I am a successful FICO resource with experience in different industries throughout my 25+ years of SAP experience. I have extensive hands on experience in the Design, Blueprint, Realization and GO LIVE phases of SAP Projects. I have proven ability to build, manage and foster a team oriented environment. In addition, I have a proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a proven solving environment.
Company Name MSG - Global Solutions
Location Princeton, NJ, USA
Position Principal Consultant
Timeframe April 2011 - Present
- Responsible for detail system decomposition and understanding customer processes and provide functional and technical feedback and approach for the implementation of SAP Insurance analyzer sub-ledger.
- In charged of Data Analysis for different administration systems as well as harmonization of the data to provide a Global template which will lead to integration and loading of data for insurance analyzer consumption.
- In charge of integration workshops from the Insurance Analyzer point of view to complete the FIT / GAP analysis project phase.
- Heavily involved in working with the architecture/development teams in understanding and developing interfaces, data conversions and enhancements design specifications.
- Responsible for the creation and approval of Business blueprint, and functional specifications related to interfaces, reports, enhancements and conversions for every process between customer’s systems and insurance analyzer sub-ledger.
- Responsible for the configuration of the Insurance Analyzer Sub-ledger including Base line and additional functionality require to incorporate changes based on customer’s needs.
- Responsible for the complete integration of insurance analyzer with the new SAP ECC general ledger, including new core block for financial transformation projects.
- Heavily involved in the different POC (Proof of Concept} configuration and testing which proved the Standard insurance analyzer functionality. FS-RI team leader in charge of the implementation of the reinsurance module of SAP with emphasis in collections, disbursements and integration to the SAP FI-GL.
- Responsible for the implementation of all Financial aspects of the reinsurance modules such as FS-CD, FS-RI and ensure processes work with the FI_GL standard module.
- Responsible for the complete integration of the Reinsurance module with the Business intelligence reporting tool (BW).
- Budgetary responsibility from the MSG point of view, with the different clients where the FS-RI module is being implemented in the US.
- Deployment of MSG resources either from the US or Germany to different clients where the FS-RI module is being implemented and ensure adequate coverage for data conversion, configuration, testing and training.
- Responsible for the preliminary estimation of hours and days for the different phases of the SAP FS-RI projects together with the client to come out with total dollar value for the entire project. Company Name FIRMENICH, INC.
Location Princeton, NJ, USA
Position SAP Financial Global Team Leader – Zone
Timeframe Feb 2008 – Apr 2011
- Finance team lead, in charge of coordinating and deploying FIRMENICH business Global solution in North America, Europe and Latin America.
- Responsible for the implementation of all Financial and Controlling processes while ensuring complete integration with the rest of the interdependencies with the other function modules, ( i.e. Sales and distribution, transportation, production, inventory management, demand planning, product costing and purchasing).
- Strong understanding of SAP financial reporting and responsible for complete compliance with Headquarters group finance in Geneva Switzerland.
- Responsible for the short and long term direction of the SAP Financial and Controlling systems.
- In charged of devising new process improvements and at the same time streamline SAP and financial processes to gain productivity and optimized
- Key lead individual in the creation of financial controls, policies and procedures to ensure full accountability to internal and external auditors.
- Led coordinator of training activities, including creation of training documentation and deployment of training courses related to finance.
- Responsible for the completion of the Period end closing from the Accounting and Controlling modules, for the entire SAP system, including
monitoring, order to cash, purchase to pay, forecast to stock, Finance and Controlling.
- In charged of directing and coordinating consulting resources to achieve project milestones and accomplish business goals.
- Responsible for the weekly status report on the progress of the Financial, purchase to pay and controlling streams to key business people, steering
committee and project management.
- Budgetary responsibility for the FICO module for the entire duration of the projects, including the responsibility for the accuracy of the budget in terms of consultants hours and time off.
- In charged of hiring SAP team members for the Controlling team as well as the sales and distribution and materials management. In addition to the
permanent employees I also hired FI and CO consultants to help with the US and Latin America implementations.
- In Charged of the performance reviews for the entire FICO team (7 permanents plus 3 consultants).
- Coordinated entire integration test cycles for the entire project. The integration cycles included selection of test scenarios, creation of test scripts, plan and execution of the testing phase for the projects.
- Responsible for entire cut over plan for the last two projects with FIRMENICH.
