Laurel, Maryland 20724
I want to further my engineering career in the field of Environmental Engineering. I have been teaching High School Mathematics for the past 5 years. Although I have enjoyed my tenure, I feel as though I can better build into the community as an engineer by gaining experience and knowledge, and passing that knowledge along to build up and inspire a younger generation. Experience
Prince George’s County Public Schools (PGCPS) 08/2012 - Current
● Secondary Teacher: Mathematics, Chemistry, and Special Education.
● Create lesson and unit plans and teach four 70-minute classes each day.
● Update and create Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) for students with learning disabilities.
● Communicate regularly with parents, teachers, professional school counselors, school psychologist, assistant principles, pupil personnel workers, and other staff while periodically assessing students achievement as needed using the Woodcock Johnson Test of Achievement III and IV.
Naval Surface Warfare Center, Carderock Division (NSWCCD) 08/2011 - 08/2012
● Chemical/Environmental Engineer
● Perform research on the efficiency and effectiveness of a high-shear rotary membrane system in order to justify the replacement of existing systems aboard naval vessels. The duties involve collecting and analyzing data, cleaning and replacing membrane filters, modifying standard operating procedures, and creating technical drawings. Education
Notre Dame of Maryland University 05/2012 - Current Master of Arts in Leadership in Teaching (graduating in Fall 2018) University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) 08/2008-05/2011 Bachelors of Science in Chemical Engineering (ABET Accredited) Volunteer and Community Service
On two occasions I did non-profit volunteer service for 1 month each stay in the Dominican Republic. I was able to help construct two houses starting with the foundation, which involved strenuous manual labor. I was often tasked with supervising both the locally-hired workers as well as the visiting volunteer groups in order to maintain safety, quality, a timeline standards. I used my intermediate Spanish skills to communicate effectively with those I interacted with to complete the two projects. Skills
● Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), AutoCAD
● Languages: English and working knowledge in Intermediate Spanish PE, FE, IET, CHEMICAL, ENVIRONMENTAL, ABET, ENGINEERING, 10, 5