https://www.linkedin.com/in/darren-dedo-a511889, Peoria, AZ (C) 480-***-**** email@example.com PROFESSIONAL SUMMARY
Recognized media personality. Award-winning communications professional with 24+ years of strengthening visibility and market presence through social media, community relations, and team building. Technologically savvy in targeting audiences, writing, research, editing and the production of communication systems.
• Corporate communications
• Marketing goals
• Branding strategy
• Public relations
• Social media platforms
• Budgeting and finance
• Project management
• Powerful negotiator
• Conflict resolution
• Extremely organized
• Client assessment
• Staff development
Bachelor's Degree: Public Relations & Marketing (Completed online weekends/evenings) Southern New Hampshire University, Manchester, NH
Bachelor's Degree: Communications (Broadcasting)
University of Washington, Seattle, WA
Senior TV News Anchor Nexstar Broadcasting Wichita, KS
• Accepted challenge to increase Kansan's viewership, develop newsworthy content, and increase community involvement to maximize company revenue and profitability.
• Led up to 20 personnel in all operations including corporate/organizational communications, social media, community/public relations, marketing campaigns, crisis intervention, charity projects and programs, and customer relations.
• Increased Kansan's viewership from 3rd Place to 1st Place within one year.
• Helped increase Twitter impressions, mentions, follows, and profile visits by 50 nearly percent.
• Increased Facebook page previews by 200 percent and Facebook page views increased 54 percent.
• Successfully used Google Analytics to track search engine optimization to increase web traffic.
• Doubled the number of Instagram followers promoting station content.
• Developed a telethon with the American Red Cross to assist hurricane victims.
• Increased community visibility through community activities, charities, and social events.
DECEMBER 2010-DECEMBER 2013
Primary Evening News Anchor Hearst Broadcasting Jackson, MS
• Worked closely with senior management to increase viewership to strengthen viewership through strategic messaging and marketing campaigns.
• Trained and mentored new journalists in on-air and web communications.
• Positioned company to first place viewership rating within one year.
• Used external communications to connect with viewers and internal communication for executing tasks with news department staff.
• Drastically increased social media web traffic through strategic search engine optimization skills.
• Achieved reputation as an "Emmy Award Winning Journalist" for evening newscasts.
• Increased brand awareness by promoting 16 WAPT as the "accountability" television network.
• Active in community events and charity work.
MAY 2005-DECEMBER 2010
Senior TV Investigative News Reporter & Anchor Tribune Media Company Seattle, WA
• Recruited to utilize investigative research skills to gather and verify information to deliver accurate, clear, and concise details for worldwide news reporting.
• Collaborated with executives and senior management to ensure station's success in communications, corporate messaging, and company visibility.
• Senior news reporter and anchor for Q13 Fox News.
• Wrote and maintained the company's internet website content.
• Promoted viewership through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
• Wrote and published a highly successful insider blog on news events around the greater Seattle area.
NOVEMBER 2001-DECEMBER 2004
Senior TV News Anchor Clear Channel Media Company Tulsa, OK
• Through strategic planning and leadership helped launch the first ever newscast at the Fox station in Tulsa.
• Worked closely with marketing staff to produce and execute a promotional campaign to reach the Northeast Oklahoma viewing area.
• Primary evening anchor for weekday newscasts on Fox23.
• Senior member of news department who was responsible for team building and leadership of the Fox brand.
• Used vast experience in media to help teach and mentor young inexperienced journalists.
• Moderator for political debates, town hall meetings, and city forums.
• Dynamic public speaker invited to give talks and speeches through the Fox23 viewing area.
• 2012 Emmy for anchoring best newscast.
• 2011 Emmy for anchoring best newscast.
• 2002 Associated Press Award, honorable mention best feature reporting.
• 2001 Emmy for best entertainment program.
• 2001 Associated Press Award, best franchise reporting.
• 2000 Associated Press Award, best feature reporting.
• 1997 Associated Press Award, best of show, anchor & producer. SOFTWARE
Google Adwords ● Adobe Suite (PS) ● Google Analytics ● InDesign ● Photoshop Omniture ● Facebook Ads ● Screaming Frog SEO ● Twitter Analytics ● SmartFocus ● MailChimp ● Shopify Intermediate: SketchUp ● Bing Ads ● Microsoft Office ● Apple ● Pinterest Analytics ● Wunderlist ● Trello ● Slack ● Instagram Insights Basic: FileZilla ● HTML COMMUNITY
* Completed Walt Disney World Marathon to raise money for American Stroke Association.
* Emcee for American Red Cross for Children's Miracle Network Telethon.
* Emcee for Muscular Dystrophy Telethon.
* Media Advocate for Colon Cancer Coalition.
* Media Advocate for American Heart Association.