Company Name INVERNESS MEDICAL
Location Princeton, NJ, USA
Position North America SAP Manager &
Financial Accounting Team Leader
Timeframe Jun, 2006 to FEB, 2008
- Led, coordinated and deployed, Inverness Medical global integrated SAP template in our North America sites. During these implementations .I was the project manager in charge of project preparation, workshop execution, requirements gathering, Business blueprint, realization, final preparation, and Go live and support.
- Led the FICO design phase by facilitating workshops with the business to confirm requirements and review business process designs.
- Led role in the configuration of FI and CO modules. Worked with key business individuals to complete the FICO assessment, Scoping document and blueprint for every new side to be implemented.
- Accountable for the creation of the North America SAP team and responsible for the implementation of every aspect related to the support of the SAP system.
- Implemented Global SAP help-desk support in North America as part of the Inverness medical IS initiative.
- Ensured system integration between FICO and the rest of the SAP modules such as sales and distribution, production planning, inventory management management to meet internal and external reporting requirements.
- Designed and developed test plans, and the methodology for conducting test and recording the results.
Company Name INTERNATIONAL FLAVORS AND FRAGRANCES INC. Location Union Beach, NJ, USA
Position SAP Senior Business Engineer – FICO
Timeframe Jan 2006 - June 2006
- Responsible for the development, maintenance, enhancement and support of business processes in the FICO area, providing specialized business process and SAP R/3 knowledge to projects.
- Accountable for design, maintain and enhance business processes and models.
- Responsible for design, maintain and enhance consistent Finance solutions.
- Configured SAP to support new and enhanced processes.
- Developed and maintained the scripts and documentation of the business processes and process modules.
- Assisted the application development team in the development of interfaces, data conversions and forms, reports and enhancements design specifications.
- Supported site implementation teams with the definition of roles and responsibilities, one-time conversions and data clean up, interfaces, training, on site post-implementation support.
- Evaluated new releases and functionality and recommended on the appropriateness for IFF.
- Project responsibility for every Finance related project requested by the business users.
Company Name AMERICAN STANDARD CORPORATION
Location Piscataway, NJ, USA
Position SAP Project Manager Financial Accounting Team Leader Timeframe Sep 1997 - Jan 2006
- Project manager in charge of implementation of the SAP R/3 system release 4.6 C, for North America, Europe and Latin America.
- Responsible for supporting the operational needs of Finance while improving supporting process analysis and system integration.
- FICO lead responsible for design, realization, testing and post Go-Live support.
- Led role in the configuration of FI and CO modules. Worked with different user groups to understand the business process, doing gap analysis, and performing configuration as needed.
- Led role in the design and implementation of mapping of SAP General Ledger accounts to specific categories in the HYPERION system. In addition, I was heavily involved in the designed and implementation of the SAP interface load into HYPERION to automate the HYPERION external reporting system.
- Heavily involved in working with the architecture/development team in understanding and developing interfaces, data conversions and enhancements design specifications.
- Led the effort to Blueprint the FICO module for handling American Standard projects.
- Supported the General Ledger, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable modules, suggesting and implementing process improvements.
- Led the system / integration test team involved in testing the developed collaborations. Designed and developed test plans, test scenarios and the methodology for conducting test and recording the results.
- In charged of Data transfer from current operating system to SAP, as well as reconciliation of data with business people.
- Created Training documentation and trained end users in the actual use of the SAP R/3 system.
Company Name BROTHER INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION
Location Piscataway, NJ, USA
Position Accounting Manager / Member of the FI SAP Finance Team
Timeframe Sep 1988 - Aug 1997
- Implemented SAP R/3 Financial system.
- Provided in-house training to key finance personnel on different aspects of the SAP R/3 implementation.
- Preparation of monthly Consolidated Financial Statements, including divisional Profit and Loss statements of US subsidiaries.
- Assisted with the year-end audit within Brother International deadlines.
- Supported accounting functions for Brother International Subsidiaries in Latin America.
- Supported preparation of Consolidated Balance Sheet and Statements of earnings involving Latin American Subsidiaries
BA in accounting and Finance from - Rutgers University – Newark, NJ – 1984, GPA = 3.2 Skills
SAP (S4/HANA FINANCE (Boot Camp), ECC 5.0 and 6.0, FS-RI 7.0, BW 7.4, Business Intelligence, Solution Manager, SAP Insurance Analyzer, SAP Financial Product Sub-ledger (FPS ), SAP PaPM
( SAP-FS-PER ),Business Objects explorer, Design Studio, Hyperion, proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point, and Microsoft Visio for creating client ready presentations and documentation. Excellent communication leadership and management skills.