Sharon Williams 570-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org
Information Technology Project Management & Certified Scrum Master Professional with hands-on experience in spearheading multi-million-dollar solutions by leading superior project teams to achieve consistent on time and on-budget delivery
Demonstrated track record of achieving technology-driven business goals - lowering the total cost of IT operations, improving business agility, accelerating access to applications and services, and increasing availability, all throughout the lifecycle of the IT infrastructure. EDUCATION
Barrington University 2004
• Bachelor of Science – Management Information Systems Certified Scrum Master (CSM) – Scrum Alliance 2016 TECHNICAL SKILLS
• Office 365
• Release Management
• Change Management
• Risk Management
• Vendor Management
• IT Modernization
• PMO Build-out
• Innotas & PPM
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE – CONSULTANCY
Trace3 - California
Remote – Program Manager / Project Manager 11/2016 – Present Successful delivery of Infrastructure and Application programs for multiple clients with a focus on the improvement of data center modernization and full digital transformation though automation and virtualization solutions to streamline and optimize existing services and improve time to value and quality of the offered services.
• Strategically focused and responsible for client satisfaction, maintaining client communication, the overall management of the client relationship, and the delivery of the outsourced solution
• Serves as the primary management contact and client liaison during delivery of an outsourced solution
• Maintains contact with client at an executive level, focusing on the strategic nature of the relationship
• Provide leadership, and direct teams in the delivery of high-quality services within committed time frames
• Accountable for the financial management of individual projects and overall program
• Understand the need for Business Case/ROI and help business to complete
• Monitor services delivery throughout the project and identify risks and issues, initiate strategies and take corrective action as appropriate
• Communicate with all levels of the organization - including leading Steering Committee Meetings and Executive Leadership Sessions
• Advise leadership, customers, and staff on strategic solutions to dealing with barriers within a project
• Work internally with staffing & recruiting for the staffing of assigned projects
• Trains others on PMP principles and concepts
• Acts as a Mentor both formal and informal to other PMs across the Enterprise Page 2 of 9
• Assist the CIO and Project Management Office (PMO) with the creation of regular senior management reports, coordinate company-wide demos
• Work with Product Owner to prioritize Backlogs
• Work with the development team and product owner to maintain the product backlog
• Facilitate decision-making, issue resolution and consensus among the team members and dependent teams
• Embrace a servant-leader role across Scrum teams and support them by proactively identifying and resolving impediments, internal to the team as well as external
• Coach teams daily on Scrum principles
• Monitor sprint burndown charts and maintain other productivity metrics
• Work with Product Owner to prioritize Backlogs
• Act as liaison between stakeholders and teams to negotiate sprint scope
• Adapt project management framework to stakeholder, project, and team needs
• Monitor and document project variance
• Communicate clearly and consistently with stakeholders about project status Intellitech – Boston, MA
Agile Coach 8/2016 – 2/2017
• Lead the company transformation from traditional methodologies to Agile / Scrum practices
• Provide hands on coaching to multiple teams in the principles of Agile and the practices of Scrum
• Developed agile training materials and delivered across the organization
• Established self-organizing teams to execute Pilot Projects
• Provide individual coaching to client delivery team members, executives, and other employees throughout the company
• Identify, suggest, and collaborate with teams on measurable improvements
• Promote and contribute to internal and external communications, improving transparency, and radiating information
• Coach, train, and support the Product Owners within the organization
• Collaborate with product owner and architect to ensure alignment on strategy and execution
• Work with team in the role of a Scrum Master as needed
• Coordinate and facilitate communicate plan, project progress, to teams, leaders, and managers Xerox - Elkridge, MD
Sr. Project Manager / Scrum Master 05/2016 – 11/2016
• Plan, control and monitor projects in accordance with the Agile Framework
• Clearly communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders
• Act as a mediator, resolve risks/issues, and solve problems throughout the project lifecycle
• Effectively manage project scope by ensuring that changes to scope are documented and approved according to current process
• Organize and lead key meetings including planning, daily stand-ups, reviews and retrospectives
• Prepare status updates to project sponsor and senior management, and work closely with external vendors as required
• Partner with the Product Owner, Coaches, and Scrum Teams on User Story sizing and acceptance criteria definition
• Lead continuous refinement and prioritization of the Product Backlog
• Ensure the development teams are embracing and practicing core Agile/Scrum principles
• Provide strong commitment and support to the success of the core team
• Efficiently remove or guide the team to remove impediments by finding the right people or process to remove the roadblock
Page 3 of 9
McCormick - Hunts Valley, MD 07/2015 – 05/2016
Senior I. T. Project Manager
• I.T. Operations Project Manager responsible for the professional management and execution of technical projects. Keenly focused on exceeding customer expectations and delivery of high quality projects within the identified timeframe at or below budget.
