Senior Business Analyst
I am a Senior Business Systems Analyst with more than 8 years of experience in domains such as Healthcare, Insurance, E-commerce, Retail and Procurement Management. Proficient in Business Process Engineering and SDLC Software Development Life Cycle methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile (scrum) including analysis, design, and development and testing of software.
• Extensive hands-on experience in eliciting, defining, documenting, business, functional, non-functional requirements, decomposing high-level information into details and in critically evaluating information gathered from multiple sources.
• Strong ability to bridge gap between Business and Technology by working with the project Delivery Teams, Business Stakeholders, End Users, IT Architect and Developers to document the product’s Vision, Scope, Business System Requirements and Technical Specifications.
• Skilled in performing requirement gathering sessions, feasibility studies, Gap Analysis, Impact Analysis, SWOT Analysis, ROI Analysis and organizing the software requirements in a structured way.
• Performing Business Process Analysis, Business Process Re-Engineering - In Depth understanding of the AS-IS and TO-BE business processes and experience in converting these requirements into technical specifications for preparing test plans.
• Experience in conducting/participating JAD sessions for requirements gathering and involving requirements analysis.
• Experience in creating User Stories (Functional Stories, Logic User Stories, Service User Stories) from Product Backlog and facilitated Sprint Planning meetings and prepared Sprint Backlog.
• Prepared graphical depictions of project processes using Activity diagrams, Sequence diagrams, and Use Case diagrams including the business workflows using MS Visio.
• Expertise in creating wireframes and worked closely with architects UX team in creating UI screen mockups.
• Experience with Data modeling, Data visualization, Data Mapping and generating Data reports.
• Organized daily SCRUM meetings and distributed daily tasks to address issues raised in these meetings.
• Proficient in using Bug tracking and Test management tools like ALM/Quality Center, JIRA and Test Director.
• Solid proficiency in Integration Testing, Regression Testing, System Testing, developing Business Based Functional Test Scenarios, User Interface, Business Requirement Analysis, System Specification Analysis, Testing Methodology and Test Plan Formulation.
• Experienced with client/server and web based applications.
• Adept knowledge in RDBMS such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, and MS Access and also SQL queries and Stored Procedures.
• Experience in working with Data Warehouse and ETL.
• Served as the Liaison between IT and the business in understanding key business processes, business data, and requirements, as well as analyze processes for technology service solutions.
• Excellent Interpersonal Skills, Effective Writing & Oral Communication and Presentation skills to communicate effectively among stakeholders (user/client, vendor, executives, and other departments within and out of the organization), and ability to adapt effectively to challenging situations in a fast-paced team environment, and flexible to perform off-hours and weekend work and provide emergency on-call support.
Software Methodologies Agile (Scrum), Waterfall.
Project Methodology Unified Modelling Language.
Content Management SharePoint.
Prototyping Tools Balsamiq, Pencil.
Business Modelling MS-Visio, Smart Draw.
Business Intelligence SSRS (SQL Server Reporting services), Tableau.
Project Management Tools/ Bug Tracking Tools JIRA, Rally, HP QC, MS Project, Team Foundation Server (TFS).
Database Management MS – Access, SQL Server2008/12/14, SQL.
Document Creation/Management MS Office suite, MS Dynamic CRM 2011/2013,
MS Visio, MS Office Sites (Excel, Word, Publisher, Outlook, PowerPoint, One Note).
Operating Systems Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS.
Client: Molina Healthcare Inc., Wilmington, CA
Role: Senior Business Analyst
Duration: September2016– Present
Molina Healthcare is one of the leaders in providing quality healthcare for financially vulnerable individuals and families. Currently, Molina Healthcare offers health information management solutions for nearly 4.3 million individuals and families who receive their care through Medicaid, Medicare and other government funded programs in 16 states. The focus of the project was the replacement of old Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS). It included implementation of new MMIS automation system.
• Coordinated with the stakeholders and project key personnel to gather functional and non-functional requirements during JAD sessions.
• Studied the existing business process and created AS-IS workflow to illustrate the existing system.
