Ruben A. Cueva Lopez
Aerospace Mechanical Design & Manufacturing Engineer
Primary & Secondary Aerospace Structural Design & Analysis of Aircraft’s, Spacecraft’s, Engines and MBD for Equipment’s to contribute to any Aerospace Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), Government Agencies as NASA, Space X, Boeing (ULA), Northrup Grumman, others Industries in Developing New Generation Aircrafts, Spacecraft’s, Satellites and Rockets for Space Missions. Building dynamic models of Vehicles / Systems. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
BDS-Boeing Defense, Space &Security, Ridley Park, PA and Oklahoma City, OK Feb 2016 - Apr 2018 Aerospace Struct. & Payload / System Design Engineer
• Design Engineer Lead for Upgrades/Modifications to U.S. Air Force platforms. Structural Upgrade Tankers KC-135, E-8. Control and Communication System for international customers transforming, aircraft’s cockpits into Fully Digital Environment, as PHOS-Poland Heat of State, Modification of the B737-800 with GPS, TACAN Systems. Finite Elements Analysis with Patran, Nastran these upgrades/Modified Parts, ASSY.
• Execute and Delivery of ECN-Engineering Change Notice for Production and Manufacturing of CH-47 Chinook Helicopter for US Army and International Army Partners as INDIA, UK, etc. CHINOOK’s ECS- Environment Control Systems, Fuel Systems utilizing CATIA V5, Team Center, VisMockup software’s. Electrical Wiring Harness & Lighting Aircraft Signalization for Helicopter CH47-Chinook. FEMAP Analysis. Boeing Company, Everett, WA May 2010 – Dec. 2012 Aerospace Structural Design Engineer
• B777 AFG- DA (Accurate Floor Grid) DA-(Determination Assembly) Project: Got Boeing's Award in Recognition & Appreciation for Special effort as Design Engineer Lead to incorporate AFG-Accurate Floor Grid (DA)-Determination Assembly for B777 Commercial Airplane utilizing Composites: Graphite/Epoxy.
• Design Optimization, MRB-Material review Board in Material Selection, Preliminary Design Review (MRB) and Final Critical Design (CDR), Analysis & Testing in the Final Stage for Fabrication Spacecrafts, Satellites.
• B747-8 (F-Freighter & I-Intercontinental); Got Boeing’s Award for Reduction B747-8 as Design Engineer Lead for the CAR's- (Corrective Action Requirements) Improve backlog from Over 100 CARs down to 15 CARs in short amount of time in Production of the 747-8. Design Engineer (DE) Lead, Sign off Authority for FCc- Flight Configuration Changes in Production Support B747-8F/-8I, Return to Engineering Drawing Configuration after Flight Test Certification (FAA) utilizing CATIA V5, ENOVIA and TeamCenter PLM. Hawker Beechcraft Corp, Wichita, KS Sept.2008 - June 2009 Senior Airframe Design Engineer IV
• Design/Approval during the execution of ECR-Engineering Change Request in Production Support of HORIZON H4000 According with the ROBB report 2008 year "The Best of the Best" Business Jet fully in Composites as Kevlar and Metallic with SOLIDWORKS and CATIA V4: CATIA V5, TeamCenter. Boeing Company, Everett, WA Aug. 2004 - June 2008 Aerospace Design Engineer
• Design Engineering Lead for Boeing’s B747/777/787 Commercial Airplanes Projects (From PDR until CDR):
• Project Large Cargo Door (LCD) Fully in Composites for B787-8 Dreamliner Program; Created 3D-MBD
(Model Base Definition) & 2D Drawings, instructions, specifications and documentation for Parts/ASSY.
• Project B777- Freighter, Conversion from the B777-LR 200(Long Range) to Passenger Airplane, D1- Design Layouts for Modifications the Horizontal Deck Integration Seat Track, Keel Beam Splice Installation, and After Wheel Well Bulkhead (Intercostal, Bushing) SECTION 45 with Composites & Metallic with ProEngineer,
• Project to install General Electric (GenEnx) & Rolls Royce (Trent 1000) onto B787-8 Dreamliner under LCPT
(Life Cycle Product Team) after Pylon, Nacelles & Trust Reverser. Design / Approvals for Propulsion Systems Structures, and engines with fluid and/or gas handling systems.
• American Airlines (AA) Project; Design the Blended Fitted Winglets in 3D (MBD) for the Airplanes B737& B767 Project to Modification wings in American Airlines base Fort Worth International Airport, Texas.
• Project for U.S. Navy, Conversion Commercial Airplane B737-800 to Multimission Maritime Aircraft (MMA) P-8A POSEIDON. Design B737-800 Aircraft Fuselage Structure Modification in Composites & Metallic. Page 2 of 2
UCLA-University California Los Angeles, CA: Jan. 2013 – Dec. 2015 Academic Certificate in Astronautical Engineering sponsored by Boeing Company and U.S Federal Government under Trade Act of 1974; Key aspects of Spacecraft’s, Rocket, Satellites for Space Missions (GRADUATED). Master in Aerospace Engineering (M. Eng.), Sherbrooke University, Canada, June 2001 Thesis: Pro/Pylon Interfaces Nacelles/Trust Reverser to Install Pratt & Whitney Canada Engine (P&WC- 305) on a Bombardier CRJ-X Regional Aircraft.