• Project Management of assigned Global projects with a total budget of $3MM
• Responsible for completing projects within allotted timeline and budget
• Clarify and develop project scope, detailed work plans, schedules, objectives, estimates and coordinated activities of the project team, identifying resources and implementation strategy
• Responsible for development of project charters, requirements and other project specific documents including conducting appropriate business and technical reviews to ensure a quality solution is developed and delivered according to the defined Delivery Life Cycle process
• Conducted project status meetings, project reporting, and is responsible for project tracking and analysis, including project interdependencies
• Collaborated across multiple functions to ensure adherences to quality standards, internal processes, reviews project deliverables to drive required project results
• Provides overall direction and guidance to project teams and outside suppliers/vendors
• Coordinate Outage Windows, Change Management and Business Communications
• Coordinate with business leaders to establish and implement effective plans for organizational change management
• Manage project issues to closure while minimizing impact to the critical path and drive creative issue-resolution documented in the issues log
• Identify and analyze risks, establish contingency plans, identify trigger events and initiate mitigating action
• Analyze the actual performance of the project against the baseline plan and adjust consistent with plan objectives
• Represent project at meetings with Senior management and ensure that priorities are communicated, understood and that project status updates are accurately and timely UAW Trust – Ann Arbor, MI 07/2014 –07/2015
I.T. Service Delivery Project Manager
• Responsible for effectively planning, executing and managing all aspects of assigned technical projects focused on the development of new or upgraded products and services (continuous improvement efforts)
• Management of internal information system-specific projects focused on the development or enhancement of internal applications, technology integration, and/or infrastructure environment build-out
• Manage project initiation activities that include identifying contractual obligations, client needs and goals, existing situation, and necessary contacts
• Ensure requirements for internal technology projects align to operational standards
• Coordinate activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and client or vendor/subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints, and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope
• Assign and monitors work of project team, providing technical and analytical support and direction.
• Interface with external clients or field-based employees on technical matters as needed.
• Manage project risks, issues/problems, and activity progress to ensure project goals (e.g., deadline, scope and quality) are achieved
Page 4 of 9
• Serve as liaison between technical and non-technical teams, in internal organizations as well as in client and vendor/subcontractor organizations, to ensure all project targets and requirements are met
• Conduct project closure activities to formalize and communicate the project acceptance, handover documentation and ongoing activities to accountable teams, and complete a post-implementation review to identify areas of improvement
Affinia Group – Ann Arbor, MI 07/2013 – 07/2014
Transition Program Manager
• Program Manager responsible for the successful transition of the Infrastructure between two managed services vendors: H.P & Wipro.
• Scope of the migration included transition of the Global Service Desk, Tools, Processes, and Implementation of the Support Model
• Transition of the WAN, LAN, VPN/Wireless, Remote Network Sites and Support, Remote Servers and Support, switches, routers, and firewalls coupled with the virtualization of Applications to the cloud where feasible
• Developed, and Implemented the Program Governance Structure and Deployment Roadmap for the overall Program
• Defined the phase deliverables, tracked milestones, scheduled roles and resources, evaluated risks, and recommended contingency plans
• Responsible for managing the overall technical strategy for each stage of the project lifecycle
• Managed the quality of deliverables provided to the client, and executed risk management techniques ensuring that client impact was minimal
• Exercised “Full Disclosure” approach for Executive Level status reporting.
