Melanie Adine Barnhart
***** **** *** **, **, NV 89178.
Dependable, conscientious and driven individual who can work well under indirect or direct supervision in a fast
paced environment. Always maintaining a professional demeanor and creating a team oriented environment.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
● Continuous advancement throughout career due to work ethic and decision making.
● Excellent communication skills with mentoring and rapport building capabilities
● 8+ years’ experience in Food & Beverage in an Executive Assistant role to VP's and Executive Directors.
● 5 years’ experience in Casino Marketing
● 5+ years’ experience in Special Event Sales
● Proficient with industry software including Microsoft Office 365, Daylight, Opera, Kronos, Multi-line Phones, Expense Reporting Applications, Avero, Infogenesis, Social Media Marketing, Stratton Warren, Timeworks, Maximo, ERM, Oracle
Flamingo Las Vegas/The LINQ, Las Vegas, Nevada 2015 - Present Executive Assistant to VP of Hotel Operations & VP of Food & Beverage
● Calendar Management
● Stratton Warren – warehouse ordering and approvals
● ALL F&B New Manager Set Up
o Input all F&B capital expense requests, contract requests, etc o Approve and Reconcile Invoices
● Credit Card monthly reconciliation -Wells Fargo
● Travel reservations, itineraries - Carlson Wagonlit
● Open Table
● Maximo - departmental work orders
● EXPEDIA – guest follow-up
● Departmental Memo’s /SOP's– Hotel/F&B
● Staff Meetings – Meeting notes – HOTEL & F&B
● Other Miscellaneous tasks assigned by VP's & Directors Culinary Arts Catering/The Smith Center/Springs Preserve April 2013- Dec 2013 F&B Operations Manager
● Oversee all food and beverage operations.
● Set and maintain liquor pars, all product ordering.
● Understanding P&L's to ensure operating expenses and labor are manipulated based on business levels to keep all costs to a minimum to maximize profit levels and meet set revenue expectations.
● Manage all Bartenders, Barbacks and Servers with a staff of over 40ppl.
● All staff scheduling & payroll.
Culinary Arts Catering Sep 2012- April 2013
Catering Sales Coordinator
● Assists Catering Manager with booking special events, i.e.; Weddings & Meetings, at the Springs Preserve.
● Create proposals for potential clients
● Respond and follow-up on all event inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
● Process all payments made for events, update payment spreadsheets.
● Create financial spreadsheets to track MTD/YTD and Quarterly projected and actual sales/revenue.
New York-New York Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas, NV 2008-2012 Executive Assistant to Vice President of Food & Beverage/Executive Director of F&B/Director of F&B
● Personally assists the Vice President of F&B and/or Executive Directors/Director and Management on a daily basis.
● Arrange travel for Executives to include; air, hotel, transportation.
● Daily payroll for entire Food & Beverage staff.
● Answer multiple phone lines in a courteous manner for Vice President and Director of F&B.
● Schedule Executives daily meetings and Food & Beverage departmental meetings
● Meet and greet vendors in a professional manner on a daily basis
● Update weekly/monthly/YTD sales & labor reports for Food & Beverage Division.
● Review and complete monthly Citione Card expense reporting for Food & Beverage Department.
● Record meeting minutes from staff meetings
● Obtain Health Permits from SNHD for any special events being held by F&B division
● Prepare all Standard Operating Procedure Memos and all department Memos
● Assist Beverage Managers and Sales Manager on daily basis with job duties up to and including acting Beverage Manager
New York-New York Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas, NV 2006-2008 Supervisor, VIP Casino Marketing
● Personally assists Executive Directors, Finance Department, and Upper management on a daily basis
● In charge of auditing procedures
● Successful implementation of Opera and VIPR within Casino Marketing Department
● Excellent Knowledge of Opera, VIPR and Players Club
● Special projects as assigned by management
● Implementation of Casino Services - comp evaluations, adjustments, and setting up 2 phone lines dedicated in assisting the Front Desk Requests EDUCATION/DEVELOPMENT:
Diversity Training Class - completed 2011
Anti-Harassment Class - completed 7/2009
VIPR train the trainer classes-completed 10/2007
Opera Super-user Training- completed 8/2007
Mount Pleasant High School, College Prep courses- Graduated in 1991 REFERENCES
Available upon request