• Created Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams that include Functional and Non-Functional specifications.
• Responsible for Gap analysis in changing old MMIS and involved in testing new MMIS. Also, accountable for Medicaid Claims Resolution/Reimbursement for each state health plan using MMIS.
• Involved in walkthroughs and meetings with development team to discuss related issues.
• Documented the business requirements and Traceability Matrix for tracing the Test Cases with requirements.
• Responsible for full HIPAA compliance lifecycle from Gap analysis, mapping, implementation and testing for Medicaid Claims.
• Served as a liaison between the internal and external business community (Claims, Billing, Membership, Capitation, Customer service, membership management, provider management, advanced Healthcare management, provider agreement management) and the project team.
• Actively analyzed current business processes (Claims, Recipient eligibility and enrollment etc.) and worked with management to improve and implement enterprise solutions to ensure compliance.
• Responsible for creating business work flows and processes for creating management reports based on the analysis.
• Prepared UAT Test Plan for various Test Scenarios and assisted in User Acceptance Testing.
Client: Frankenmuth Insurance, Frankenmuth, MI.
Role: Senior Business Analyst
Duration: March2014– August2016
Frankenmuth Insurance provides insurance products to customers. This project is a web-based application enabling actions like registering new policy holders on the internet directly and incorporating complete details of the customer and their vehicles. It also helps validate all these service operations at the end.
• Worked closely with SMEs, and identified, analyzed the core Business requirements of the ongoing project.
• Facilitated interviews, Business Meetings and workshops with users to gather requirements.
• Extracted, discussed, and refined business requirements from business users and created Business Requirement Document’s (BRD’s)
• Organized Knowledge transfer meetings with the Delivery lead and the Project Manager to understand current state and scope of the Ongoing Project.
• Converted Business Requirements Documents into Functional Specifications Documents (FSD) and Software Requirement Document (SRD) and maintained Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM).
• Successfully used waterfall Analysis Model for gathering requirements.
• Conducted JAD sessions to allow different stakeholders to communicate their perspectives, resolve issues, and reach agreements.
• Responsible for driving business requirements definition and scope as it relates to the definition of deliverables with in the Business Intelligence environment.
• Gathered Data requirements for delivering reports, dashboards and ad-hoc capabilities using COGNOS.
• Developed Requirements Traceability Matrix for maintaining system requirements using MS Excel
• Interacted with Product and Assisted the Testing team in creating Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Cases and collect Test Data for successful completion of Integration Testing and Functional Testing and Design teams for change requests and problem report documentation
• Performed Knowledge Transfer of the elicited requirements to the DB Architect for Database Design
• Assisted the Database team in Data Migration, from MS Excel to SQL Server Reporting Service, using SQL Loader for the future system
• Retrieved data from database for Data Validation and Data Integrity tests using SQL queries
Client: Sun Products Corporation, India.
Role: Business Analyst
Duration: June2012– February2014
The Payless Supply Chain project scope includes the entire supply chain and retail from Inventory management to shipping & delivery and order management. Inventory management and supply chain groups are working together to address critical dependencies between processes like demand, supply, tooling and warehousing. Activities include assessing business readiness for IAM services, facilitate requirements gathering and prioritizing applications for IAM services. It has been implemented for maintaining the Demand, Production, supply, Shipping Logistics and purchase order processes.
• Acted as a liaison between Technology and Business for clear and better communication.
• Worked with Program Management, Project Managers and Stakeholders on timeline, budget, resources and solution planning for RFP's.
• Elicitation techniques like interviewing, questionnaires, brainstorming, focus groups, prototyping and facilitating JAD sessions.
• Documented various workflow diagrams like AS-IS and TO-BE processes
• Experience in conducting GAP analysis, SWOT analysis, Cost benefit analysis, ROI analysis.
• Gathered Business Requirements and documented Business Requirements Document (BRD) by working with the client IT staff, project managers.
• Designed wire frames and design specification documents.
• Translated Business requirements to functional (FRD) and technical language with the help of use cases and UML diagrams for developers.
• Assisted the project manager in managing changes to the project scope.