• Identified migration windows and outage requirements, informing the Business leveraging Organizational Change Management best practices
• Defined migration dependencies and developed migration strategy for each migration group along with alternative options
• Developed and maintained a Migration Project Plan that described milestones, major task items, deliverables, and durations for subsequent detailed planning and execution phases Xerox – Germantown, MD 02/2012 – 07/2013
Project Manager/Scrum Master
• Guide the scrum team on self-organization and how to use scrum and Agile practices
• Oversee scrum process and coach the team; facilitate transparency, inspection, and adoption
• Enable daily scrum, sprint review, refinement and planning meetings to ensure full team engagement.
• Manage interdependencies between agile teams
• Work with the Product Owner to support short and long-term release planning, and to keep work backlog healthy and prepared for execution
• Shield the team from external interference to enable optimal productivity and minimal context switching
• Anticipate and address potential or actual impediments to team delivery (cultural barriers, logistic challenges)
• Foster close cooperation across all team members; encourage cross-training and team support
• Build a trusting and safe environment where problems may be raised without fear of reprisal
• Ensure team execution and delivery to committed sprint work
• Help associates, and stakeholders understand and enact scrum in their lines of business
• Work with other Scrum Masters via a Community of Practice to increase the effectiveness of the application of scrum in the organization
• Lead by example as a servant leader
Page 5 of 9
Hewlett Packard – Rio, Brazil 08/2011 – 02/2012
SAP PMO Lead
• Established the SAP PMO Office by interlocking into the Global Account Structure and delivering client-facing project management services for the benefit of all projects supporting the development of and driving the adoption of Global Project Management Framework and PMO policies, methods, tools, templates, practices, and programs
• Responsible for developing the strategy with the customer in the areas of performance metrics and measure, escalation, change management, and communication.
• Served as the principle contact for operational and tactical issues representing delivery of all services
(all functions) to the customer
• Managed a total of 10 globally disbursed project and program managers, and over 50 globally disbursed technical resources to provide project assignment, training, coaching, and mentoring
• Performed Resource Management duties related to resource capacity and demand
• Accountable for on-time, on-budget, and quality delivery of global IT projects, both application development and infrastructure
• Developed methods to monitor progress of projects and provided corrective coaching and direction if necessary
• Tracked status of projects and facilitated project status meetings with Project Managers
• Adhered to escalation process when applicable
• Developed PMO Dashboard to enable portfolio leaders to make business-driven decisions regarding the health of a multi-million-dollar program infrastructure running in a worldwide data center
• Facilitated weekly and monthly Executive SAP Project Portfolio review meetings to ensure project status and overall Program Health was effectively communicated to the Leadership Team
• Participated in continuous improvement initiatives Comerica Bank – Detroit, MI 03/2011 – 08/2011
Sr. Project Manager - Merger and Acquisition
• Responsible for the successful integration of the acquired non-survivor financial institution into the survivor's operating environment
• Scrum Master directly responsible for leading and managing the successful delivery of a scrum team
• Ability to help orchestrate a unified effort, from the market side, to product and engineering, and out through operations and user support
• Facilitate team decisions around process, deliverables, and interaction, and be assertive in helping hold the team to those commitments
• Ability to easily interact with partners, customers, and employees at all levels of the organization
• Responsible for guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
• Responsible for continuous scrum team assessment to determine the Scrum Maturity Level and provide coaching to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
• Remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment
• Built a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving
• Facilitated getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
• Facilitated discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
• Assisted with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
• Support and educate the Product Owner, with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog
Page 6 of 9
ACS – Education Solutions – Germantown, MD 02/2010 – 02/2011 Senior Software Development Program/Project Manager
• Successfully managed the implementation of a Multi- Million Dollar Program which entailed decommissioning of a complex mission critical Legacy system and conversion to a new COTS based solution and platform
• Led the design team in defining data maps required for the conversion of closed, active, and open borrower accounts and images which detailed the end to end process flow for each solution.
• Defined the file layout and data elements required to transfer loan data between four external partner systems.
