DESTIN NISHAY BARAKAMFITIYE
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa ●+277********●email@example.com
Page 1 of 2
Creative, versatile, energetic, enthusiastic graduate Industrial Engineer with 4.5 years of rich experience in process and systems design especially in the manufacturing and production sector in South Africa. Comprehensive engineering knowledge and skills on all aspects of process design, process equipment design, process integration and optimization with expertise in process simulation software and proven competencies enabling production of high quality cost-effective deliverables meeting client requirements. Skilled and experienced in production audits, process sheets, line balancing and continuous improvements. CAREER OBJECTIVE
Proactive result driven professional seeking a challenging position in an Industrial Engineering firm to utilize qualifications and four and a half years of industrial engineering experience and deliver outstanding results by ensuring proper flow of project activities across all stages of the project.
Areas of Interest: Industrial Automotive Engineering, Manufacturing Systems, Quality and reliability, Supply Chain and Logistics, Engineering Management, Product development, Process Design, Process Equipment Design, Process Economics, Process Optimization, Process Integration, Process Control, Process Plant Safety (particularly HAZOP analysis), Cost estimation studies. SKILLS
Industrial Engineering, Process Engineering, Process Design
Modeling, Simulations, Design Optimization
Creation of Excel calculation sheets for solving complex process engineering problems
Time management: Prioritizing tasks to meet strict deadlines
MS project, Visio, AutoCAD, MS Outlook, MS Office – Working knowledge
Communication: Doing presentations, writing essays and Technical reports
Coordination, Problem Solving, Decision Making, Planning, Execution
• Ever Star Industries is the sole distributor of Powerstar and Powerland trucks, Shantui and NHL construction equipment in the SADC region of sub-equatorial Africa it has an assembly plant located in the industrial hub of Pietermaritzburg, Kwazulu-Natal where the Powerstar and Powerland ranges are assembled according to international Quality Assurance Standards. (ISO 9001)
• Design material handling equipment for VX Range models and Foton FT Range Model which was introduced in 2018
• Redesign the Assembly Plant Layout to minimize Non-Value Adding activities
• Design and generate Process sheets and Work Instruction Sheets for All Models.
• Cost Analyses
• Coordinate quality control objectives and activities to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, and minimize cost.
• Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency, using drafting tools and computer.
• Review production schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities.
• Estimate production cost and effect of product design changes for management review, action, and control.
• Data analysis, Root cause analysis
• Time studies
• Cost reduction initiatives
• Intercompany cost benchmarking
• Lean implementation
• Value stream mapping
Process Design Engineer, February 2016 to date
Litwin PEL (Abu Dhabi, UAE)
DESTIN NISHAY BARAKAMFITIYE
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa ●+277********●firstname.lastname@example.org Page 2 of 2
January 2014 to December 2014 (12 Months): Technical Trainee:
• Perform assigned technical engineering tasks
• Workstations redesigning and implement the new layout
• Generating process sheets for all workstation of the assembly line.
• Time studies and Line balancing.
• Analyze the work load on workstations.
• Continuous improvements.
Design Project – BTech Final Year, September 2015 – January 2016:
• Production of the case nut spatter cover using Rapid Prototyping Modules:
• System Dynamics
• Information Systems
• Project Engineering
• Logistics Engineering
• Production Engineering
• Quality Assurance
• Project Research
Study Project, February 2014 – May 2015:
• Formula One in School Design
Durban University of Technology (DUT) Steve Biko Campus, Durban South Africa Bachelor of Technology Industrial Engineering (2015-2016) Durban University of Technology (DUT) Steve Biko Campus, Durban South Africa National Diploma Industrial Engineering (2012-2015) PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
• August 2015: Lean manufacturing principles at Powerstar
• April 2016: Introduction to ISO 9001 and quality management systems ACHIEVEMENTS
• Best rated in S3 Manufacturing Relations 3 Business Plan project.
• Formula One in School Best design and fastest car in S4 Work Study 3 project.
• Issue process sheets and work instructions for 2628 Model at all work stations in our assembly plant (P1).
• Design Station 0 new layout which improved the process flow.
• Cost savings (the company managed to save more than 63% of the money spending on local fasteners). PERSONAL INFORMATION
Nationality: Burundian ~ Date of Birth: 23 April 1986 ~ Marital Status: Single Languages: Fluent in English, French, Swahili, Kirundi, intermediate Zulu ~ Driving License: South Africa Code C1 Hobbies and Interests: Table Tennis, Football, Swimming