DALLAS, TX 75248
During my years as an Executive Administrative Assistant, I have broad experience aiding a Congressman in Washington, DC; assisting physicians in promoting the highest quality of emergency patient care, teaching, leadership, research, and innovation; the Vice-President and over 45 engineers in a major Fortune 500 utility company; and a former Congressman who is now a world-renowned motivational speaker. I have excellent oral and written communication skills and am very skilled at extracting and digesting pertinent information. Possess extensive computer and Internet knowledge. Assisted previous employer in the downsizing and relocation of department to Columbus, Ohio. Recognized for responsive and timely customer service. Strong customer and people skills. TECHNICAL SKILLS
Word Excel PowerPoint
Publisher eGrants Shorthand/Speedwriting
PeopleSoft Adobe Acrobat Outlook
Access Sharepoint Internet Guru
UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS SOUTHWESTERN MEDICAL SCHOOL 2013 – 2018 Grants Specialist & Administrative Associate
• Served as Grants Specialist and Administrative Associate to numerous physicians in the department coordinating time, travel and expenses. Prepared grants and contracts which included budget preparation and all required documents.
• Expertise included managing pre-award contract management with an emphasis on prequalification and bid evaluation, request for quotations, short listing of bidders, negotiating, drafting and placement of contract award. Ensure all contractual issues of scope, cost and on time delivery and fulfillment of services from point of project inception to completion.
• Performed purchasing requirements for the department.
• Managed payment of invoices
• Provide professional support for special projects, which may include editorial and administrative support for manuscripts and abstracts for publication. AMERICAN COLLEGE OF EMERGENCY PHYSICIANS 2009 – 2012 Administrative Assistant – Policy Department
• Assistant to Assistant General Counsel in preparing contract documents for the College.
• Record minutes of conference calls involving Chapter Bylaws with physicians and staff liaison.
• Arrange travel plans for physicians attending various meetings across the country.
• Provide administrative/secretarial support for various departments/divisions such as answering telephones, maintaining e-list for each state chapter, and organizing files. From 2006 to 2009, I assisted my late husband in his law and CPA practice. EXECUTIVE DEVELOPMENT SYSTEMS 2003 - 2005
Class Coordinator & Executive Administrative Assistant
• Screen incoming calls through knowledge of the organizational culture, which resulted in proper dissemination of information.
• Organize and completed business correspondence and reports, resulting in improved time efficiency and streamlined operations.
• Exercise confidentiality and discretion of completion of projects, reports and studies.
• Perform administrative duties such as creating outgoing correspondence, travel arrangements, answering phones, etc.
• Arrange class activities for up to 90 people. Included hotel rooms, meals, supplies, special needs, etc.
Previous work experience includes U.S. House of Representatives, banking industry, actuary firm, legal office, oil and gas and radio/television. EDUCATION
Mass Communications, Associates Degree, Abilene Christian University, Abilene, TX PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
7 Habits of Highly Effective People