*** **** ******** *****, ******, Illinois 60506
Motivated, approachable and outgoing professional with a strong history of customer satisfaction. Skilled in supporting complex administrative and customer service operations, assessing client and supervisor, needs and managing multiple competing priorities. Committed to the highest levels of management support, customer service and operational efficiency. Core competencies include:
Customer Service & Needs Assessment * Independent Judgment & Management Support * Office & Administrative Functions * Customer Complaint & Compliment Handling * Basic Bookkeeping/Accounting * Creating & Maintaining Confidential Records * Special Projects & Business Affairs * Keyboarding, Reports & Data Entry
UNITE HERE HEALTH, Aurora, Illinois
11/2013 to Present
Mailroom Asst./Customer Service
Sort internal and external incoming mail for distribution and dispatches outgoing mail. Maintains mailroom and related equipment. Pickup mail, sorts and delivers mail correspondence, weighs and stamps mail using automated postage equipment. Also maintains logs and receipts for registers mail and other correspondence. Performs other duties as assigned or required. Maintain and worked with UPS/USPS/FEDEX mailing system. Replacing paper, toner and fixing jams in copiers and printers. Stocking up the conferences rooms with supplies and etc. Also, keep the breakrooms stocked with coffee and etc.
FEDEX EXPRESS, Aurora, Illinois
9/1996 to 5/2012
Promoted through a series of progressively responsible positions, including courier, computer operator, customer service representative and assistant manager. Provided a high level of support to the general manager while coordinating the unloading, sorting and loading of a large volume of daily parcels/packages.
* Prepared driver schedules, processed timecards, developed attainable production goals and provided leadership and direction for distribution and driving teams (20 employees). Monitored team progress, adjusted plans and activities, and communicated
with customers regarding late/missing deliveries, damaged packages and any complaints.
* Handled a large volume of phone calls, quoting prices for package shipment, taking orders for pickups/deliveries, tracking packages for customers and addressing various inquiries.
* Delivered packages to customer homes as a delivery driver (courier), a position requiring daily customer interaction, safe driving practices, careful package handling and problem solving.
* Operated meter machines, labelers and computers to process packages and record/track shipment data; prepared monthly file backups.
* Adjusted schedules and acquired replacement staff for sick/absent employees, and supervised package handling and shipment operations to ensure top-notch quality and service controls.
OSI INDUSTRIES, Aurora, Illinois
6/1991 to 10/1996
Bookkeeping Computer Operator
Performed a mixture of back-office support and front-end customer service regarding a wide range of accounting functions and general assistance. Served as interim manager with responsibility for preparing employee work schedules and vacation schedules, and examining daily reports.
* Utilized System 36 and AS400 computers to process accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll, and prepare daily accounting reports.
* Executed daily, weekly, monthly, semi-annual and annual back-ups of all computer records, along with periodic technical troubleshooting.
KANE COUNTY CIRCUIT CLERK’S OFFICE, Batavia, Illinois
6/1986 to 6/1991
Clerk Typist II
Entered customer data regarding child support payments/obligations, traffic citations, civil cases, criminal DUI cases and felony cases. Prepared reports and backed up AS400 computer files.
NORTHWEST MISSISSIPPI JUNIOR COLLEGE, Senatobia, Mississippi
A.A.S. Data Processing 1985
Dear Hiring Administrator:
Please accept the attached resume as my expressed interest in joining your organization. I am confident that my administrative support, customer service and business skills will be assets to achieving your organization’s goals.
After considerable success as assistant manager for FedEx Express, I find myself poised to make a long-term contribution to an organization such as yours. My background includes 25 years of experience providing exceptional service to a wide range of customers while supporting the multi-faceted needs of inter-departmental personnel. I possess exceptional time management skills and an abundant resource of discipline and focus. Now, I would like to apply my considerable talents and experience to your organization’s goals, including:
*Anticipating the company's/customer's needs and coordinating all available resources.
*Researching, producing and delivering a wide range of time-sensitive projects and reports.
* Developing lasting client relationships which ensure the future of valued accounts.
Whatever the challenge, I have established a reputation for effectively getting the job done. I am capable of handling multiple complex assignments to successfully achieve company goals. In addition, I can evaluate new challenges, be prepared with alternatives and implement effective solutions as required; finding possibilities in situations where others only see obstacles. In addition, I possess certain qualifications that you may appreciate. They include:
* A successful and stable work history combining experience in data entry, order processing, inter-departmental communication, sales support and customer relations.
* Well-organized and detail-oriented to set priorities and handle multiple tasks; initiative and follow-through to assure accuracy of data and achievement of goals.
* High levels of energy and efficiency ... Punctual and dependable ... Ability to work independently and contribute in a team effort.
Realizing that such a brief summary cannot provide all the information you will need, I welcome the opportunity to speak with you personally. Thank you for your consideration.