JEFFREY DICK 503-***-**** email@example.com linkedin.com/in/jeffreydick
MARKETING / SALES / PRODUCT MANAGEMENT EXECUTIVE
Sales, marketing, business development, and product management executive with expertise in electronic components and subsystems. Deliver consistent sales growth, developing compelling strategic plans in complex and highly regulated markets. Known for building deep customer relationships and for leading and coaching high-performing, cross-functional global teams. Strong collaborator and excellent communicator. Trusted advisor to Board-level executives. Activate Plan, Do, Check, Act to achieve operational plans.
Sales Management Strategy Development & Deployment Business Development Product Management Market Research & Analysis Lean Methodologies Marketing Communications Branding Strategic Pricing Government Relations Channel & Key Account Management Mergers & Acquisitions
BUSINESS CONSULTANT, PORTLAND, OR 2018 – Present
Provide strategic direction, business alliance, and sales positioning support for:
- DocuFi - Mobile-enabled cloud services for document imaging applications (www.docufi.com)
- HAIvia - SaaS tools targeting the reduction of hospital-acquired infections (www.haivia.com)
• Updated value proposition and go-to-market plans.
• Recommended terms and conditions for new alliance partner agreements.
• Assessed infection prevention market and proposed product development roadmap.
• Advising CEO during alliance discussions.
SMITHS INTERCONNECT, A DIVISION OF SMITHS GROUP PLC, PORTLAND, OR 2014 –2018 Headquartered in London, Smiths Group is a technology company operating in 50 countries with revenues of $4.2B and 23,000 employees. A division of Smiths Group with revenues of $540M, Smiths Interconnect makes electronic components, connectors, and subsystems for defense, aerospace, space, rail, medical, and semiconductor markets. VICE PRESIDENT MARKETING 2016 – 2018
Promoted from a staff role to a functional line leadership role for a global marketing team of 40 in business development, strategy development, product line management, pricing, and marketing communications.
• Drove new logo and program acquisition business development efforts that grew sales in 4 of 6 target markets including >30% in the Space market and >20% in the Medical market.
• Leveraged new strategic pricing organization to generate >$1.3M of incremental revenue in first 12 months.
• Revitalized product road mapping process and drove the first product launch in more than 2 years.
• Sponsored Kaizen events that cut quote request turnaround time by 50+% to <1 day and enabled most contract reviews to be completed in < 2 business days.
• Led first division-wide strategy development process identifying and receiving funding for critical investments in the medical, semiconductor and space markets that targeted $195M in revenue.
• Drove full rebranding of the company which included Connecting as One brand transition program.
• Acted as Executive sponsor for Semiconductor Key Accounts (Nvidia, Broadcom, Huawei, Qualcomm). JEFFREY DICK PORTLAND, OR 97229 503-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org PAGE 2 VICE PRESIDENT SALES AND MARKETING; Smiths Interconnect, Thousand Oaks, CA 2014 –2016 Oversaw five independent marketing and sales organizations as part of the executive leadership team. Aligned best practices around incentives, forecasting, salesforce.com utilization, sales process, strategy development, government relations, branding, new product launch activities, and talent development.
• Designed and implemented new sales incentive scheme aligned with the Division’s growth objectives.
• Developed new market and customer-focused strategy that swung the division from -3% to +3% growth within one year. Key initiatives included:
o Divestment of businesses representing ~30% of Interconnect’s revenue. o Implementing key account management program.
o Cutting channel partners by 50%, creating tiered incentive structure and migrating more than 2,000 direct customers to channel partners to create efficiencies (-20%) and accelerate growth (35%). o Establishing a strategic pricing team.
• Defined and managed sales dashboard that enabled a leadership dialog around order pipeline quality. TEKTRONIX, INC. 1999 –2013
As an operating company of Danaher Inc., Tektronix (~$1B) is a global supplier of test and measurement instrumentation, repair services, and microelectronics packaging services (Component Solutions). SENIOR DIRECTOR, STRATEGIC ACCOUNTS & COMPONENT SOLUTIONS 2011 – 2013 Led team of 20 covering Tektronix-wide Strategic Accounts sales and sales & marketing for the microelectronics packaging business.
• Exceeded >$85M quota across the microelectronics, instrument, and service business units.
• Created and implemented “tip of the spear” strategy which leveraged microelectronics business to grow Tek’s overall business with strategic accounts (Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, Northrop Grumman, General Electric, L-3 Communications, BAE and Philips Healthcare).
• Grew Raytheon business by ~400% and doubled business with Northrop Grumman.
• Utilized the Danaher Business Systems Problem Solving Process to develop strategic account plans. DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT, Maxtek Components Corporation 2002-2011 A $35M subsidiary of Tektronix providing microelectronics design, assembly and test services to the measurement, defense and medical markets. Established a sales and marketing organization with focus on growing an external business around the capabilities required to support the Tektronix measurement business.
• Evolved strategy from the volatile automated test equipment market into more stable defense and medical markets that resulted in 40% ($10M) revenue growth and a 6X increase in active accounts.
• Consistently achieved new business revenue, margin and profit growth targets.
• Managed annual strategy development process, acquisition funnel and due diligence activities. GENERAL MANAGER, TEKTRONIX COMMUNICATIONS BUSINESS UNIT 2000 –2002 Defined products, developed Go-To-Market strategies, and trained sales team to enable Tektronix to enter the physical layer optical communications test equipment market.
• Completed acquisition of Profile Optische GmbH, an $11M Munich based optical fiber test and measurement company.
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING, NETWORK TEST PRODUCTS 1999 – 2000 JEFFREY DICK PORTLAND, OR 97229 503-***-**** email@example.com PAGE 3 EDUCATION AND TRAINING
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester Massachusetts
• Tektronix Academy – Two-year internal development program for future leaders
• Expertise in ITAR & EAR controlled sales; experience with Special Security Agreements; held Secret clearance
• Miller-Heiman Strategic Selling and Large Account Management Process (LAMPS) Community
Board of Directors and Marketing Committee Chair (6 years) for Serendipity Center, Oregon’s only accredited school and mental health organization for disadvantaged youth