University at Albany, Albany, NY Masters of Science, May 2018 Major: Chemistry
University at Albany, Albany, NY Bachelor of Science, Dec 2013 Major: Chemistry
Instrumental: Mass Spectrometry, HPLC, FPLC, GC-MS, FTIR, NMR, UV-Vis, CE-UV, Nucleic acid synthesizer.
Biochemical: TLC, Liquid-liquid extraction, SPE, Cell culture, Purification and isolation of Proteins and Nucleic acids, gel electrophoresis.
Organic Biochemistry, University at Albany (2013-2014)
• Synthesized nucleic acids and ligands to coordinate metals to be used as catalysts in chiral reactions.
• Primary user and maintainer of a BioAutomation MerMade 4 Nucleic Acid Synthesizer.
• Used and maintained HPLCs for the purification and analysis of Nucleic Acids.
• Mentored Undergraduate students, oversaw lab inventory and handled orders. Analytical Biochemistry, University at Albany (2014-2018)
• Probed non coding RNA and protein-RNA structures with cross-linking agents, enzymatic digestions, and LC-MS/MS bottom-up sequencing.
• Worked as part of a team to continue top-down sequencing characterization of increasingly large targets.
• Studied native protein-RNA binding in presence of small molecules by MS.
• Quantified relative amount of natural RNA modifications from total or targeted antisense pulldowns mononucleotide digests.
• Characterized and confirmed location of a disulfide bond in a 30 residue native trypsin digestion product from an isolated inteine.
• Grew, isolated, and purified proteins, RNA, and DNA from cell cultures.
• Used and maintained multiple liquid chromatography instruments not limited to a Dionex UltiMate 3000 nano flow, Varian ProStar HPLC system, and a Pharmacia FPLC. Experience in method development for multiple stationary phases including RP, IEX, SEC, and HILIC.
• Primary user and maintainer of a Thermo LTQ Orbitrap Velos mass spectrometer. Includes preventative maintenance and multiple repairs.
• Helped maintain a Bruker 12T FT-ICR and a Waters Synapt G2 mass spectrometers.
• Mentored graduate and undergraduates on how to perform MS-based experiments including sample preparation, proper experimental design/techniques, and quantitation. Publications
(1) Kelley, D.S.; Lennon, C.W.; Li, Z.; Miller, M.R.; Banavali, N.K.; Li, H; and Belfort, M. Mycobacterial DnaB helicase intein as oxidative stress sensor. Nat. Commun. (Accepted)
(2) Agustin, E.; Asare Okai, P. N.; Khan, I.; Miller, M. R.; Wang, R.; Sheng, J.; Royzen, M. A fast click-slow release strategy towards HPLC-free synthesis of RNA. Chem. Commun. 52, 1405-1408 (2016)