Margaret Canfield Jacksonville, FL ***** firstname.lastname@example.org
IT professional with 28 years of experience as a mainframe computer Programmer Analyst. Extensive experience with analysis, coding, testing and problem solving in an IBM Mainframe environment. Strengths include the ability to effectively communicate and build strong relationships with customers and team members. Self-starter with strengths in following projects through to completion. Display excellent problem-solving skills and analysis.
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Celerity IT LLC - Camp Hill, PA - April 2015 to April 2017
The position is to maintain and enhance the Medicare Part A claims processing system, FISS. The project responsibilities include technical design, coding, unit testing, installation, documentation and resolution of defects and/or PROBLEMS. The role involves performing system maintenance in a rigorous, high-maturity environment. Primary Duties
• Gain understanding of user requirements and high level design
• Create detailed technical design deliverables
• Construct coding changes to modules and JCL
• Unit test modules
• Update run books
• Update technical specifications
• Create work product review packets and obtain sign-off
• Fix defects
• Perform implementation activities
• Fix PROBLEMS • Provide weekly individual status report to communicate progress versus schedule, successes, and needs
• Effectively communicate, written and verbal, at a level appropriate for client and other project stakeholder interaction.
• Work within a team environment
Technical Analyst II
Diversified Service Options - Jacksonville, FL - October 2003 to April 2015
Jacksonville, Florida CURRENT
• Responsible for on call production support for 17 states. Assisted with the implementation and roll over of a new company.
• Provide programming support to Medicare Part A and B staff (FCSO and Novitas), as well as create DERS (Data Extracts) and offer technical support. Includes COBOL coding, running JCL, turnovers to ENDEVOR, scheduling and running data extracts on the data warehouse (SAS) EG.
• Support the Medicare Part A customers for any requests that are outside the Florida Data Center. Have working knowledge of Part A's files and copybook layouts.
Incepture - Jacksonville, FL - 2004 to 2005
Jacksonville, Florida 2004-2005 (contract agency to FCSO/BCBSFL)
• Worked on DERS/Work Requests for (Florida and Connecticut) in the SAS(Enterprise Guide) environment. Creating SQL queries to create data extracts for the customer.
• Responsible for DERS/Work Requests for Medicare PART A (Florida) and Medicare PART B (Florida and
Connecticut). Includes COBOL coding, running JCL and turnover to ENDEVOR and scheduling.
• Implemented MEDATRAN to the Medicare Part A System. Responsible for the creation of the JCL, PROCS, the installing of project to ENDEVOR, IOAD (scheduler for test), IOA (scheduler for production) and support (on-call) for the running of the jobs (test and production).
Technical Analyst II
Verizon Information Technologies Inc - Jacksonville, FL - 1995 to 2003 formerly GTE Data Services)
Metro Information Services
(contract agency to GTE Data Services)
• Performed duties as a technical team lead for multiple programmers to support the Medicare Part B Claims
System for fourteen sites which processed over 600,000 claims daily.
• Supported the MCS (Multiple Carrier System) transition. Involved in the claims processing for current and backdating of electronically transmitted claims (EMC) which consisted of running special jobs from Verizon to EDS (Electronic Data Service).
• Analyzed, designed, coded, tested, and implemented enhancements for a major healthcare insurance application.
• Part of a team that achieved CMM (Capability Maturity Model) Level III certification for the company's software development processes. Outcome was to consistently receive the same results from an implementation of new releases. Experienced in the creation of the Functional Design, Detail Design, Testing and Coding to achieve compliance with CMM (Capability Maturity Model) standards for software development.
• Interacted with customers to ensure requirements were correct and verified testing procedures and results.
• Provided CICS support during the day and had on-call duties at night for the batch environment for a highly critical Claims Processing System.
• Acted as a Staff Support Coordinator responsible for supervising other Metro Staff Members working on site at Verizon, that included providing administrative and technical guidance. Was hired as full-time Programmer Analyst from this contract position.
Western Technical Services/Metro Dade County - Miami, FL - 1993 to 1994
Performed enhancements and maintained a Payroll Production System in a CICS environment.
• Analyzed, coded and tested production discrepancies.
Travelers Insurance Company - Hartford, CT - 1989 to 1993
Hartford, Connecticut 1989-1993
• Performed maintenance and support of Production and Test CICS environments. Responsibilities included being on-call for both.
• Performed discrepancy analysis, coding and testing, analysis of projects, requirements gathering and troubleshooting potential problems.
• In a production support role, performed duties as an IMS Coordinator for a pre-production IMS region, including complete implementation for all versions.
Associate of Science in Data Processing
Waterbury State Technical College - Waterbury, CT
Associate of Science in Accounting
Naugatuck Valley Community College - Waterbury, CT
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION Technical Skills
COBOL CICS/BMS/SDF JCL MS WORD/EXCEL COBOL II IMS/MFS ABENDAID LOTUS NOTES TSO/ISPF INFOMAN XPEDITOR MVS
VSAM ENDEVOR INTERTEST OS 370/390/ IBM 3090
FILE-AID CMM (Capability Maturity Model) NDM/FTP
MAX File Manager IBM DEBUG TOOL CAVIEW/CADELIVER SAS(Enterprise Guide) FAULT ANALYZER