**** **** ****** ******, **** AZ 85207
JOHN N. DENVIR, CPA, MBA
• Tax professional with over 13 Years of Big 4 Experience including International, Federal, State, and local Tax Compliance work.
• Audit background with PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP.
• Broad exposure to Corporate, Partnership, High Net Worth, and Individual Income Taxes.
• Financial Services Taxation, Hedge Funds, P.E. Funds, and Management Companies.
• Provision courses and experience with ASC 740/FAS 109/FIN 48
• SEC Work including exposure to 10-Ks and 10-Q filings.
• Responsible for EY collections on personal billings of $1.5MM generated from my book of business
• Ran the Tax Department for the largest Hedge Fund in the World on assignment from EY
• International Taxation – Preparation, Review and Filing of Forms; 1120-F, 5471, 8804/5, 1116, 1042
• Computer proficiency with software programs such as Thomson Reuter’s Go-System Tax RS, RIA Checkpoint, Pro-system Fx tax, CCH Engagement, K-1 Suite, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
• Excellent Managerial, Leadership, Communication and Organizational skills EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION/AFFILIATIONS
Ø Fairfield University, Fairfield, CT - MBA, Accounting, 3.8 GPA - May 2002 Ø Southern Connecticut State University, New Haven, CT- BS Accounting, 4.0 GPA-May 1998 Ø Graduated Summa Cum Laude – S.C.S.U.
CERTIFIED PUBLIC ACCOUNTANT; State of Arizona and State of Connecticut Ø AICPA, Member
Ø ASCPA, Member
Epstein Schneider PLC – Small Scottsdale, AZ., CPA Firm July 2017 - Sept. 2018 Adding Machine.com – Small Arizona CPA Firm (Part-Time) March 2017 - July 2017 Sabbatical, Mesa, Arizona Feb. 2016 - March 2017
Ernst & Young LLP, Connecticut and New York Oct. 2009 - Jan. 2016 Senior Tax Manager
• Ran International, Federal, State and Local Tax Compliance Engagements for Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Fund of Funds, Management Companies and signed off on all tax returns.
• Provided timely and high quality services and work products that exceeded client expectations.
• Built client relationships and demonstrated knowledge of client business.
• Helped to develop and guide staff and other junior tax professionals by providing effective performance feedback and ensuring team responsibilities were consistent with skills and developmental goals.
• Built technical competence by keeping up to date on trends, developments, technical authorities, and attending CPEs.
• Demonstrated professionalism through a positive and cooperative attitude and by maintaining the confidential and proprietary nature of client relationships and related work products.
• Contributed to the overall success of the team by developing a thorough understanding of EY methodologies and tools to enhance services delivered; by keeping team members informed of work status; by actively seeking assignments when unassigned; by proactively seeking opportunities to provide tax services; challenging traditional procedures used in the past; and finding effective solutions to client needs.
8360 East Ingram Circle, Mesa AZ 85207
JOHN N. DENVIR, CPA, MBA
Morgan Stanley Fund Services, Purchase, NY Sept. 2008 – Sept. 2009 Tax Manager
• Partnership allocations, aggregate and layering, book to tax adjustments
• Investor tax estimates for private partnerships and hedge funds using Morgan Stanley’s proprietary software tax application
OpHedge Investment Services, LLC, Rye brook, NY Sept. 2007 - March 2008 Fund Controller
• Investment Funds: downloaded brokerage statements, trade capturing and processing
• Managed a $5-billion-dollar hedge fund, investor statements and monthly N.A.V. per share Southern Ct. State University, Newhaven, CT Sept. 2007 – Dec. 2007 Adjunct Audit Professor
• S.C.S.U. School of Business, teaching grad and undergrad level auditing classes Ernst & Young LLP, Florida, Connecticut, & Ireland Sept. 2002 - April 2007 Acting Tax Manager and Assistant Audit Manager
• Tax compliance for corporations, partnerships, and high net worth individuals using EY tax software applications
• Audited multiple Irish Funds in the Financial Services sector, for the Asset Management Group
• International Audit Experience gained while working in Dublin Ireland Weinstein & Anastasia. P.C., Newhaven, CT Aug. 2000 – Nov. 2001 Auditor in Charge
• Supervisor-In-Charge of field audits, reviews and compilations
• Exposure to HUD audit
• Financial Statement preparation, footnotes and risk based audits PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Stamford, CT Sept. 1998 - March 2000 Auditor
• Completed audit training programs for first and second year Staff.
• Member of the audit engagement team on several large SEC clients helping with the preparation of 10-K and 10-Q reports
• Headed up several client year end physical count engagements
• A/R, Bank and Legal Confirmations along with Substantial Testing
• Senior auditor in charge of the audit field work for a $2 billion venture capital client Interests: Golf and Karate
Address: 8360 East Ingram Circle, Mesa AZ 85207