Contact No: 979-***-****
*** ******** *****, ********* *****, Brookline, MI-48307
Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering (Aug’16-Aug’18) Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering (Sep’09-May’13) Visvesvaraya Technological University, Karnataka, India. Technical Skills
Additive Manufacturing, Rapid prototyping, Selective laser sintering, Stereolithography, Digital light processing, Polymer processing, Ceramic processing, Ultrasonic processing, Nanocomposites, Ceramic & metal 3d printing, CAD, CAE, SolidWorks, Microsoft Office, Tableau, Pro-E, Auto-CAD, Solid Edge, ANSYS, SolidWorks Simulation, CATIA, Python, CNC, multi-axis milling, MATLAB, Injection moulding, Extrusion, Thermo-forming, Compressive moulding, Impact testing, Non-destructive testing, FTIR, SEM, XRD, TGA, DSC, Rheology measurement, Technical writing, Detailing and Drafting, DFM, Generative design, Dfam Professional Experience
Mechanical Engineering Intern, Fraunhofer CMI, Boston, MA (June’18 – Aug’18)
• Reduce operation costs by minimizing engineering changes by designing prototypes to be 3D printed.
• Worked on the generative design of the automation system using Topology Optimization tool in Ansys 18.2 and Fusion 360.
• Worked on manipulation and cleaning of .stl files in Space Claim to redesign optimized parts to be 3D printed.
• Was responsible for release process in PLM and create 2D Assembly /manufacturing drawings
• Gained hands on experience on ASME Y 14.5 2009 GD&T concepts by assembling the components. Graduate Teaching Assistant, Texas A&M University, TX (Sep’17- May’18)
• Designed the laboratory experiments of the Manufacturing and materials ‘MMET 201’ course at Texas A&M.
• Acquired hands on experience of over 100 hours on fabrication tools like CNC, milling machine, lathe, injection moulding machine and extrusion machine through experiments.
Design & Development Engineer, Quest Global Engineering Services, Bangalore, India (May`14–Aug’15) Design Optimization of Civil Aircraft Engines Parts
• Conducted DFMEA, Risk review, analysis of the concessions raised, weight estimation data sheet, concept sketch and preparation of communication sheet for detail design of the parts.
• Implemented design changes to expedite cost reduction initiatives for the Rolls Royce Engine Development program.
• Reduced cycle time of the production engine, which resulted in a cost saving of 12,000£ per engine to Rolls-Royce. Design and Detailing of Drill Collars
• Used Solid Works for 3D Modelling and drafting of singular parts, sub-assemblies & general assemblies of drilling tools.
• Proposed & implemented design changes in the Drill Collars according to the Engineering Change Notice (ECN).
• Won the customer satisfaction award by reducing cycle time by 30% of modelling & drafting the complex drill tool parts. Manufacturing Engineer, FiveBros Forgings Pvt. Ltd., Ankleshwar, India (Jun`13–May’14)
• Gained hands-on experience in forging and heat treatment of flanges and other precision manufacturing techniques.
• Updated the Bill of materials (BOM), created & maintained build documentation for production using a PLM software.
• Conducted non-destructive tests such as Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI) & Liquid Penetrate test on forged parts. Academic Projects
Study of Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) of ceramic and metallic parts, (Thesis) (Jan’17- Jun’18)
• Designed, modelled and fabricated a SLS (Selective Laser Sintering) setup using extruded Aluminium T- slots.
• Material preparation and characterization of Nickel nanocomposites and Alumina samples for Indirect SLS 3D printing technique. Study of Stereolithography (SLA) of ceramic parts, (Thesis) (Jan’17- Jun’18)
• Selection and preparation of a UV-vis curable polymer for porous and high-density ceramics using Stereolithography.
• Studying rheological behaviour of the photopolymeric resins for ceramic nanoparticles.
• Modelling of thermal post processing (de-binding and sintering) for varying sizes of ceramic parts.
• Submitted a research paper titled ‘Vat polymerization of porous alumina’ for the ASME-MSEC 2018 conference. Design and Fabrication of a Hybrid Moped (Jan`13–May’13)
• Modelled & drafted the components of a Hybrid Moped using CATIA V5 for the final project of my undergraduate study.
• Designed and fabricated a Hybrid Moped to increase the mileage from 95 miles/gallon to 152.7 miles/gallon. Diptanshu Sharma