email@example.com www.linkedin.com/in/ritu-bhawal SUMMARY
A result-driven, focused, well-planned individual eager to learn new technologies. An excellent listener with great communication skills. A software engineer with hands-on experience in database, web application design and development, Unit testing.
M.S. in Computer Science University of Texas at Arlington, USA GPA: 3.7 May 2018 B.E. in Information Technology Bharati Vidyapeeth College of Engineering
(affiliated under University of Mumbai), India
GPA: 3.8 May 2015
• Tools: Eclipse IDE, FindBugs, Wireshark, PHPmyAdmin, Junit, Visual Studio, Git.
• Operating Systems: Windows, Linux
Software Developer at Universal Adcom, llc: November 2018 – To Present My responsibility is to maintain their software, make changes in a few functionalities as and when required. I'm the only developer working there. So the entire responsibility of the software is on me. I’m also responsible to maintain their website.
Path of light yoga studio: Fall 2017
• Designed static pages to display information about veterinary services using HTML and CSS.
• Used PHP and MySQL in the backend to validate and then save user information submitted using forms. Mutation Testing using PIT (Java) March 2017
• Used JUnit to design and develop test cases for various Java programs and ran tests to get path coverage.
• Executed the JUnit test cases as PIT Mutation Tests and achieved complete coverage. Two-Phase locking protocol: (Java) July 2017
• Simulated the behaviour of a two-phase locking protocol (rigorous 2PL with cautious wait) in Java. Simple web client and multithreaded web server application (Java) June 2017
• Implemented client-server communication using sockets. Implementation of file upload and download service using client-server model (C) September 2016
• The program has Download, Rename, Delete and Upload functionalities. Benchmarking Distributed System (Intel HiBench, Hadoop, and Spark): (Java) November 2016
• Had to set up a HiBench benchmark on a virtual machine and performed MapReduce and Spark jobs. Implementation of Totally ordered multicasting: (Java) October 2016
• Multiple processes were initialized with their individual clocks; a time daemon was selected to synchronize all the clock values of processes to set a common average of the processes using Berkley’s algorithm and implemented totally ordered multicasting using Lamport’s algorithm. Matrix Multiplication in Hadoop MapReduce, Apache Hive, Apache Pig, Apache Spark. Spring 2018
• Implemented matrix multiplication in Java, HQL, Scala and PIGLatin. This was implemented on a small data set on a local machine. Deployed this program on a big data server to multiply huge datasets and fetch the results. K-means using Hadoop MapReduce (Java) April 2018
• Implemented the K-means algorithm in Java. This application was run on a huge crime dataset. Marathi Speech to Text for Deaf Users (C#) Spring 2015
• The objective of this system was to provide a convenient platform for deaf user’s communication.