617-***-**** • firstname.lastname@example.org
Accomplished engineer with over 15 years of hands-on experience offering extensive knowledge of debugging and troubleshooting, customer support for multiple design systems, quality control, medical equipment, scanning electron microscopy and x-ray microanalysis, ion implanters, substation Grid (voltage regulation), diagnostics testing, etch and wafer storm semiconductor equipment, training and mentoring.
Northeastern University, Boston, MA
Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering Technology
VEECO INSTRUMENTS, Horsham, PA (2017)
Field Service Engineer
Conduct onsite installation and troubleshooting advance deposition etch and wafer storm semiconductor equipment at customer sites.
Travel more than 80 percent of the time
Train users, on how to utilize equipment, improving experience and overall customer satisfaction
Perform upgrade as required
Perform detailed analysis of tools logs, including pareto analysis of tool failures and pivot chart analysis reporting
Display commitment to resolve problems and make decisions based upon the priority of the problem in relation to business need.
Experience on both vacuum equipment and wet processing in a cleanroom manufacturing environment
Experience with fluid systems
AMERICAN SUPERCONDUCTOR, Devens, MA (2014 – 2017)
Field Service Engineer
• Achieved 100% system availability over the operating period (approximately a year) by closely monitoring and promptly addressing issues saving the company costly travels and warranty replacements. Improvements also resulted in repeat sales with the affected customers. Reducing annual maintenance cost for these sites by 70%.
Authored reports and documentation of field service activity that helped the company reduce time to troubleshoot and repair faulty systems, thereby reducing travel cost.
Trained and mentored three other engineers in understanding the DVAR system and enhanced their ability to quickly diagnose and bring system to proper operating condition.
Performed site surveys as requested by Project Managers and Applications Engineers.
• Performed site Power Quality testing and prepare reports for external clients or internal AMSC Sales and Marketing Department.
• Performed failure analysis and root cause studies of premature component failures and formulate the actions necessary to match component reliability.
• I did on-site commissioning of D-VAR (voltage regulation), PQ-SVC systems and inverter components and control electronics for domestic and international customers (EU, Australia, Africa, US and Canada).
• Assisted Engineering. & Manufacturing with factory testing of new units.
• Assisted Sales & Marketing team with the new product development process. Present FS suggestions to corporate, based on knowledge of system operations at customer sites to improve product or reduce costs.
Gerald Milord 2
• Responsible for modifying documentation pertaining to each customer unit including schematics, user manuals, safety practices, etc, to reflect actual site/installation conditions.
• Ability to specify, review, and implement specialized maintenance procedures for field installations.
• Managed the field change order process for the FS Dept.
• Monitored customer units using the DAS (Database Acquisition System) and remote monitoring systems as Predictive Maintenance tools to foresee problems and develop solutions before they affect the customer. Interact with customer representative to solve problems that need to be handled remotely. As necessary, travel to the customer site to maintain high reliability.
• Provided written communications regarding customer units. Produce, distribute, and maintain files containing service reports after each on-site visit. Maintain files and write monthly reports for each unit detailing carryovers. Produce and distribute weekly reports to ASC management on current field service activities.
FEI (Formerly Aspex), Delmont, PA (2012 - 2014)
Regional Field Service Engineer
•Conducted on-site installation of complex equipment scanning electron microscope (SEM) and followed testing procedures, troubleshooting and performing preventative maintenance to ensure proper working order.
•Conducted on-site scheduled maintenance visits.
•Supported customers and other field service personnel by troubleshooting and reducing errors with screening electron microscopic.
•Traveled within the United States and Canada to visit customer sites in order to resolve problems and support other field services.
•Trained users, on how to utilize equipment, improving experience and overall customer satisfaction.
•Identified software and hardware problems; & recommended solutions to engineers that were ultimately implemented and which improved final product.
•Proactively revised, and composed documentation on various FEI systems.
•Provided input for various reports which included identifying and isolating unique problems within the system.
AXCELIS TECHNOLOGIES, INC., Beverly, MA (2008 - 2012)
Senior Field Service Engineer
•Led all phases of final testing, both on and off-site. Traveled internationally to install and test ion implanter and electro-mechanical systems for proper operation.
•Utilized high-vacuum and robotic functions; performed machine calibrations, and led factory testing and field installations.
•Built and assembled semiconductor equipment according to engineering drawings and specifications.
•Utilized test and diagnostic equipment to perform checkouts; rebuilt semiconductor equipment as required.
NOKIA, Burlington, MA (2005 - 2008)
Senior Telecommunication Security Equipment
•Built and maintained prototype systems for all cross-functional teams including hardware, software, compliance, software quality assurance, and test engineering.
•Supported engineering design team for Hoplite, Dual Copper and Misti by performing and documenting DVT testing.
•Managed complete cycle of testing and support for functional prototype systems, including interface compliant measurement, offsite (phase II) compliance testing, distributing all prototype systems to internal customers, and tracking location, destination, and status of all systems.
•Conducted long and short-term extended temperature testing, and SW team in O-scope & analyzer probing.
•Supported on-going sustaining qualifications (Fujitsu 80G HDD, IP130 Japan power supplies, IP130 RoHS Power Supply, compact Flash, etc.).
Gerald Milord 3
ACCESS CARDIO SYSTEMS, Concord, MA (2001 - 2005)
•Oversaw testing, debugging, documentation, and customer support of defibrillator product.
•Performed diagnostics and troubleshooting of analog and digital printed circuit boards to component level.
•Implemented corrective action and disposition of non-conforming materials.
•Supported process function of test department, trained and mentored test technicians, and provided technical assistance to process development and engineering personnel.
•Identified and streamlined process improvements for all prototypes, fixtures, and testing equipment.
•Monitored, maintained, and set up test equipment, including in-house test fixtures and analog circuit breadboards from schematics.
•Provided customer service on use and troubleshooting of defibrillators via telephone; evaluated, diagnosed and repaired malfunctioning equipment in response to service calls.
LUCENT TECHNOLOGIES, Westford, MA (1996 - 2001)
Associate Hardware Design Engineer
•Assisted in developing hardware specification and captured schematics.
•Interacted and worked closely with layout vendor in regard to critical component placement on the PCB.
•Performed initial prototype debug and system integration in lab.
•Effectively interacted with vendors on a daily basis to coordinate, direct, and guide projects utilizing appropriate technology.
•Collaborated with cross-functional teams meeting.
•Developed and performed card-level hardware verification (HVT) tests.
•Assisted in developing 32 Port T1/E1 frame relay module and physical interface to successful manufacturing release including:
•Telecommunication (T1/E1 physical layer)
•Captured schematic, specified critical component placement/layout
•Performed initial prototype debug and system integration in lab
•Collaborated with principal engineer in developing 12 Port T1/E1 Frame Relay module and physical interface card from early stages of the development to release for production.
•Worked closely with other engineers in developing Frame Relay/Ethernet modules from early stages of development to manufacturing release.
•Utilized Viewlogic Netlist verification and layout.
•Performed prototype debugging and system integration in lab.
•Verified and implemented new power supply design by bread boarding it for the data processing card.
•Performed card level hardware verification (HVT) test plan/results for power supply.