• Proficient in the use of t-SQL, MS ACCESS and EXCEL in data analysis and presentation.
• Versed in SQL SERVER, ORACLE and MySQL (Backend database for my MSc thesis) database administration. Data Integration & reporting using SSIS, PowerBI, SSRS and Tableau respectively.
• Exposure to Data Modelling for Data warehouses and SSAS OLAP cubes.
• Strong ability with Excel, including pivot tables, VLOOKUP, DATA TOOLS (GoalSeek, Solver etc.), and task automation with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA).
• Web development with Visual Studio using ASP.NET webforms & Bootstrap framework.
• Possess basic knowledge of UNIX OS administration.
• Experienced in troubleshooting and rectifying Hardware problems & understands basic Internet and client/server architectures.
• Install, configure and upgrade Oracle 10g, ACCESS 2007/2010/2013 and SQL SERVER 2005/2008 / 2012 databases. Conduct routine database/Operating System (OS) administrative tasks including the following: Backup and Recovery, Data imports/exports, SQL Optimization, Database Tuning, Database/OS Patching, Open/Manage Service Requests with Database/Hardware Vendors.
• Proactively prevents production incidents through daily monitoring and review/verification of the database environment and scheduled database jobs.
• Recommend, develop, and implement procedures to ensure integrity, security, and privacy of the corporate database.
• Manages database security through user administration and granting correct roles and privileges.
• Creates, maintains, and enforces corporate database standards, procedures, and documentation. Education
2013 - (Part-time) University of West of Scotland, Paisley United Kingdom Phd in Computing (Semantic Data Integration using IFF) Areas of Interest: Semantics, Information Flow Framework (IFF), Heterogenous Data Integration, Data Modelling, Data Mining, Artificial Intelligence.
2009 – 2010 University of Bedfordshire, United Kingdom MSc Applied Computing and Information Technology
Modules included: Data Modelling and Management Managing IS Strategy and Security, Secured Data Communications, Emerging Technologies, Applied Programming, Multimedia Applications, Professional Project Management and Internet Development.
1998 – 2002 Abia State University, Nigeria
Dissertation: Comparative assessment of Nutritional Composition of Selected Commercial Edible Oils. Work Experience
CITIPOST UK., 51 Hailey Rd. DA18 4AA Belvedere.
Position: Application/Report Developer – (August 2014 - July 2018) Authored complex stored procedures, views, functions and scripts to support development team and leadership data analytics needs.
• Rebuilt, expanded and improved all legacy reports on new reporting platform using SSRS 2008 R2.
• Built out novel reports and migrated rebuilt legacy reports into new centralized reporting portal to meet reporting needs company-wide.
• Assisted Controller and Accounting Team with research and data analysis
• Directly supported Finance, Marketing, Client Services, Sales, HR departments as well as executive leadership teams and CEO.
• Consistently self-managed and independently motivated ahead of expectations in providing new data solutions to company.
• Reporting & visualizations requirements implemented using SQL SERVER REPORTING SERVICE
(SSRS) with Relational OLAP & Cubes, PowerBI, Tablaeu, PowerView for EXCEL.
• Updated, maintained, and created web applications for Data Access / management using ASP.NET The Homemovebox Ltd., 399 Silbury Blvd. MK9 2HL Milton Keynes Position: DATA ADMINISTRATOR – (June 2011 to July 2014)
• Plan, design, and implement application database code objects, such as stored procedures and views.
• Build and maintain SQL scripts, indexes, and complex queries for data analysis and extraction.
• Provide database coding to support business applications using SQL SERVER T-SQL and MS Access.
• Perform quality assurance and testing of SQL server environment.
• Develop new processes to facilitate import and normalization, including data file for counterparties.
• Work with business stakeholders, application developers, and production teams and across functional units to identify business needs and discuss solution options.
• Ensure best practices are applied and integrity of data is maintained through security, documentation, and change management.
ASOS.com, Eaton Road Maylands Industrial Estate HP2 Hemel Hempstead. Position: RETURNS PROCESSOR (Temp)– ( September 2010 to March 2011)
• Update Customer order history on RED PAIRIE system, based on return reason codes and replacement requests, and
• Data entry/ processing high volume of data
• Monitoring and analyzing output / data integrity
• Updating and creating excel spreadsheets
• Identifying and reconciling discrepancies
• Assisting the supervisor with various duties
Virgin Nigeria Airways – Murtala Mohammed Int’l Airport Lagos Nigeria Position: OPERATIONS DATA ANALYST (Mar. 2007 – Oct. 2009)
• Reconciliation of flight documents to ensure completeness and accuracy of flight information
• Airline Information Management System (AIMS) database administration - [ Loading / Monitoring of flight schedule and schedule changes, Updating aircraft, aerodrome and third party database etc. ]
• Custom software development for Flight operations unit using VB.net & Access
• Monitoring allocation of delay codes and ensuring delay code discrepancies are highlighted for conflict resolution on a daily basis
• Delay Analysis and generating daily/weekly/monthly flight reports for dashboard presentations and
• Board meetings using EXCEL and ACCESS with VBA
• Archiving of flight records as per National Centre for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) and company
• Operations Manual Part A regulations
• Processing Air Safety Reports (ASR) and Ground Handling Reports (GHR) on time for effective
• generation of Mandatory Occurrence Reports (MOR) in accordance with regulations
• Reconciliations of Navigational Bills of external clients such as IATA, Eurocontrol and other local aviation agencies for payment processing with company`s Finance Department.
• Obtaining, sorting and processing competitors and market operations reports
• Processing Flight Reports per flight and aircraft for the following: o Journey Log or Voyage Report
o Technical log
o Operational Flight Plan (OFP)
o Fuel Vouchers
o Load sheet
o Air Traffic Control(ATC) Flight Plan
Dec. 2005 – Mar. 2007 DOTTECH SYSTEMS LTD., – CUSTOMER SERVICE ENGR. Provided after-sales technical support to customers-INSTALLATION AND MAINTENANCE of PCs
• Promote proactive support actions to prevent errors reoccurring.
• Produce management statistics each month on help desk issues.
• Maintain systems user security.
• Maintain the hardware / software license management database.
• Perform moves / changes on the telephone system.
• Provide first and second line support on PC, LAN, and other hardware issues.
• Use Company processes to design, build and support all desktop and laptop PCs and servers. Use Company processes to distribute software as appropriate to PCs and servers around the network.
Assist the Technical Infrastructure Coordinator in the development and maintenance of processes and procedures for these systems and activities. Implemented training course for new recruits speeding profitability