Canton, Michigan 48188 firstname.lastname@example.org
Organization: United States Department of Defense
Re: Realty Specialist
With this letter and accompanying resume, I am submitting my application for your consideration. My various business positions in private and corporate management and ownership (with 500 staff and associates), provides me with a beneficial perspective in corporate multi-location operations activities, working with different departments and in different functions within the organization. My extensive background includes providing solutions to businesses seeking to drive profit and build organic market share through:
• Financial Planning/Management/Forecasting, Operations controls, Facilities management
• Area management in sales and service, marketing to the brand’s strengths and value proposition
• Local and international business expansion strategies and recruiting programs
• Environmental analysis, Value proposition, Process management, Investment returns, Staff development
• Use of MS Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) when developing forms for business management and tracking purposes (KPIs, Budget Variances, Brand Value, Cost Comparison, etc.)
• Work flow and change management analysis with multi-department corporate environments
• Trained in PR as spokesperson for various organizations My practical understanding of the daily challenges that come with running a successful business has helped my customers increase efficiency, customer satisfaction, employee job satisfaction and profit. While the bulk of my career has been focused within, and companies servicing the real estate industry, the skills I have developed apply to any business looking to add to their value proposition. For example, as Treasurer and Chairman of the Food Bank of the Rockies, we utilized business strategies and financial management techniques to restructure the operation for future growth and ensure a solid financial base for long term stability. I have established myself as a top–performing:
• Trainer and speaker, Business consultant, Franchise operations and Facilities specialist
• Author and instructor of continuing education courses about the legal and ethical responsibilities of working with consumers and the expectations of licensees in a position of public trust. My strengths also include:
• Thorough understanding of strategic planning and operations, including financial analysis, budget forecasting, management, marketing, training, cost–containment, and workflow processes
• Management of regional and national learning activities
• Author and presenter of scalable content for domestic and international changing market dynamics, mergers & acquisitions, staff development, and U.S. and global economic updates If these qualifications are what you deem valuable in fulfilling the requirements of this position, I am very interested in meeting with you. I welcome the opportunity to discuss, in greater detail, specific contributions I can make to your organization.
Please contact me at 734-***-**** to schedule an appointment. Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to your call.
RICK HARKNESS, MBA 734–658–8317–Cell
Canton, Michigan 48188 email@example.com
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT, TRAINING AND OPERATIONS PROFESSIONAL
• Financial Planning and Analysis/Budgeting
• Marketing and Strategic Growth/Benchmark & Trending
• Motivational Trainer, Leader and Team Builder
• Domestic and International Business Development
• Mergers & Acquisitions, Recruiting and Retention
• Franchise Operations and Sales Support
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Strong commitment to brand value and service
• Consulting companies to success
• Experienced instructor and speaker
• Cost/benefit value analysis and presentations
CAREER HISTORY & SELECTED HIGHLIGHTS
Business Consultant-Sales, Franchise Operations, Small Business 2017-Current Accomplished consultant with a strong commitment to brand value, vision, and perspective. Proven acumen and expertise in financial management, cost control, operations, and growth strategies.
• Strategic planning and KPI evaluation for underperforming sales individuals, teams and companies with desire to increase profits.
• Sales training designed for sales agents, managers, and company owners, based on client’s unique vision, goals and objectives.
• Effective in guiding companies through M&A analysis and processes, company transitions, diversity markets, and organic growth strategies.
• Speaker on global economic trends, franchise business development & growth strategies, and recruiting topics for managers. REALOGY, INC, (Matrix) – Madison, New Jersey 2016 – 2017 Manager, Center of Excellence, Business Solutions Team, Financial Planning & Analysis Business Solutions Team member providing business analysis and strategic planning support to brokerages within matrix of Realogy brands. Emphasis on financial planning, establishing production goals, and growth-related strategies including retention and recruiting. Related areas of review include change management, management development, organizational change, and succession planning.
• Performed analyses of brokerage operations and growth strategies in key performance areas for all U.S. brands.
• Completed profit study that reached across all brands to establish income and expense benchmarks.
• Presented leadership and strategy skills to owner operators during the International Management Academy.
• Authored new scalable material supporting areas of emphasis reviewed with customers during engagements. REALOGY, INC, (CENTURY 21 REAL ESTATE, LLC) – Madison, NJ 2005 - 2016 Business Consultant, Franchise Services Division, Great Lakes/Michigan Region 2008 - 2016 Provide direct support to 59 brokerages with 104 locations, in the areas of sales, market share growth, operations, marketing, recruiting and retention, profitability and mergers & acquisitions. Production and revenue totals doubled over a 6-year period with 2015 sales over $3B, generating $89M in gross commissions.
• Drove new sales processes and marketing improvements during the economic downturn in the Great Lakes-Michigan region. Reversed declining brand market share trend, stabilized struggling brokerages through operational and recruiting changes, positioning for future growth, with all key metrics increased YOY.
• Rebuilt group of affiliate service providers to an all-time high level in the region, leading to recovery of funding sources for regional events and support for agents and brokers councils.
• Guest speaker and international management consultant for national conventions in Mexico, Turkey and brand training in Albania.
Regional Learning Manager-North United States Zone 2005 - 2008 Responsible for developing and providing in person and online training for system members focused on agent productivity, recruiting, leadership, management, budgeting, and value propositions. Specialized in delivering content supporting broker in- office training and production requirements for agents. REALOGY, INC, (COLDWELL BANKER REAL ESTATE, LLC) - Denver, CO 2001- 2005 Franchise Sales Director-Rocky Mountain Region; Senior Director of Business Development
• Generated sales of new franchises in previously stagnant growth territory.
• Team trainer for new franchise sales personnel. Developed area management plan to accommodate sales needs.
• Project manager for office mergers, relocations, remodels and special projects. Managed leases for 30 office and kiosk locations, with over 325,000 sq. ft. of rentable space and $7 million in annual rent obligations. PERRY & BUTLER REALTY, INC. – Denver, CO 2000 to 2001 Sales Manager
Managed flagship office and led team of 50+ staff and $120M in production for a local brand company purchased by Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage-NRT in 2001.
• Returned office to profit within 3 months and reduced prior losses by 50%.
• Speaker and developer of business growth material for sales agents, mortgage and title companies. KELLER WILLIAMS REALTY PROFESSIONALS, LLC. - Lakewood, CO 1994 to 2000 Owner/Broker
Launched new brand and grew office team to over 100 sales staff. #1 growth in market share, agent recruiting, retention and production, and establishing brand as a quality product in the local market.
• Office profit and production grew to one of top 10 nationally. PROFESSION AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
• Easter Seals Michigan – Fundraising Events
• Gabby’s Ladder (Family Grief Center) – Monroe, MI – Fundraising Events
• Colorado State Association of Realtors (CAR) State Director and trustee for CAR Columbine Foundation
• Jefferson County Association of Realtors (Colorado); 1994 to 2002; President and Treasurer
• Food Bank of the Rockies-Member of National Second Harvest Network; Chairman and Treasurer LICENSES AND CREDENTIALS
Colorado Broker License Since 1985
CRS-Certified Residential Specialist
GRI-Graduate, REALTOR Institute
CIPS-Certified Int’l Property Specialist
MRE-Masters in Real Estate
REEA-Real Estate Educators Association
REGIS University, Denver, Colorado
Master of Business Administration Degree with honors Bachelor of Science Degree – Business Administration