MICHAEL J. FITZPATRICK
631-***-**** - mobile www.linkedin.com/in/Michael-J-Fitzpatrick- Bayside, NY 11361 CORE COMPETENCIES
Comparative Analysis Evaluating and Mitigating Risk Financial Statement Analysis
Portfolio Analysis Corporate Underwriting Credit Policies & Reporting
DCF Analysis Variance & Preference Analysis Risk Monitoring/Metrics EXPERIENCE
ADECCO GROUP, NA - Corporate Office Melville, NY
Senior Credit Analyst (promoted during tenure) 2009 – Present A Fortune Global 500 company based in Switzerland and a World leader in Human Resource solutions.
• Accountable for credit management of client portfolio of over 17 hundred national accounts for the United States with receivables exposure totaling over $500+ million and generating annual sales of over $2 billion dollars. Create Preference Analysis and Credit Defenses for Bankruptcy Preference Claims (New Value & Ordinary Course of Business) for our attorneys.
• Managing credit risk within Adecco’s portfolio by analyzing credit applications, and re- evaluating financials statements (primarily 10K and 10Q reports) of new and existing accounts through sound business decisions to assess and mitigate financial risk.
• Analyze industries at risk and proactively identify potential customers at risk.
• Determining customer's financial risk via ratio analysis and annual credit reviews using comparative analysis: liquidity, profitability, and credit histories to determine and minimize risk and advise on creditworthiness. Experience using ERP systems (Oracle/PeopleSoft) for analysis and creating credit reports and presentations to executive management.
• Create reports in D&B (Dun & Bradstreet) Portfolio Risk Manager to identify possible credit risks.
• My accomplishments include assisting in the development of a sophisticated credit tool and in the automated data integration between Oracle, Equifax/DNBi and Salesforce to reduce costs and maximize operational effectiveness.
Reviewed credit policies and processes and managed the full cycle of credit including review of new credit applications, proper and timely updates of credit limit documentation, risk analysis, and quarterly bad debt provisions participation with executive management. UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA Philadelphia, PA
Operations Supervisor - Business Services Division (promoted during tenure) 2002 - 2008 Penn is a private, Ivy League research university founded by Benjamin Franklin in 1740.
• Member of Management team - Orchestrated the day-to-day management and logistics of business unit with a staff of 50+ employees, and 6 union members. Performed weekly payroll computation, daily statistical analysis, conducted research, evaluated and made recommendations regarding proposed and existing facilities and services. TECHNICAL FINANCIALS, INC. Philadelphia, PA
Investment Analyst 2000 - 2002
A Futures & Options Brokerage with offices in Philadelphia, San Diego, and Seattle.
• Member of Executive team covering agriculture commodities futures and options with modeling, research, and valuation skills. Monitored and evaluated technical developments of financial data.
• Maintained awareness of economic trends and their potential impact on the underlying securities. Advised investments buy and sell recommendations based upon technical analysis. COOKE & BIELER, LP Philadelphia, PA
Equity Research Analyst 1998 - 2000
An institutional equities manager focused solely on value investing and committed to deep, fundamental research since 1949. A long-term investment horizon and attention to business quality underpin our differentiated perspective.
• Member of Investment team overseeing more than $6.5 billion in equity AUM. Conducted bottom- up research and supported senior partner and 7 portfolio managers with research/analysis.
• Created value-added financial analysis – built comparable-company analyses. Conducted industry and company-specific research and assessment of management and long-term strategic direction by utilizing fundamental analysis.
• Prepared investment recommendations, analyzed relevant financial data, and evaluated industry trends and economic factors. Analyzed market information, compiled the calculations and preparations of monthly performance numbers, and presented my evaluations for use by senior portfolio managers.
• Supported the administration of investment portfolios using bottom-up research, relative value investing, GARP, 10-year discounted cash flow model - the model essentially creates a forward- looking income statement using our own internal inputs.
• Created financial models, reported on conference calls, attended analyst conferences, and prepared internal presentations.
THE WHARTON SCHOOL, University of Pennsylvania Philadelphia, PA Bachelor 3.43 GPA May 1998
Dual Concentration: Finance and Management
Proficient with Equifax, Dun & Bradstreet DNBi, Morningstar, Global Credit Services, SalesForce, PeopleSoft, Credit Risk Monitor, AT Financial Quotes, First Call Notes, FactSet, StockVal, IBES, First Call Research Direct, Dow Jones, Bloomberg, Reuters, Lexis-Nexis, Oracle, Citibank Orbian and Citi Direct, JP-Morgan Xign, and Microsoft suite – Word, Excel (V-Lookups, Pivot Tables and Macros), PowerPoint, and Access.
Nationality: I hold dual Irish (European Union) and U.S. citizenships. Mentor: Huntington School