email@example.com -- https://www.linkedin.com/in/josh-riley/-- 801-***-****
Exceptional QA Engineer, aspiring SDET with 5+ years of QA experience. Adept with testing web applications, mobile applications, and backend services. Experienced with a wide range of various testing strategies. Well-versed with Agile/Scrum SDLC.
Blue Coat Systems Draper, UT 2009 – 2014
TECHNICAL SUPPORT REP – MANUAL QA TESTER
Needle Bluffdale, UT 2014 – 2015
SOFTWARE QA ENGINEER
Content Watch Midvale, UT 2015 – 2018
SOFTWARE QA ENGINEER – SCRUM MASTER
● Consistently led QA team in number of bugs reported and tasks/fixes verified.
● Regularly asked by superiors to handle more difficult bug investigations.
● Applied my Agile/Scrum experience to help transition development team from Waterfall to Agile/Scrum SDLC.
● Asked by senior management to take on the role of Scrum Master with the specific goal of reducing scrum overhead caused by:
Challenges of leveraging a complex legacy framework to build a new, robust, mobile solution.
Legacy code needs refactor.
An under-groomed backlog.
General absence of scrum/agile experience (most devs were 10+ year veterans of the company who had never worked in Agile/Scrum environment).
Difficulty in breaking habits of Waterfall SDLC.
● Within 6 weeks, I succeeded in reducing Scrum overhead from a 38% average to a 20% average. I maintained this average throughout my stent as Scrum Master.
● Given special assignment to work closely with development team and thoroughly test REST APIs as they were being created so I could then provide training to other QA engineers after its completion.
● Requested to be point of contact for 3rd party companies involved with developing new flagship product for all QA related matters.
Windows (Vista - 10)
OSX (10.6 – 10.13)
Android (6.0 – 8.1)
iOS (9.3 – 10.3)
REST API (Node.js)
Mobile Device Management (iOS)