest Solution, Inc., Richardson, Texas Feb 2018 – Aug 2018 Technology: Java Programming, Software Development
• Applied the principles of software engineering to tackle problems and find solutions for optimal business objectives.
• Designed, developed, and maintained a wide range of web and Android-based software.
• Troubleshooting development issues successfully prevented additional risks.
• Programming in Java and leveraged application development skills to identifying potential issues.
• Effectively improved product performance on mobile devices during software maintenance.
• Taking swift actions based on software functionality testing results, dramatically improved reliability.