BETH A. FARIA
● Over 10+ years of experience providing administrative support.
● Exhibit exceptional attention to detail when preparing reports, budgets, correspondence and presentation materials.
● Excel in areas of coordinating agendas, meetings and appointments on a priority basis.
● Proficient in all Microsoft applications including Word and Excel.
● Possess excellent communication skills necessary to succeed within any organization. EXPERIENCE
HARVARD UNIVERSITY, Cambridge, MA (2002-2017)
Work/Life Analyst, OFFICE OF WORK/LIFE, HUMAN RESOURCES (2004-2017)
• Co-developed a workplace-based mindfulness program across a defined population of 5,000+ employees ranging from senior leaders to English language learners: Created systems to plan, deliver and evaluate programs designed to reduce stress and build resilience in employe populations.
• Worked with external vendors and departmental leaders to customize and deliver multi-week mindfulness courses, resulting in more than 10% employee participation in three years.
• Created and managed university-wide communication strategy for the promotion of Harvard’s mindfulness programs and Harvard’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
• Managed all aspects of $3 million University-wide Faculty and Staff Childcare Scholarship Program and Adoption Assistance Grant, with high-volume and high-touch customer service.
• Developed stakeholder and “local champions network” to support the university-wide promotion of work/life newsletters, events, and new programs.
• Worked with vendors and consultants to develop cost-effective and customer-focused solutions to operational problems and local needs.
• Supported a wide range of employee interest groups including those for parents of children with disabilities and Harvard’s LGBTQ community with special concerns around legal and tax issues.
• Managed an on-campus will-writing program.
• Triaged pitch calls, identified potential new vendors, and generated proposals to meet the needs of the employees ranging from faculty to clerical and technical staff to English language learners. Office Coordinator, FACULTY AND STAFF ASSISTANCE PROGRAM, HUMAN RESOURCES (2002-2004)
• Supported three senior psychotherapists by managing schedules, managing a database, and serving as the first point-of-contact for over 1,600 staff, faculty and post-doctoral fellows per year.
• Redesigned and managed departmental website to include new features and dynamic content. Served on the website committee for review of all local HR departments’ websites and assisted in the development of a new university-wide employee intranet.
• Identified high risk callers and coordinated priority clinical assessments as well as referrals to other relevant university resources.
• Created and implemented web and print-based communications strategies to increase program utilization and benefits to the Harvard community.
TERRALYCOS, INC. (formerly Lycos, Inc.), Waltham, MA (1998-2001) Senior Product Manager (2001)
• Acted as team lead and mentor for a group of 7 advertising product managers.
• Led the company’s first cross-functional pilot team in the creation, development, and implementation of a $2M ad product on the Lycos Network.
• Created and provided analysis of monthly reports, highlighting key metrics to inform leaders. BETH FARIA -2-
• Assisted R&D team in creating ad products that used cutting edge technology in the early internet environment. Industry Segment Manager (2000)
• Captured data on site demographics, competitive analysis, customer needs, and industry trends.
• Developed and managed marketing plans for three major market segments.
• Ensured that key customer campaigns were effectively implemented and exceeded expectations. Advertising Manager (1999-2000)
• Increased revenue by defining new ad placements and managing product development.
• Coordinated new site/service launches with communication, training and sales collateral to over 150 sales representatives.
• Managed transition of client campaigns and ad serving software while playing a key role in the overall standardization of ad products for newly acquired sites. Department Administrator/Inventory Analyst (1998-1999)
• Acted as department administrator and inventory analyst for Sales Operations department in fast-paced Internet start-up environment.
• Handled all incoming calls, processed expense reports, gathered sales requests, scheduled travel arrangements, managed meeting calendar, supervised intern, entered sales contracts, monitored campaign delivery, and supported department in other duties as necessary.
• Managed inventory of over 1,000 products, published bi-weekly inventory reports, and prepared monthly advertising revenue reports for Senior Management Team. BRAINWORKS, INC., Monterey, CA (1997-1998)
Administrative Assistant/Marketing Associate
• Acted as office manager for all administrative duties: answered telephone, scheduled travel arrangements, managed office calendar, ordered office supplies, assisted customers, researched leads, and prepared reports.
• Organized trade show exhibits and traveled nationally presenting products to prospective clients. EDUCATION
B.A., Communications, University of Massachusetts at Amherst, Amherst, MA 1992–1996 Dean’s List, Golden Key National Honor Society.
Proficiency in: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, Web-based e-mail, Internet Working knowledge of: MS Access, HTML, MS Publisher, Photoshop, FileMaker Pro