Senior Devops/Cloud AWS Engineer
Around 9 Years of IT Industryas DevOps Engineer/AWS Cloud Engineer, Build &Release Engineer and system administrator and very good experience with Configuration Management tools, Build, Deploy, Release Management, and other tools.
Experience with hands on experience in Build Release management, shell scripting, Unix System administration, Linux Administration.
Designed and implemented Software configuration management (SCM) and change management (CM) solution using Ansible, Jira, Redmine and Jenkins. Clear Quest (Change Control tool).
Experience onJenkins/ Hudson, Subversion(SVN), Git, Github, Bitbucket, Gitlab, VSS, Clear Case, Eclipse, Perl, Red Hat(RHEL), Shell script, Unix, Linux, Windows Server
Expertise on object oriented programming languages Java, Python.
AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, S3, VPC, EBS, dynamo DB(DDB), Aws Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk, AMI, SNS, RDS, Cloud Watch, Route53, SQS, Cloud Front(CDN), Auto scaling, Security Groups, and Cloud Formation.
Experience in installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, Nagios and security software’s in Linux.
Expertise in Configuration Management Tools Chef, Ansible and Puppet.
Designed and developed integration methodologies between client web portals and software infrastructure using python.
Expertise in Docker using swarm and mesos frame work along with marathon orchestrate
Expertise in terraform for building, changing and versioning infrastructure.
Involved in the functional usage and deployment of applications in Web Logic and Apache Tomcat Server.
Experience in managing the artifacts using Nexus repository and Virtual Machines using VMware, AWS.
Exposure in managing and setting up Continuous Integration using tools like Jenkins, Docker, Nexus & artifactory.
Strong knowledge on source controller concepts like Branches, Merges and Tags.
Ability in development and execution of XML, Shell Scripts and Perl Scripts.
Used terraform in managing resource scheduling, disposable environments and multitier applications.
Good experience in building the applications using ANT&MAVEN.
Exposed to all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing and Implementing and Post-production analysis of the projects.
Performed Server health monitoring and system tuning as per vendor recommendations.
Built and maintained ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana stack to centrally collect logs that are used to monitor applications.
Quick analyzing and identifying ability of operational issues including good understanding of backups, deployment and load balancing techniques.
Expertise in troubleshooting the problems generated while building, deploying and in Production support. Experience with MySQL and PostgreSQL Tasks and taking backups time to time. Hands on experience in Monitoring tool like Nagios, splunk and task scheduling tools like CronJob.
Bug Tracking Tools
Apache, Apache Tomcat, nginx, Web logic
SCM/Version Control Tools
GIT, GitHub, Bitbucket
Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm, mesos
Continuous Integration Tools
Continuous Deployment tools
Puppet, Ansible and Chef.
Node Js, php & terraform
Amazon WebServices(AWS), EC2, RDS, S3,
ROUTE53, SNS, SQS, Cloud front, Cloud formation, EBS,
ELB, Cloud watch, Elastic beanstalk and Cloud trail.
Nagios, splunk, sonarqube, ELK stack
Shell scripting, perl, and Python
Unix,Linux (Ubuntu,Debian,Red Hat(RHEL),Centos) andWindows.
RDBMS Oracle, mysql, prostgresql, mongoDB
Client: Rackspace Inc., San Antonio, November 2016 – Present
Role: AWS/DevOps Engineer
• Managed Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 using Open-Source Ansible Server.
• Working for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Ansible for Cloud Automation.
• Collaborated with Development and Support teams to setup a CD (Continuous Delivery) environment with the use of Docker, continuous build and delivery tools.
• Developed automation framework for Application Deployments to the cloud environments.
• Designed & deployed AWS solutions with E2C, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, auto scaling & Opsworks; deployed cloud stack using AWS OpWorks.
• Optimized volumes and EC2 instances and created multi AZ VPC instances.
• Configured S3 to host static web content, Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling group.
• Participate in planning and design Docker system.
• Debug and resolve Pre-Post OpenStack deployment failures.
• Created playbooks for OpenStack deployments and bug fixes with Ansible
• Configured and monitored distributed and multi-platform servers using Ansible.
• Worked on Ansible playbooks to deploy new software and plugins as well as manage deployments to the production Jenkins server.
• Worked on User admin setup, maintaining account, monitor system performance using Nagios & Tivoli.
