Passionate, devoted, and hardworking, results-oriented data entry and billing professional with skills in communication and project management tasks in corporate environments.
E/M, CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10-CM, modifiers, proficient in math & Microsoft, anatomy, billing & CPT codes. Excellent customer service, people skills, data entry, documenting, finance, marketing, medical billing, medical terminology, pharmacology, physiology, problem solving skills, coding, research management.
Data Entry & Billing/Insurance Specialist, 02/2015 to 04/2018
CAROLINA REHAB AND SURGICAL ASSOCIATES
• Billing, data entry, A/R specialist, claims recovery & client collections.
• Assign CPT codes for diagnoses, treatments, and procedures according to the appropriate classification system for complex inpatient encounters.
• Review provider documentation to determine principal diagnosis, co-morbidities and complications, secondary conditions and surgical procedures ICD-10-CM diagnoses and procedures.
• Ensure accurate coding by clarifying diagnosis and procedural information through a query process Reviews documentation to verify and, when necessary, correct the patient disposition upon discharge
• Prioritize work to ensure time frame of medical record coding meets regulatory requirements Resolve error reports and keep days in A/R low.
• Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, disease process, pharmacology, and surgical procedures.
Billing Specialist, Marketing, Management & Claims Recovery, 05/2006 to 01/2015
MANN ENT & WAKE INTERNAL – Raleigh, NC
• Medical billing, collections and coding
• Handled customer disputes and claims disputes
• A/R specialist
• Data entry
• Worked on company finance research and created financial portfolios
LIBERTY UNIVERSITY - Lynchburg, VA
B.A. - Education, 2017
• Team RWB: Community Outreach & Marathoner
• Hope Now Haiti: Humanitarian aid: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
• Forest Hills Baptist: Humanitarian aid to refugees: Raleigh, NC
• Ship of Zion: Homeless Outreach: S.E., Raleigh
• Laos Outreach: Humanitarian aid: Laos, Asia
• Team Rubicon: Disaster response
• Legislative/Government Action: advocated for Veteran Health Care with state senators, advocate for policies that protect refugees and international students, advocated for implementation of Veteran Treatment Courts, created a 501(C)(3) grant that aides homelessness in Cumberland & Hoke county
• Member on the Cary Town Council Environmental Impact Advisory Board
• Carolina Treatment Center: Amanda: 910-***-****
• Carolina Rehab and Surgical Associates: Tracy Dufresne: 919-***-****
• Clayton Medical: Joan Meehan: 919-***-****
• Team Rubicon: Greg Palmer: 252-***-****