Jeff Nielson Sunnyvale, California *****
408-***-**** • firstname.lastname@example.org
Creative Art Director
Dynamic, results-orientated professional experienced with increasing company performance and profitability through project management, brand development, and people management. Exceptional ability to manage portfolios of large, complex programs and projects with multiple teams, develop strategic partnerships, and successfully complete projects on-time. Expert in the creation of compelling integrated brand identity design. Strong ability to navigate a labyrinth of creative and technical requirements, forecast obstacles, mitigate risks, and provide superior communications enroute to successful project delivery. Areas of Emphasis
● Full Life Cycle Project Management
● Cutting-edge Graphic Design
● Web Usability Best Practices / UX
● Brand Identity Design & Creation
● Marketing Communications
● Press Releases and Media Kits
● Digital Asset Management Systems
● Stakeholder Communications
● Cost Control / Budget Administration
● Talent Training & Development
Cumulus Networks – Mountain View, California
Design Lead, Brand and Web, 2013 to 2018
Efficiently led and administered creative design projects in support of ongoing marketing and online programs for a computer software company delivering solutions for large datacenter, cloud computing, and enterprise environments.
Recruited, managed, and mentored in-house design team responsible for all creative development for the company including the highly recognizable and iconic logo, enterprise grade website and UX, software application UI, brand assets and image library, sales enablement and training materials, thought leadership and fundraising presentations, product and company collateral pdfs, PowerPoint presentations, environmental and event booth design, direct mail, packaging and social media campaigns. Managed an external web agency based in South Africa. Established and implemented digital asset management system with Bynder. Selected Achievements:
● Created the entire brand identity for Cumulus Networks and implemented continuous improvement strategies to lead the company to be recognized as a visionary leader in Networking on the Gartner Magic Quadrant.
● Developed packaging and design system for Cumulus Express Product Line.
Jeff Nielson Page 2
● Collaborated with marketing executives to define strategy and lead in the development of creative concepts delivered through all media channels including packaging, events, print, advertising, video, web, social, and mobile.
● Supported efforts to help company achieve revenue goals of up to $25 million.
● Garnered national attention when Photography was published in Fortune Magazine. Nielson Design – Saratoga, California
Principal / Creative Director, 2001 to 2013
Commissioned to create original engaging presentations of images and information for various industry including the technology and food and beverage sectors. Inspired creativity throughout all design work, ensuring that all design work was completed to the highest standard. Delivered projects for over 60 clients on a freelance basis. Drove organizational excellence to design, create, and produce original artwork that had a high visual impact and drove growth of the product portfolio. Demonstrated communication skills, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, solve problems, scope business, technical requirements, and prioritize project work. Selected Projects:
● Cisco Systems – UCS Manager UI, Product Photography; Rackable Systems – Brand Identity Design; McDill Associates – Retail Packaging and Print Design for Newman’s Own, Monterey Pasta, Litehouse Foods, and Grimmway Farms; Liquid Agency – Brand Design for Adobe, VMware, Intel, and multiple start-ups; Fierro Design – Design and illustration for Duraflame, Clorox, and Sunkist. Educational Background
Bachelor of Science in Applied Art and Design with a concentration in Graphic Design California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, California Trainings: Principles of Marketing, Fundamentals of Sales and Marketing, Integrated Marketing Communications, Positioning and Brand Management, International Marketing, Effective Presentations Technical Proficiency
Environments: Mac OS X; CSS; HTML; XML
Tools: Visual Design/UX/Prototyping Apps: Adobe Creative Suite; Adobe XD; Photoshop; Illustrator; Indesign; Invision, Sketch; Digital Asset management Systems; Wagtail; Wordpress; Atlassian Suite; Jira; Confluence; Structure; Google Apps