• Hands-on management of multiple highly visible, politically charged complex projects.
• Project portfolio consisted of the following projects: o Infrastructure Upgrade – Led the project activities associated with increasing current server capacity and T1 line capability to handle extended data and call volume projections. o Infrastructure Upgrade – Converted the transfer protocol from ftp to sftp for over 120 servers at multiple data centers
o Data Migration – Led the project which transferred over 1.2 million loans and collateral to various external partner systems.
o Infrastructure Upgrade – Led the project activities associated with the Configuration of VPN Tunnel and Connect: Direct with over 60 external partners. o Regulatory Compliance – Led the implementation of multiple projects to ensure adherence to government mandates.
• Identified appropriate resources needed to accomplish project scope, developed the Project Schedule and budgetary constraints, and performed timely updates until project completion.
• Managed third party relationships with both Government and Infrastructure teams and insured deliverables were properly defined, met quality standards, and were completed on schedule.
• Accountable for successful implementation of the overall project with high levels of customer satisfaction.
Department of Human Resources – Hanover, MD 08/2009 – 02/2010 Software Development Project Manager/QA Specialist
• Key Contributor to the Implementation of Project Management Processes leveraged by the Enterprise Project Management Office (ePMO)
• Institutionalized the Project Management and SDLC Processes
• Objectively monitored, controlled, and gained visibility into the development and maintenance processes to ensure delivered products satisfied contractual terms, met or exceeded quality standards, and complied with approved system development process
• Performed reviews of DHR technical deliverables for completeness, accuracy, and adherence to standards
• Ensured CHESSIE System compliance with Government regulations and mandates
• Managed the DHR User Acceptance Test Phase of the SDLC for the CHESSIE Program
• Tracked and reported vendor progress against development project schedule and took corrective action when variances were discovered
• Developed Business Requirements and Requirements Traceability Matrix
• Reported weekly Program Status to the Office of the CIO and Executive Steering Committee Page 7 of 9
General Motors Corp – Detroit, MI 05/2006 – 08/2009 PMO Project Manager
• Report directly to the PMO Head
• Responsible for defining, design, implement (and management of ongoing production of) Program and Project tracking and reporting capabilities to support the PMO and application delivery teams in their adherence to corporate program and project governance.
• Familiarity with various software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, etc.)
• Responsible for interpretation and dissemination of project information, process ownership, process improvement, and establishing best practices and processes in the PMO.
• Key contributor in the development of a suite of proactive reporting, visualization and communication, leveraging the data within multiple complex enterprise project management tools, to advise the PMO and senior technology managers of the overall health of their initiatives and identify areas that require remediation.
• Responsible for implementing strategic projects to support business growth and sustainability on key products
• Managed project plans across all functions including business process analysis, planning, governance, and change management
• Conducted regular project status meetings and published status reports
• Create and track project risks, issues, and lessons learned
• Proven track record in establishing rapport at the senior management & executive level, gaining and maintaining credibility with internal and external customers at all levels of the company MetLife – Bridgewater, NJ; New Brunswick, NJ 9/2005-5/2006 PMO Manager
• Established a Program Management Office (PMO) by implementing the structure and PMBOK processes needed to execute and standardize project management practices.
• Collaborated with Office of CIO to establish an Enterprise portfolio management PMO.
• Maintained program management processes and disciplines in the areas of: program schedule and quality management; communications management; human resource management; cost management; procurement management; risk and issue management; and change management.
• Mentored staff in methodology and consulting excellence and encouraged best practice in project management and project planning.
• Provided direction and management to both project and technical personnel: project managers, business analysts, network and server engineers, desktop support technicians, and Level 1 support engineers.
• Successfully implemented a system-sustained process flow for issue escalation and remediation across multiple departments, including Architecture and Transition Management. Page 8 of 9
Schneider National – Green Bay, WI 03/2005 – 08/2005 Release Manager/Product Manager
• Deployed enhancements to QUALCOMM system that provided on-the-road drivers with turn by turn directions
• Identified project risks, developed mitigation strategy, and tracked to closure.
• Planned, tracked, controlled, and communicated activities across all assigned projects.
