Radford University, August **** - December 2016
BA Communications, Public Relations Minor: Business and Technical Writing
• Deans List, Lambda Pi Eta National Communication Honor Society Nominee.
• Awarded scholarship of $1,000+ for demonstrating impactful leadership on campus (only one awarded per year). Experience:
Uvita Christian Academy
Uvita, Costa Rica December 2017 – December 2018
enforce classroom rules, and supervise students in the classroom. and activities to increase memory and language proficiency.
• Develop lesson plans, track student performance, report to parents,
• Teach ESL in a fun and exciting way using hands-on projects, games,
• Results: enhancing skills in management, scheduling, communication, patience, creativity, writing, and interpersonal skills. Marketing Coordinator
Reston, VA July 2017 – November 2017
• Create custom content for webcasts, email blasts, and social media initiatives touching multiple audiences.
• Plan and execute trade shows, round table discussions, lunch and learns, and briefings.
• Maintain relationships with partners to implement and promote vendor messaging and brand awareness.
• Nurture current leads through strategic and sequential marketing campaigns.
• Results: developed skills in Adobe Creative Suite, email marketing, and Excel. Public Programs and Communications Intern
Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute
Panama City, Panama March 2017 - May 2017
• Promoted the Smithsonian's global event, the Earth Optimism Summit by assisting in event coordination and creating a communications campaign that increased social media engagement by 40%.
• Created marketing materials for a national conference that STRI attended in Los Angeles including posters, advertisements, brochures, and flyers.
• Improved STRI's central website by editing content for the academic internship, fellowship, and fieldwork opportunity programs.
• Results: enhanced skills in event planning, project management, and communicating with international audiences. Marketing and Communications Intern
Smithsonian Institution, Office of Fellowships and Internships (OFI) Washington, DC May 2016 – August 2016
• Enhanced Smithsonian experience for approximately 2,000+ incoming interns, volunteers, and research associates by developing an orientation video, which can be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht-V5HKjKBA.
• Assisted in managing eight events for Smithsonian interns and research associates.
• Taught fellows and interns more about the Smithsonian by leading 10 orientation presentations in three months.
• Coordinated outreach program with 50+ museum curators called “Bridges to Independence”. This program connected homeless high schoolers in the area to business professionals within the Smithsonian network.
• Results: developed skills in content marketing, content management systems, and email marketing. Marketing and Public Relations Intern
Radford Chamber of Commerce
Radford, VA August 2015 - December 2015
• Contributed to a fundraising plan that raised over $12,000 for an annual Chamber of Commerce event.
• Created webpage that established connections between students and business organizations looking for interns, employees, and volunteers.
• Managed social media accounts Facebook and Twitter with weekly updates and business promotions.
• Results: gained experience in managing fundraisers and establishing relationships between an organization and the community. ROBIN PERKINS
48 Club Drive Stafford, VA 22554
CHECK OUT THIS LINK!
Marketing and Communications Intern
Classy Glass Jewelry
Radford, VA September 2015 – December 2015
• Assisted with jewelry promotion and sales at showcase events.
• Managed business website and initiated promotional strategies for new jewelry pieces.
• Results: increased company’s social media exposure by 70%. President
Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) Radford, VA September 2014 – May 2016
• Oversaw all chapter activities including general body meetings, events, workshops, creating agendas, proposals, and letters on behalf of the chapter.
• Results: increased attendance rate by 50% and developed fundraising plan that enabled members to attend a PRSSA National Conference in Atlanta Georgia for the first time since 2012. Volunteer:
PRSSA/PRSA National Conference Assistant
Public Relations Society of America
Atlanta, GA November 2015 – November 2015
• Assistant to guest speakers.
• Assembled ceremony dinner and after party decorations. WHUT Television, Production Assistant
Washington, DC January 2015 – January 2015
• Coordinated guest arrival on set and performed various other administrative tasks.
• Ensured necessary paperwork was signed by guest speakers and audience members. Special Skills/Other:
Languages: English, Spanish
Computer: Adobe, WordPress, E-Mail Marketing, Access, Photoshop, Microsoft Office, Social Media, Canva, Final Cut Pro Kids: 0
Travel: 24 states, 7 countries