• Worked on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
• Implemented Ansible playbooks for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers.
• Installed, Administered and Maintained several instances of Jenkins. Mastered supporting various development teams and running more builds a day with downstream jobs to perform the deployments onto SIT & QA environments.
• Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT.
• Develop Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage.
• Built and deployed J2EE application in Jboss using python scripts.
• Worked on Administration, maintenance and support of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) servers.
• Continuously updating documentation for internal knowledge base of support team and IT team.
• Provided production 24x7 supports.
• Created analytical matrices reports, dash boards for release services based on JIRA tickets, reach continuous delivery and built clouds with AWS.
Environment: Red Hat, Ansible, AWS, OpenStack (Icehouse/Havana), Jenkins, Maven, Ant, GIT, Docker, Apache, Nagios, MySQL, Python, Jboss.
Client: NRG Energy, Houston, TX. August 2015 – October 2016
Role: AWS/Dev Ops Engineer
• Planning, deploying, monitoring, and maintaining Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure consisting of multiple EC2 nodes and VMWare Vm's as required in the environment.
• Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS CloudFormation.
• Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC.
• Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
• Used MySQL, DynamoDB and Elasticache to perform basic database administration. Build out server automation with Continuous Integration - Continuous Deployment tools like Jenkins/Maven for deployment and build management system.
• Automated application deployment in the cloud using Docker technology using Elastic Container Service (ECS) schedule
• Installed and configured configuration tool such as ChefServer/ workstation and nodes via CLI tools to AWS nodes.
• Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2, auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
• Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
• Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
• Implemented automated local user provisioning instances created in AWS cloud.
• Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
• Maintained the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
• Defined branching, labeling, and merge strategies for all applications in GIT.
• Built Continuous Integration environment Jenkins and Continuous delivery environment.
• Utilized Configuration Management Tool Chef & created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
• Build servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
• Deployed applications on AWS by using Elastic Beanstalk.
• Working with Elastic Beanstalk for quick deployment of services such as EC2 instances, Load balancer, and databases on the RDS on the AWS environment.
• Used AWS Elastic Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS
• Handle the details of capacity provisioning, load balancing, scaling, and application health monitoring using Elastic Beanstalk.
• Configured plugins for the integration tools to the version control tools.
• Manage source code, software builds, software versioning, and detect tracking on software maintenance tasks/projects.
• Used ANT and MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
• Manage AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef.
Environment: AWS, Chef, Elastic Beanstalk, Puppet, Jenkins, VDI, VPC, Route53, EBS, SQL, ELB, DynamoDB, Cloud watch, Cloud Formation, Docker, Jira, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, Unix/Linux, Python, Ruby, Shell scripting, GIT.
Client: Y Design group, Walnut Creek, CA August 2014 – July 2015
Role: DevOps Engineer/ Sr. Systems Administrator.
• Planning, deploying, monitoring, and maintaining Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure consisting of multiple EC2 nodes and VMWare Vm's as required in the environment.
• Used security groups, network ACLs, Internet Gateways, NAT instances and Route tables to ensure a secure zone for organizations in AWS public cloud.
• On boarded and migrated test and staging use cases for applications to AWS cloud with public and private IP ranges to increase development productivity by reducing test-run times.
• Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch.
• Implemented and maintained Chef Configuration management spanning several environments in VMware and the AWS cloud.
• Working on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, AutoScaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
• Creating S3 buckets also managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for Archival storage and backup on AWS.
• Creating public and private subnets within the VPC and attaching them to the EC2 instances based on the requirement.
• Designed AWS CloudFormation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
• Utilize AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMIs for mission critical production servers as backups.
• Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs, also configuration automation using Docker containers.
• Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end-product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
• Used Nagios as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes also worked on Nagios Event handlers in case of automatic restart of failed applications and services.
• Well Versed with Configuring Access for inbound and outbound traffic RDS DB services, DynamoDB tables, EBS volumes to set alarms for notifications or automated actions.
• Implemented a GIT mirror for SVN repository, which enables users to use both GIT and SVN.
• Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and GIT.
• Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
• Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
• Configure and ensure connection to RDS database running on MySQL engines.
• Responsible for Plugin Management, User Management, regular incremental backups and regular maintenance for recovery.
