RICHARD N. KRAUSE
Warminster, PA. 18974
Energetic, accomplished Director of Plant Operations with 20+ years of experience in the healthcare industry, including multi-site hospital systems, life care communities, and skilled care facilities.Result focused, collaborative leader with proven ability to improve systems, resulting in increased efficiency and decreased costs. Talent for proactively identifying needs and implementing practical, efficient solutions. Always cognizant of the impact of building services on patient care. Fully knowledgeable of infection control, OSHA, JACHO, EPA, DEP, DOH and infectious waste management.
Areas of Expertise
● Management of team members in 24/7 environment
● Multi-site experience
● Knowledgeable regarding healthcare system software
● Regulatory expertise
● Employee education and training
● Confident leader
● Excellent presentation skills
● Trusted coach and mentor to staff
● Results oriented/ committed to success
● Creative problem solver
● Customer service focus
Manor Care Health Services, King of Prussia, PA 2017-2018 Skilled nursing care and rehabilitation.
Director of Housekeeping
● Streamlined departmental processes, increasing productivity
● Employee mentoring and education
● Payroll, budget preparation, materials management and event coordination
● Safety Committee, Infection Control Committee
Ann’s Choice, Warminster, PA 2015-2017
Life care community, personal and skilled care, Erickson Living Housekeeping Manager
● Supervision of staff in housekeeping and laundry
● Improved isolation cleaning procedures
● Quality assurance inspections
● Payroll, budgeting, educational in-service
● Special event set ups
● Member Performance Improvement and Safety Committee SAINT MONICA MANOR,Philadelphia, PA 2013 - 2014
Long term care facility, Catholic Health Care Services, union environment Director of Plant Operations
● Maintain and monitor all mechanical aspects of building including HVAC systems, computer mainframe, fire control system and security panels
● Direct responsibility for maintenance, housekeeping, laundry, security, grounds and purchasing departments
● Safety Committee Chair, QI, Infection Control, and Life Safety committees
● Coordinate and maintain Life Safety Manual, OSHA Log, Worker’s Compensation Log, Elopement Log, Property Log and Pest Control Manual
● Preparation/monitoring of budget, staffing, supervision, payroll,employee in-service
● Facilitate all inspections including sprinklers, alarms, fire safety and call bell systems
● Maintain software of all security cameras, resident roam alert system and door alarms
● Audit building for life safety concerns
● Control and monitor building comfort through use of computerized system
● Coordinate all facilitate set-ups for meetings, recreational events and special functions PLATINUM HEALTH SERVICES, Philadelphia, PA 2011 - 2012 Long term care facility- Union environment
Director of Environmental Services
● Revision of departmental policies/procedures to increase effectiveness of staff and overall cleanliness of hospital
● Successfully brought department into compliance with state and federal regulations leading to positive outcome of inspections.
● Budget preparation and monitoring, employee staffing, supervision and payroll SODEXO/SAINT FRANCIS HOSPITAL, Wilmington, DE 2009 395 bed acute care hospital system in Wilmington, with outpatient sites. General Manager, Environmental Services and Laundry
● Revision of departmental policies procedures to increase effectiveness of staff and cleanliness
● Streamlined services, increased productivity and reduced costs.
● Successfully brought department into compliance with state and federal regulations
● Budget preparation and monitoring, employee staffing, supervision and payroll. ARIA/FRANKFORD HEALTHCARE SYSTEMS, Philadelphia, PA 2003- 2009 477 bed acute care hospital system in Philadelphia and suburbs, with three hospitals and outpatient sites. Director of Environmental Services
● Maintained Quality Assurance program, ensuring that department reached and maintained superior level Press Ganey scores, measuring customer satisfaction throughout all sites. Specifically measured cleanliness and employee courtesy. Consistently maintained scores from 88% to 93%.
● Led effort to ensure that department’s infection control responsibilities were met as per the CDC and State Act 52. Set standards and developed monitoring/data reporting for Infection Control Committee. .
● Revised the department orientation process, incorporating competency measurements stressing exceptional customer service, and measuring job performance. Fostered accountability and ensured that all JCHO and regulatory standards were met or exceeded.
● Forecasted budget, salaries, supplies and equipment costs for all renovation projects. Ensured that new areas were staffed, cleaned and prepared, meeting all deadlines for the opening of new locations.
● Developed employee in-service calendar, presented programs and ensured that process was documented/ maintained resulting in consistent positive rating by infection control/regulatory agencies.
● Developed matrix to measure employee productivity against budget. Measured number of rooms cleaned per eight hour shift and quality of work. Provided useful tool for budgeting and staffing. EDUCATION
Bachelor of Science Degree, West Chester University, West Chester, PA References furnished upon request