Status: Permanent resident
● Economist (Ph.D) with +2 years’ of experience in econometric modelling and data analytics.
● Passionate about solving practical issues with
● Seeking to use my background in quantitative
research, and coding skills to take on challenges and discover insights in data.
Jun 2017 -
Jan 2017 -
Institute of Agricultural Economics and Development, (National research institute) Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Beijing, China Research Associate, econometric & statistical modelling on diverse topics
● Implement econometric models on diverse topics (using R, Python, and Matlab/Octave)
● Produced 5 academic papers (2 published, 3 accepted and forthcoming) in well-rated journals in China
CIB (Industrial Bank Co., Ltd) Research, (Largest commercial bank in China) Data and Quantitative Analysis Department, Shanghai, China Intern Data Scientist,
Project 1: Decompose China Bond Yield Spread (2.4 m historical data entries )
● Assisted data scientist with data warehousing on Oracle 10g, PL/SQL programming and query optimization
● Automated a task to update, clean and transform data into specific excel structures; The original task took 3.5 hours for an analyst to complete; It now runs in 20 minutes by using Python.
Project 2: Text mining on China Monetary Policy Report
● I implemented a method to capture subtle wording changes in reports; I put the results into summary statistics and graphics. I automated this task which saved analysts’ work in reading through the reports from 1 day to a couple of hours.
Oct 2010 -
Oct 2008 -
Paris School of Economics, Paris, France (3 years) Universität Bielefeld, Bielefeld, Germany (2 years) Ph.D., Economics, Magna cum laude, Erasmus Exchange Program - EDEEM
● 1 publication on economic theory on IZA (Institute of Labor Economics)
● several conference papers on economic theory, among them Journal of Public Economics Theory, Journées Louis-André Gérard-Varet, etc. Université Paris 1, Panthéon-Sorbonne (2nd year)
Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain (1st year) M.Sc., Empirical & Theoretical Economics, High Honors, Erasmus - QEM Sep 2007 -
Sep 2006 -
Sep 2001 -
Université Paris 1 (1-year program)
M.Sc., Applied Mathematics in Economics and Finance NEOMA Business School (1-year program), Rouen, France M.Sc., Management
Fujian Normal University, Fujian, China
Bachelor in Engineering
Oct 2010 -
Jun 2016 -
Apr 2016 -
Teaching Assistant (In French), Univ. Paris 1
● Taught Econometrics. For two consecutive years, my classes ranked top 2 in terms of the number of high scores.
Coursera Community Course Mentor in MySQL
● Among the 10% most active mentors in answering questions, motivated and guided the students to find the answers by themselves. Member of Enactus Bielefeld, Produce audio stories of socially marginalized people
● followed their daily lives, interviewed psychology experts to understand their situations, produced a series of 3 audio stories. Language and IT Skills
● Languages - English (Fluent), French (Fluent), German (Intermediate), Mandarin
Extensive use of R and Python for data cleaning and econometric model estimation. Occasional use of Octave/Matlab for econometric model estimation.
■ Programming Foundations Certificate (finished, with Python)
■ Data Analyst (on progress)