• Clarified client requirements, business needs and project objectives, via feedback sessions and client meetings, in collaboration with all stakeholders.
• Used ERP business user information to create prototype business models and related business objects for accounts payable and fixed asset processes which strongly supported ERP configuration using business process modeling tool.
• Defining Test Cases, analyzing bugs, interaction with team members in fixing errors and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
• Clarified QA team issues and reviewed test plans and test scripts developed by QA team to make sure that all requirements will be covered in scripts and tested properly.
• Created the Traceability Matrix to map the functional requirements with test scripts, wireframes and High Level Design (HLD).
• Participated in the bug review meetings, updated requirements document as per business user feedback and change in functionality of the application.
• Assisted with user testing of systems, developing and maintaining quality procedures, and ensuring that appropriate documentation was in place.
• Trained Users by documenting and giving presentations regarding the changes and new functionalities.
Client: Flipkart, India.
Role: Jr. Business Analyst
Duration: May2011- May2012
Flipkart, is one of the most popular e-commerce websites out there and has diversified into various segments over the years. The main objective of the project was to create Knowledge Base for the current ecommerce tools and their backend processes. The project also involved working on small changes on the ecommerce website, training process and implementation of new tools (PIM), payment system upgrade, migration form cheetah mail to Epsilon, implementing PCI standards.
• Acted as the liaison between the Business users and the Technical development teams, by effectively translating the business needs into specific software requirements.
• Documented and analyzed the information gathered from the various teams and recommended solution approaches.
• Conducted and documented complex root cause analysis and communicated with senior management.
• Worked closely across multiple user groups during requirements definition and analysis of business and process flows and understanding the current (As-Is) and the future (To-Be) process maps.
• Created Templates for standardizing the Structure of Corporate Documents.
• Facilitated BRD reviews with the IT team and revised the BRD as needed based on scope, timelines and technical feasibility feedback.
• Created a Knowledge Base document for the current AS-IS process for the front end and back end systems including vendor escalation procedures.
• Tracked and maintain Stakeholder requested enhancements and changes by providing required post production support and created Process flow modelling and simulation using BPA tools.
• Ensured the enhancements and configurations are implemented in a timely manner and achieve quality standards.
• Prepared status reports, documented process flows, policies & procedures & developed training materials.
• Documented the user requirements, analyzed and prioritized them and converted them as system requirements.
• Worked with audit teams to ensure that processes followed were in line with PCI compliance
• Performed data analysis to come up with changes that have to be made to the databases to conform to the new PCI compliance standards.
Client: Larsen and Toubro (L&T), India
Role: Jr. Business Analyst
Duration: February 2010- April 2011
Larsen and Toubro (L&T) was a leading construction company in India. I was part of the procurement management team. The project was all about enhancing the schedule of the project with proper inventory management, so that the project can be completed on time and within budget. For this, the concept of Just in Time Management was used, to increase efficiency and decrease waste, by receiving material only when they are needed, which thereby reduced the inventory costs. In addition, business insurance coverage for transportation, inventory was also introduced.
• Conducted meetings with the stakeholders to elicit requirements.
• Facilitated Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions and created Procurement plan.
• Decisions were made on material management and based on this the vendors were selected.
• Created resource calendars and updated the project procurement plan according to the availability of resources.
• Involved in GAP Analysis with the project leads and other SME’s.
• Enhanced the schedule after the brainstorming sessions and documented the limitations.
• Change orders are created as the project progresses, and these changes are updated in the procurement documents.
• Created process flow diagrams in Rational Rose.
• Prepared Scheduling and Estimation reports using MS Project, MS Word, MS Access.
• Created models such as Activity Diagrams and Flow Diagrams for the process using Rational Rose.
• Responsible for providing analytical support in the Design, Development and Implementation of project.
• Prepared a detailed summary of the work done on that particular day and checked whether all the resources are available for next day’s work.
• Created a product Roadmap for the various stages throughout the project lifecycle.
• Maintained benchmark controls for different activities in the project, company standards and contracts, performed vendor sourcing and contract negotiation, performed procurement, ensured compliance with service interest contracts.