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail and Route 53), GIT, VPC, Route53, EBS, SQL, ELB, Cloud watch, CloudFormation, Docker, Jira, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, Unix/Linux, Shell scripting.
Client: Choice Plus Benefits, Dallas, TX. October 2012 – July 2014
Role: Linux Systems Administrator/ DevOps Engineer.
• Installed and configured hardware and OS on Servers, Workstations and I/O devices on Sun hardware.
• Monitoring, troubleshooting and administer of RHEL 5 & 6 servers and HP-UX.
• Configured LVM and managed it.
• Experience with kick start installation on multiple servers.
• Worked with KVM Hypervisor to install, configure and maintain Red Hat Linux Capacity Planning, Infrastructure design and ordering systems.
• Experience with Configuration Management Tools (PUPPET, Ansible).
• Created and scheduled Cron Jobs such as for Backup, System Monitoring and removed unnecessary files.
• Implemented day-to-day tasks in RedHat Linux that include upgrading rpms, kernel, HBA driver, configuring SAN Disks, multipathing and LVM file system
• Installed, configured, maintained and administered the network servers DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS, SENDMAIL.
• Worked with DBA's to install RDBMS database, restore and generate logs.
• Involved in adding new disks, formatting, partitioning, disk space allocation, monitoring system performance, system tuning, and crash recovery issues.
• Experience with installation and maintenance of NFS, FTP and Samba for file sharing.
• Built Linux servers using VMWare ESX and VMWare ESXi.
• Experience in creating Control channel, Shared Ethernet adapter and configuring them on the network.
• Set up repositories for RedHat, implemented YUM, SSH and other security tools.
• Application of Load Balancer in the Virtual Linux Server.
• Package management like Install, remove and update and querying packages using RPM tool.
• Used Samba to print and share files in mixed Environment.
• Experience with installation of Tomcat and Apache Web Servers on Red Hat Production Servers.
• Provided system support for 1000+ servers of SUSE Linux and Redhat Linux including routine maintenance, patching, and system backups and restores, and software and hardware upgrades.
• Installed and deployed WebLogic and WebSphere Application Servers (WAS).
• Experienced in Troubleshooting critical hardware and software issues and other day-to-day user trouble tickets.
• Monitored server and application performance & tuning via various stat commands (vmstat, nfsstat, iostat etc) and tuned I/O, memory, etc.
Environment: Subversion (SVN), Jenkins, MAVEN, PUPPET, TC Server, Tomcat, Shell/Perl Scripts, RedHat & SuSE Linux, Windows 7, Oracle, JIRA.
Client: CSC, Mumbai, India. July 2010 – September 2012
Role: Systems Administrator
• Responsible for installation, configuration and administration of Sun Solaris 9 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux on x86 architecture.
• Installed RHEL 4.0/5.0 using kickStart and custom building the servers.
• Implement, maintain and support reliable, timely and reproducible builds for project teams.
• Release Engineer for a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases
• Maintained source control (Branching Standard\ merging \ Labeling) in GIT
• Establish continuous build automation deployment via Jenkins
• Involved in backing up repository, creating folder and granting user access privileges
• Build scripts using ANT, NANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments
• Coordinate Environment Provisioning with various stakeholders
• Trouble shoot and identify the root causes in the environment management tools
• Implementing process to gather the metrics. Communicates with all stakeholders (customers, development teams, end users, etc.) to address system issues and outages
• Install and configure monitor tool Nagios.
• Deployed the applications on multiple Web logic Servers and maintained Load balancing, high availability and Failover functionalities
• Install and manage Tomcat, Apache Web servers
• Design, build, and releases of fully automated deployment solution
• Performed J2EE application deployment and administration including JAR, WAR, and EAR files
• Configured and deployed applications in various work environments like Development, System Test, QA and Production
• Provided support for teams in activities such as Load testing, troubleshooting
• Experience testing in Ruby on Rails. Also with RESTful Web Services.
• Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT, Python and shell. Modified build configuration files including Ant’s build.xml.
• Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects.
Environment: Ubuntu Trust 14.04, 14.10, 15.04, 15.10, CentOS 6/7, Fedora 22, Apache, Tomcat, Django Servers, SVN, Maven, JIRA, Perl, Ansible, Openstack, Chef, MySQL/PostgreSQL, KVM, Confluence.