National Aviation University, Ukraine, European Union, October 1985 Bachelors; M. Sc. & Ph. D Aeronautical Mechanical Engineer (Bachelor; Master of Sc. & Ph. D). Bachelor and M. Sc. Thesis: Design of the Turbo Fan Engine for the Aircraft Prototype DC-8 Ph. D Thesis: Research/Development of the Turbo-Fuels Systems to allow Airplane’s Safety Flights. SELECTED ACHIEVEMENTS:
* MRB - Material Review Board for Commercial / Military Aero-Structures in composites (CFRP Epoxy, Kevlar) Honeycomb, Aluminum, FiberSim composite part development integrate with, CATIA® V5 ; SolidWorks software
* MBD-Model Base Definition CATIA V5: EXPERT: Over 15,000 hrs) &ENOVIA LCA-Life Cycle Applications Performs basic structural analysis using well defined analysis tools to develop the structural Aircrafts environment
*Creation and Presentation of Program Reviews plans from PDR-(Preliminary Design Review)until CDR- (Critical Design Review), NRPD, for Aerospace Projects. Delivery of SOW-Statement of Work; ECN-Engineering Change Notice, ECR-Engineering Change Request, Aircrafts Maintenance and Repair, Overhaul Procedures for Aircrafts.
* BOM-Bill of Materials; Primary/Secondary Composites/Metallic Structural Design/Analysis; Build Management. FAA (FAR's), FAR-33-Aiworthines Standards for Aircraft Engines, FAR-25, FAR-27 and FAR Part 145; EASA, DOD/DOT Regulations & Compliances; FCc- Flight Configuration Changes in Production Support B747-8F/-8I,
* MBD-Multi-Body Dynamic’s Building and
* Creating as-built 3D Models Base Definition (MBD) of large Aircraft structures and platforms Laser scanning Interpreting Engineering Drawings (2DRW and 3D MBD Models, technical manuals, and technical data; and, identifying and analyzing complex problems and developing innovative aerospace solutions.
* Geometric Tolerancing & Dimensioning (GT&D); Standards ANSI Y.14.5M-1994, ASTM; ProEngineer20. Supports in-service Aircrafts, Engines and Spacecrafts by investigating failures and analyzing improvements.
* Aerospace Sheet Metal, Aluminum Structures Design, Fabrication and ASSY. Forming, Machining, Fastening, etc.). 3, 5 Axis(CNC) Manufacturing with Alloys Aluminum & Titanium using CATIA V5/V6
* Integration Special Missions Military Equipment on a variety of aircraft platforms for missions as EO/IR sensors and lifts, tactical radios, force tracking, datalinks, and weapons systems.
* Holder of the Confidential Clearance under the Federal Aviation Act, 49 W.S.C. Sec. 41101 and is Authorized to unescorted access pursuant to 14 C.F.R Sec.1542.209 (B) with FAR 1544.229. PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATION:
Membership of the ASME - American Society of Mechanical Engineers; New York, USA. Membership of the Canadian Aeronautics & Space Institute; Ottawa, CANADA Membership at NACE - National Association of Corrosion Engineers; Houston, TX; USA. Membership of the AIAA - American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, VA; USA. CERTIFICATION:
* Astronautical Engineering Academic Certificate (Post-Doc);UCLA-University California Los Angeles, Dec.2015 1.-ENGR X402.23-Space Mission Systems Engineering; 2.-ENGR X402.22-Space Power Systems; 3.-ENGR X402.19- Spacecraft Systems Design and Analysis; 4.- MECH&AE X 402.1-Spacecraft Attitude Control; 5.- MECH&AEX-402.1 Orbital Mechanics; 6.- MECH&AE X 428.6-World-Class Manufacturing Materials; 7.- ENGR X 402.27 Liquid Rocket Engines for Spacecraft Pressure-Fed Propulsion Systems.
* SOFTWAR’S & Eng. PROGRAMS: MATLAB; EXCEL, POWER POINT, SOLIDWORKS, CATIA V5/V6 with CNC Programing, Vericut; PRO/ENGINER 20, FEA: ABAQUS, PATRAN, MSC ADAMS NASTRAN;
* GD&T-Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, VOUGHT/Boeing, Everett, WA, Sept. 2004
* CERTIFIED in Composites Aircraft Structures (40 hours) for B787-8 DREAMLINER Program fully in Composites issuing by Boeing Company, Everett, WA, June 2005
* LinkedIn: <<https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=128733978&trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile_pic>> Languages: English, French, Spanish.