Rahul Reza Chowdhury
*** * ***** ****, ****, MI 48085
Phone: 248-***-**** Web: www.linkedin.com/in/rahul-reza-chowdhury E-mail: email@example.com Summary
Versatile, accomplished Mechanical/Structural Engineer with extensive experience in material and thermal science. Demonstrated experience and strong leadership skills in project management and engineering analysis. Highly organized with the ability to manage entire projects from inception to completion. Well reputed for finding creative solutions to complex problems. Strong expertise in metallography and metallurgical microstructure, experimental design, method development, characterization of material properties.
Project Lead March 2015 to present
Carbon Technology and Research Centre (CTRC), Federation University Australia.
• Manage and execute multiple projects involving a group of 7 people
• Coordinate weekly meeting to monitor project progress.
• Identify corrosion on gas contactor in PCC (Post Combustion Capture of CO2) plant and analyse failure of metals by materials synthesis and microscopy.
• Develop failure theory of metal on environmental (thermal and structural) effect based on metal microstructure using SEM
(Scanning Electron Microscopy), EDS (Energy Dispersive X-ray Spectroscopy) and XRD (X-ray diffraction).
• Synthesize “Victorian brown coal fly ash” and analyse the heterogeneous interaction between ash and monoethanolamine solvent used for PCC, by quantitative determination of organic compounds and by metal detection.
• Develop methods and experimental design to simulate PCC conditions. Engineering Consultant August 2014 to February 2015 Chemical Engineering Department, School of Physical Science and Engineering, James Cook University, Queensland, Australia.
• Develop process methodology using CFD simulation software ANSYS to identify performance problems of rotary dryer.
• Optimize drying process of CSR Invicta Mill.
Research Officer August 2010 to August 2014
Centre for Energy Technology (CET), The University of Adelaide.
• Develop fluid flow systems by conducting analysis and experimentations for two phase flow study using MATLAB.
• Perform experiment on a fluid flow system.
• Perform CFD simulation using ANSYS to co-relate experimental data. Product Engineer December 2005 to April 2009
Impack Engineering, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
• Design and analyze Transformer components using Solidworks, AutoCAD.
• Perform computer simulation to verify structural stability of the product using Hypermesh and Abaqus.
• Perform computer simulation to verify cooling system using ANSYS.
• Lead DFMEA program of all product.
Research Assistant October 2004 to September 2005
Institute of Energy Research IEF, Jülich Research Centre, Germany
• Develop comparison investigation between standard electrolyte and sol-gel derived electrolyte for Solid Oxide Fuel Cell
(SOFC) application by Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM)
• Develop low-cost components for solid oxide fuel cell application by using sol-gel technique.
• Propose correlation of gelation effect in the sols for SOFC electrolytes based on rheology Resume of Rahul Reza Chowdhury Page 2 of 2
Centre for Materials Science and Nanotechnology, University of Oslo, Norway February 2004 to July 2004
• Develop bi layer phosphate materials for fuel cell applications.
• Investigate thermal compatibility of components and materials for fuel cells with high temperature proton conducting electrolytes using SEM.
Daimler Chrysler AG, Stuttgart Germany July 2002 to September 2002
• Develop model for cooling system using ANSYS, SIMULINK for fuel cell application. Engineering Officer August 2000 to February 2002
Eskayef Bangladesh Ltd, Dhaka, Bangladesh
• Analyze equipment failures, identify problems and provide necessary engineering solutions. Education
Federation University Australia PhD, Applied & Biomedical Sciences (Expected October 2018) Aachen University of Applied Sciences, Germany MS, Energy Systems 2005 Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology BS, Mechanical Engineering 2000 Key Skills
• Materials Synthesis and Microscopy: Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM), Energy Dispersive X-ray Spectroscopy) and X-ray diffraction (XRD).
• Quantitative determination of organic compounds and other different analytes: Ultraviolet-visible spectroscopy and Fourier-transform infrared spectroscopy (FT-IR).
• Metals and Non-metals detection: Inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry.
• Rheology and Thermal Expansion of Materials: Rotation Viscosimeter and Dilatometer.
• Particle Characterization: Malvern Mastersizer 2000, Frisch Analysette, Sieving method and other laser diagnostics methods.
• Software & Programming: AutoCAD, Matlab, Solidworks, HyperMesh, Abaqus, ANSYS. Professional Training
2014 Training course in “An Introduction to Sample Preparation Techniques and Methodology for Materials Science Microscopy” in Adelaide Microscopy, University of Adelaide, Australia. 2005 Training on wet chemistry and chemical analysis in Chemistry Laboratory at Jülich Research Centre, Germany. 2004 Training on wet chemistry and chemical analysis in Chemistry Laboratory at Centre for Materials Science and Nanotechnology, University of Oslo, Norway.
Hansch, Ralf, Mohammad Rahul Reza Chowdhury, and Norbert H. Menzler. "Screen printing of sol–gel-derived electrolytes for solid oxide fuel cell (SOFC) application." Ceramics International 35.2 (2009): 803-811 Residency Status
US Permanent Resident
Available Upon Request