Daniel J. Florek
New Kensington, PA 15068
Email – email@example.com
To manage, coordinate and provide financial information to corporate management by planning, developing, interpreting and monitoring financial information for use by management and managing the activities of employees.
BSBA – Accounting
Robert Morris University
600 Fifth Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Responsible for managing, planning and analyzing all financial and accounting operations such as internal control procedures, job order costing, standard costing and variance analysis, monthly accounting processes, and ensuring accuracy of accounting records. Working knowledge of GAAP. Efficient preparation of financial statements, monthly forecasting, reporting, budgeting, and working closely with top management to achieve corporate financial goals. I am also responsible for supervising operations activities to achieve maximum expense control and productivity, as well as developing procedures and maintaining standards and policies. Highly organized and capable of handling all facets of day-to-day business. It is also my responsibility to establish relationships with banks and insurance companies.
MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, ADP Software, Peachtree, QuickBooks, Visual Financials,
Visual Manufacturing, Oracle and various others.
Related Work History
Edgar Industries (March 1998 to present)
931 Merwin Road
New Kensington, PA 15068
• Responsible for managing the accounting functions of the corporation including G/L, A/P, A/R, and payroll
• Responsible for implementing employee benefits
• Responsible for corporate investments
• Responsible job cost (80% of jobs), standard cost (20% of jobs) and variance analysis
• Close the books on a monthly basis and prepare periodic financial reporting packages
• Ensure proper controls are in place to minimize risk and ensure the accuracy of the company’s reported financial data
• Interface directly with outside auditors and taxing agencies
• Maintain and reconcile general ledger accounts
• Supervise customer invoicing and collections
• Supervise the accounts payable function
• Prepare the monthly financial reporting package
• Hire, lead, motivate and manage accounting staff
• Maintain banking relationships as well as financing corporate equipment, real estate & corporate debt.
• Coordinate annual financial audit and other audit functions with outside CPA
• Responsible for implementing and maintaining all employee benefits
• Responsible for implementing and maintaining corporate liability and workers compensation insurance
• Responsible for maintaining IT support and maintenance
Furnished upon request