To secure a rewarding career in which my experience in sales, catering, and event management is fully utilized and expanded upon.
University of New Hampshire Durham, NH
May, 1995 BS in Hospitality Management
The National Conference Center
Catering Sales Manager, March 2018 – Present
• Responsible for achieving annual sales goal of $408,000.
• Selling and managing weddings, social events, galas, etc.
• Prospecting area companies for new potential catering business. Wakefield School The Plains, VA 20198
Auction and Event Coordinator July, 2015 – March, 2018
• Developing donors from school community through various fundraising activities including a 5k run, Golf Tournament, and Auction and working towards a net revenue goal of
• Running fundraising events including a staff of volunteers from inception to completion.
• Organizing other school activities such as Commencement, Grandparents Day, Senior Dinner, etc.
Clyde’s Restaurant Group Washington, DC
Private Event Manager September, 2014 – July, 2015
• Booked and managed social and corporate events for up to 500 people for the Old Ebbitt Grill and The Hamilton DC, both restaurants in the top 15 grossing restaurants in the country and one being the third busiest restaurant in the country.
• Daily tasks included scheduling and booking events, staffing, meeting with support staff to ensure perfect execution of every event.
• Responsible for extensive customer communication via email, phone calls, and appointments.
• • •
Marriott Ranch Hume, VA
Catering Sales Manager, November, 2011 – Present in part-time capacity
• Sold and serviced weddings and other social events for up to 300 guests.
• Served as Banquet Manager for corporate retreats and picnics for up to 2000 guests by leading the setup and staff on the execution of the event.
• Was one of two managers that sold and serviced the off-site catering events which included party tents at the Virginia Gold Cup horse races that annually brought the Marriott Ranch up to $650,000 in catering sales in two days of events. Tyson’s Corner Marriott Tyson’s Corner, VA
Senior Event Manager and Catering Sales Manager, November, 2001 – November 2004
• Handled over $5 million in sales and catering revenue.
• Responsible for improvement of hotel standards by meeting standards of operation as outlined by the Marriott Corporation.
• Serviced the property’s high profile clients through sales blitzes, follow-up calls, and site visits in order to bring additional business to hotel.
• Handled re-active sales calls to book new social business from the client’s first inquiry call through the signature on the contract, then ensured timely and smooth turnover to the Event Manager for the continuation of the event planning process. Fairview Park Marriott Falls Church, VA
Event Manager, June, 2000 – November, 2001
• Handled over $3 million in sales and catering revenue.
• Served as committee chair for Meeting Planner Survey task force
• Shared responsibility for training and development of event team, student interns, and cross training associates as well as the event assistants. References available upon request