William Drabing, CPA, CIA, CCEP
RECENT POSITIONS AT YAZAKI NORTH AMERICA, INC., CANTON, MI Internal Audit Manager (August 2000 – June 2011)
• Lead a team of four internal auditors. Provided training to my staff in conducting audits and other areas of professional development.
• Traveled to and led all phases of financial, operational, and compliance audits of manufacturing locations as well as various corporate departments including: finance, accounting, program management, logistics, human resources, and purchasing.
• Developed internal audit plans and procedures based on risk analysis and tailored to the specific objectives and needs of each business unit.
• Conducted internal audits of various processes identifying risks and opportunities.
• Prepared and presented audit findings and recommended countermeasures to management.
• Summarized and reported our audit team’s findings to executive management and the audit committee.
• Led the coordination with the external auditors and internal departments, committees, and individuals.
Financial Reporting Manager (July 2011 – June 2014)
• Managed four direct reports for the Transplant Business Unit.
• Coordinated with all levels of management to gather, analyze and prepare recommendations regarding financial plans, trends and operating forecasts.
• Analyzed financial information to determine financial performance and factors affecting costs and profits.
• Researched and prepared reports on direct profit, depreciation, working capital requirements, and GAAP changes.
• Led process improvements for accounts receivable, inventory, financial reporting, and accruals.
• Led monthly close process and reported financial results and explanations to stakeholders and executive management.
Sales Account Manager (June 2014 – October 2016)
• Led sales activities, including price negotiations and profit improvement plans, for two carlines.
• Developed and nurtured strong customer relationships.
• Worked with engineers to prepare and present technical information for profit improvement.
• Developed process to improve communication with manufacturing locations in four countries resulting in cost reductions and higher profit. Corporate Compliance Manager (November 2016 – Present)
• Designed and implemented improvements in the Corporate Compliance program for in five countries.
• Created annual compliance based on risk analysis.
• Initiated and coordinated global programs, maintaining positive relationships with all stakeholders.
• Provided training and guidance to internal business leaders while collaboratively working to improve reporting structure
• Led investigations for Code of Conduct violations including Conflict of Interest, Anti-Trust, Bribery, etc.
• Prepared and presented reports to Executive Management and the Board of Directors.
EARLIER WORK EXPERIENCE
Public Accountant (1997 – 2000)
Mellon, Smith, & Pivoz, CPAs, Bingham Farms, MI
Bultynck & Co, CPAs, Clinton Township, MI
• Audited manufacturing and non-profit organizations. Responsibilities included planning, conducting, and reporting the audit to the client and internal management.
• Collaboratively work with clients to individualized develop business plans and obtain financing.
• Completed tax work for individual, partnership, corporation, and non- profit organizations.
Bachelor of Arts in Accountancy (GPA 3.6/4.0), Walsh College, Troy, MI LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION
• Certified Public Account (CPA) awarded in 1999.
• Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) awarded in 2002.
• Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional (CCEP) awarded in 2017. VOLUNTEER ENDEAVORS AND PERSONAL INTERESTS
• Volunteer worker and president of the Board of Directors for “The Breakfast at St. Andrews,” a non-profit program that provides meals to the homeless and working poor (2000 – present).
• Coach for youth baseball and basketball (2004 – present).
• Treasurer for Homeowners Association (2013 – present).