Cell: 469-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org
Experienced bank teller known for delivering friendly service and personalized attention to all customers. Flawless record with handling cash flow. Looking to apply my outstanding math skills and precision in a professional and challenging environment. Contribute to achieving branch sales goals by recommending products and services that meet customer needs. Solid knowledge of banking regulations and compliance matters; adhere to security and compliance procedures for protection of cash and other assets.
Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
Friendliness, courtesy and patient with customers.
Efficiently and accurately processes customer transactions.
Works well in a fast-paced work environment.
Sound understanding of basic accounting and reconciliation principles.
Provides answers to most customer questions and escalates to the head teller when needed.
Maintains confidentiality of customers.
Good analytical and social skills.
Quick Learner of Bank product and services
Attending to inbound calls and answer them accurately.
Good in Cross selling and bringing in new accounts to Bank.
Proven math abilities especially with money.
State Bank of India, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
Customer Service Associate, January 2009 – June 2018.
Processed loan payments, deposits and withdrawals for customers.
Answered most client account questions and escalated more complex issues to supervisor.
Worked efficiently to minimize customer wait times.
Balanced cash drawer at shift end.
Greeted customers upon entry to the bank.
Processed all routine customer transactions.
Referred customers to bank services and informed them of new products.
Worked well as a team member with Credit Management Team.
Treated all customers with courtesy and respect.
Corrected client account discrepancies and made adjustments as needed.
Balanced cash drawers and answered customer questions.
Cash and check deposits, process loan expenses and open new accounts.
Maintain appropriate cash limits, cash checks and fund transfers.
Quickly established credibility with customers by remembering 40+ account numbers and thus maintaining a friendly report with customers.
Handling online banking transactions.
Selling financial services and cross selling banking products.
• Achieved excellent drawer balancing record of zero shortages or overages throughout tenure.
• Ability to complete more than 30 transactions in an hour with extreme attention in detail.
• Respond to customer account inquiries totaling to 100+ weekly accounts.
• Selected as teller to implement “express line” for single large cash transactions during peak business periods. Lowered average wait-time by 25%, leading to highest customer satisfaction scores and recommended by customer one of the best tellers in branch to Manager.
• Monitored the loan repayments by customers in a timely manner and thus stabilized the pending repayments to minimum (i.e. nearly 5% from 80% pending) in the Credit Risk Management Team.
• Created Excel Sheets for list of different customers, their loan amounts with our and different banks, their credit limits etc. in Credit Risk Management Team and thus helped the Manager to finish reports during audit and end of financial year.
The Lakshmi Vilas Bank Ltd, Karur, Tamil Nadu, India.
Customer Service Assistant, November 2007- December 2008
• Greeting customers when they come to bank and enquiring about their banking needs.
• Ability to identify customer needs and refer financial products and services.
• Processing check cashing, deposit, withdrawal and foreign exchange.
• Answering inbound calls on basic customer questions regarding interest rate and bank service.
• Opening new accounts for customers by helping them fill the corresponding forms.
• Able to speak in a relaxed and sociable manner to customers from all walks of life.
• Assisting in inputting the clearing cheques in banking software and submitting the records to clearing house.
• Balance cash drawers.
• Cross selling bank products and services.
• Recognized for drawer-count accuracy, customer service excellence and outstanding work ethic throughout the employment.
• Built rapport with customers, displaying friendly and attentive service in all interactions.
• Educated customers on online service offerings and mobile apps.
• Excelled in helping account holders access technology to enhance banking via multiple self-service channels.
• Increased the participation of existing and new customers to 80% attendance in customer meets.
Kerala Agriculture University, Trivandrum, Kerala, India.
Bachelor of Agriculture- December 2006
• Completed Bankable projects for applying for loans.
• Completed about 10-15 credit hours in Economics.
• Gained mathematical and statistical skills.
• Presentations on Microsoft PowerPoint and chart preparation using MS Excel.
ABA Bank Teller Certificate, American Bankers Association.
Completed ABA required Courses:
Banking today Dealing Effectively with Co-Workers Effective Revitalizing Customer Service
Essentials of Workplace Conduct Ethical Issues for Bankers Relationship Selling Teller
Certified Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers, Indian Institute of Banking and Finance.
Completed CAIIB required Courses:
Advanced Bank Management, Bank Financial Management, Retail Banking.
I am an H4 EAD.
Available on Request.