Robert N. Doyer
● Over 15 years professional experience in complex field work including materials testing, inspecting, enforcing plan and specification compliance for all phases of highway and bridge construction projects.
● Proficient in using and adjusting precision surveying instruments including total stations, GPS equipment, and data collectors.
● Highly skilled at performing and reading surveys including topographic, stakeout testpits for utilities
(water and sewer), construction surveying.
● Major Connecticut Department of Transportation (CDOT) projects include:
● Interstate 691 improvement
● Interstate 91 NB & SB improvement
● Amtrak High Speed Railway Project (New Haven, CT to Springfield, MA)
● Route 2 improvements
● Interstate Bridges
State of Connecticut Dept. of Transportation,
District 1 Office of Construction, Rocky Hill, CT 2007-present Transportation Engineering Technician
● Performed nuclear density testing to in place, paved asphalt on state highways to assure within state contract specifications;
● Assure compliance with construction projects such as earthwork operations, placing of base materials, paving with asphalt/concrete materials, materials control at asphalt/concrete batch plants;
● Performs field or laboratory physical tests of highway construction and other materials;
● Assists with research or investigation work on road/bridge materials;
● Calculates traverses or earthwork quantities; uses engineering and computer-oriented processes to compile data for the design, construction, alteration, maintenance, and operation of a wide variety of transportation engineering projects; and analyzes engineering data. Surveys & Plans
● Performs duties of rodman, instrument (gun) man, and party chief, when necessary, including preparation of designs, plans, estimates, reports, and specifications for all types of highway and bridge projects;
● Prepares working plans and detailed drawings; plots boundary lines and calculates land areas; may act as a lead person in surveying, materials testing, or in other work; and prepares reports and correspondence. Use and adjust precision surveying instruments; methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in highway and bridge construction;
● Use conventional and state-of-the-art computer applications to transportation engineering work.
● Communicate effectively with team and make accurate engineering calculations; inspect construction work and enforce compliance with plans and specifications; analyze situations accurately and take effective action; prepare reports.
Tilcon CT Inc., New Britain, CT 2002-2007
Quality Control Technician
● Assured trap rock crushing operation from quarry adheres to ASTM standards by performing sieve analysis on natural sand, stone sand and trap rock.
● Performed QC/QA to Superpave HMA product for state roads. Worked with state inspectors to guarantee products from plant was within state contract specifications.
● Made necessary adjustments to batch/drum asphalt plants to adhere to production specifications. Performed nuclear density testing to in place, paved asphalt on state highways to assure within state contract specifications;
● Created mix designs for HMA Superpave and submit test results to state lab for approval for season production;
● Assured compliance with construction projects such as earthwork operations, placing of base materials, paving with asphalt/concrete materials, materials control at asphalt/ concrete batch plants;
● Performed field or laboratory physical tests of highway construction and other materials;
● Assisted with research or investigation work on road/bridge materials; analyzes engineering data;
● Used methods of proportioning and handling portland cement concrete and bituminous surfacing materials and the handling of asphaltic oils and emulsions;
● Used physical characteristics and properties of highway and bridge construction materials and the approved methods and equipment used in making physical tests of construction materials; highway grading, construction, and maintenance;
● Used conventional and state-of-the-art computer applications to transportation engineering work. EDUCATION, TRAINING & CERTIFICATIONS
Northeast Transportation Technician Certification Program, Marshfield, MA
● Northeast Transportation Technician Certification Program (NETTCP) Plant Certified Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA)
● Northeast Transportation Technician Certification Program (NETTCP) Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) Paving Inspector Certified (2004-2014)
American Concrete Institute, Farmington Hills, MI
● American Concrete Institute (ACI) Certified Concrete (2008-2013) State of Connecticut DOT, Newington, CT
● State of CT Nuclear Density Safety Certification (2007-present) Northwestern CT Community College, Winsted, CT
● Began coursework for AS degree.