An enthusiastic, dedicated and result-oriented Human Resource Manager capable of delivering valuable organisation staffing needs and requirements. Holds a Master’s Degree in Management focusing on Human Resource Management. An expert in negotiating win-win compromises, developing team building programs, and writing personnel manuals, corporate policies, job descriptions and management reports. Comfortable with taking the lead in employment protocol compliance and in anticipating staffing needs. A productive, tactful and self-motivated individual, highly competent in developing and implementing HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy of the company. Possesses outstanding communication, interpersonal skills and collaboration skills needed for establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with individuals at all levels. A highly approachable and pleasant team leader capable of training and developing members to enable them to fulfill their potential and add value to the business. EDUCATION
Modules: Human Resource Management Management and Organisational Behaviour Psychology of Management Negotiation Leading Change Entrepreneurship Ethical Business Financial Management Strategic Management Marketing Management Information Systems and Strategy Grade: First Class Honors
• Diligently taught secondary age students at IES Conde de Orgaz (public school), English as a second language in the areas writing, reading, and speaking and comprehension skills in English, History, Theatre
& Science classes (approximately 480 students, 30 per class).
• Effectively prepared students for high level English exams; Trinity, KET, PET, First and Advanced Certificate and expanded students’ cultural awareness of the United States and the World (Daily projects and presentation).
• Organized and directed 25, 13 year old Spanish students in an English production of “A Mid-Summer Nights Dream.”
• Effectively ensured daily lesson plans & execution including presentations, evaluations, editing, revision and pronunciation.
• Successfully provided private tutoring in Spanish and English to approximately 15 full-time students
(ranging in age from 3-67), business professionals, and adult conversation classes.
• Effectively acquired corporate and individual clients through email targeting and meticulously prepared students for high-level English exams; Trinity, KET, PET, First and Advanced Certificate and ensured 100% pass rate as well as ensured individualised lesson planning, execution, revision and review for clients. RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collaboratively worked with the Sydney Opera House in a fast-paced, high volume, fine dining experience restaurant to ensure customer satisfaction and growth of the business. DANA HUMPHREY
Human Resource Professional
+353 (83) 069 2449
MSc in Management Trinity College Dublin Dublin, Ireland 2017 – 2018 BA Political Science & BA Theatre The University of Florida Gainesville, Florida 2009 – 2012 Teacher, Auxiliaries de Conversación Spanish Ministry of Education Madrid, Spain
Oct 2015 – Jul 2017
Private Tutor, English Teacher Madrid, Spain Oct 2015 – Jul 2017 Server/Bartender Searock Grill Sydney, Australia Feb 2015 – Jun 2015
• Competently ensured the high level of customer experience by providing excellent service including offering positive customer interaction and effective serving skills. RESPONSIBILITIES
• Successfully taught English as a second language in the areas writing, reading, speaking and comprehension skills in the English language to approximately 360, 30 per class secondary age students at IES Miguel Catalan (public school).
• Effectively prepared students for high-level English exams including- Trinity, KET, PET, First and Advanced Certificate as well as expanded students’ cultural awareness of the United States via daily projects and presentation; also prepared daily lesson plans & execution including - presentations, evaluations, editing, revision and pronunciation.
• Successfully taught students’ from pre-school to high school level students throughout all of Duval county with approximately 1 million population.
• Diligently worked with special needs including; developmentally disabled and physically handicapped children, disadvantaged & non-English speaking students of all ages in multiple locations and schools across the county and effectively learned how to adapt quickly to each class/students’ needs, culture and education level.
• Successfully ensured a high level of customer experience by providing excellent service including offering positive customer interaction and effective serving skills.
• Ensured prompt customer services at Upscale Seafood restaurant in terms of coordinating fast-paced, high volume and fine dining experience with daily changes in menus to ensure customer satisfaction and growth of the business.
• Successfully rose from the level of Lifeguard to Pool Manager within two years and effectively performed management duties including hiring, training and maintaining a staff of 15 for the entire season.
• Collaboratively managed a team of lifeguards and maintained the pool facilities while coordinating safety training including organising mock rescues to cater for the needs of club patrons. Also protected the pool’s swimmers and carefully filed safety reports.
IT Skills: Microsoft Office Social Media Mac IOS Google Docs Languages: English (Native) Spanish (Intermediate) Areas of Expertise: Human Resource Management Performance Evaluation Orientation/on-boarding HR Policies and Procedures Staff Recruitment and Retention Crisis Prevention Intervention Mediation/ Advocacy Standardised Testing Customer Service Process Improvement Change Management Financial Management Goal Setting Training/Mentorship Information Systems Report Writing Benefits Administration Dispute Resolution Communication Skills Interpersonal Skills Collaboration Skills Creative Thinking Analytical Skills Decision Making Negotiation Skills Multifunctional Skills Adaptability/ Flexibility Customer Service Strategic Planning INTERESTS
Music and Theatre (Trained Second Soprano, Actress & Stage Manager) Sports (Hiking, Swimming, Surfing, Boating, Biking, Kickball, Bowling, Table Tennis, & Pool) Current Affairs (Multiple International News Sources) International Affairs International Travel Extensive Travel (North America, North Africa, Europe, Australia, Caribbean)
Teacher, Auxiliares de Conversación Spanish Ministry of Education Zaragoza, Spain
Oct 2013 – Jun 2014
Substitute Teacher Duval County Public Schools Jacksonville, Florida Oct 2012 – Feb 2015 Server/Bartender Sliders Seafood Neptune Beach, Florida Jun 2012 – Sep 2015 Pool/Lifeguard Manager Selva Marina County Club Atlantic Beach, Florida
May 2009 – Sep 2012