• Provided delivery management to ensure customer satisfaction and reference-ability.
• Developed project plans and assumed responsibility for project profit and loss.
• Monitored project activities and advised staff of issues due to resource availability.
• Provided expertise at the customer site with emphasis on regaining customer confidence.
• Responsible for staff and account management, prioritization, and forecasting.
• Managed 40-member team of on-shore and off-shore resources. JP Morgan Chase – Jersey City, NJ 01/2004 – 02/2005 Project Manager
• Responsible for all phases of the Project Life Cycle
• Worked closely with the functional areas, external customers, and vendors in defining systems and project priorities, scope, approach, resource requirements, timing deliverables, and funding.
• Directed and coordinated activities of project personnel to ensure project progressed on schedule and within budget.
• Managed and supported 25 team members.
• Managed change request process, coordinated decision process of scope and budgetary impact of changes from original specifications.
• Managed independently in a dynamic environment with multiple, aggressive development cycles.
• Mentored staff in methodology and consulting excellence and encouraged best practice in project management and project planning.
• Built credibility, established rapport, and maintained communication with stakeholders at multiple levels, including those external to the organization.
• Maintained continuous alignment of program scope with strategic business objectives, and made recommendations to modify the program to enhance effectiveness toward the business result or strategic intent.
SPX Corporation – Horsham, PA 03/2002 – 01/2004
• Hands-On Project Manager responsible for implementing the Corporate Directory Project which leveraged Novell e-Directory as the central repository of user identity information and DirXML to synchronize identity information with other applications
• Managed 22 multi-level Team members throughout the project lifecycle
• Acted as the global resource for IT project management, Offshore Team Management responsibility.
• Project Portfolio:
o Managed the software Upgrade of HFM to HFM Enterprise for 5,000 employees globally. o Concur Travel and Expense Global System Implementation Project. o Learning Management Systems Implementation.
UNISYS Corporation – Blue Bell, PA 05/2000 – 03/2002 e-Learning Project Manager
• Project Manager responsible for the planning, analysis, "hands-on" design, and development of business processes and capabilities to deliver client-specific training to support e-Learning initiatives
• Created detailed and accurate project descriptions, functional specifications, storyboards, and other documentation required to successfully manage the project
• Managed trainers to deliver training programs that included orientation, customer service training, supervisory training, management training, and career path development. Page 9 of 9
• Project Management course design and development. Cornerstone Brands – Boston, MA 01/2000 – 05/2000
Senior Project Manager
• Managed the e-Commerce web-site design and implementation project leveraging Broad Vision One to One Commerce as the Enterprise solution
• Implemented the Project Management methodology for effective Project Management of Software Development type Projects.
• Provided on-going support for company website; responsible for quarterly improvements to the site.
• Managed staff of 10 website professionals.
• Managed vendor relationships to negotiate service level agreements and implementation partnerships.
GTE/Verizon – Atlanta, GA 1998 – 2000
Senior Project Manager
• Responsible for the successful management of six projects totaling over $13 million
• Responsible for managing the full life cycle of implementing B to C related websites.
• Additional project management responsibilities included: Scope management, resource management, risk and issue management, and change control management.
• Budget creation and management, Recruited, selected, trained, and managed team members.
• Monitored progress on creating specific deliverables and understanding the capability analysis and design process.
Gemini Consulting – Morristown, NJ 1996 – 1998
• Planned, designed, implemented, and managed the Global Intranet Infrastructure for the firm.
• Responsible for coordinating all content creation and development activities related to the Intranet site of the firm on a global scale.
• Managed ongoing content and site updates.
• Implemented real-time chat and on-line bulletin boards
• Monitored activities of up to 15 consultants.
American Bible Society – New York, NY 1990 – 1996
Business Analyst/Project Manager
• Responsibilities included developing the business requirements based upon the Project Scope.
• Managed the analysis, testing, development, and implementation phases of client-specific development projects.
• Managed service providers and relations between in-house IT project team, Big Six contractor, and business areas to ensure all organizational systems requirements were accurately conveyed and built into the mission-critical system.