MEDICAL BILLING SUPERVISOR - DR. VALERIE H. BOULWARE McDonough, GA 30253 email@example.com 540-***-****
Motivated medical billing and coding specialist with over 10 years' experience in health operations management, billing, and coding. Expertise in ICD-9 and ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS coding. Highly skilled in analyzing and validating patient information, diagnoses, and billing data. Demonstrated leadership skills that enable the processing of high volumes of patient information to achieve revenue generation goals.
Core Qualifications ICD-9 and ICD-10 Coding HMOs and Medicare Operations Management Quality Assurance and Auditing CPT and HCPCS Coding Medical Billing Medical Records Management Patient Confidentiality Authorized to work in the US for any employer
MEDICAL BILLING SUPERVISOR DR. VALERIE H. BOULWARE August 2006 to Present
• Oversee daily Billing Department functions, including medical coding, charge entry, claims, payment posting, and reimbursement management. • Examine patients' encounter forms to verify diagnosis codes, and reconcile codes against services rendered. • Accurately input procedure and diagnosis codes into billing software to generate invoices. • Used electronic charge capture practices such as billing and account receivables (BAR) system and medical billing clearinghouse accounts to submit codes • and invoices on time. • Follow up on past due invoices and delinquent accounts to reduce number of unpaid and outstanding balances. • Document patient data and medical records, and perform routine medical record audits to comply with insurance company requirements. • Uphold and reinforce compliance with hospital policies and federal regulations such as HIPAA.
• Scheduling patient appointments, completing reminder calls, and misc. duties.
• Work on Visionary and Valant scheduling systems.
CLIENT COORDINATOR CENTER FOR BRIEF COUNSELING - Fredericksburg, VA May 2004 to May 2005
• Scheduled patient appointment.
• Credentialing the therapist, counselors, and doctors.
• Posting payment and charges received form the insurance company and patient.
• Greeting the patient and assisting them with any problem and concern that they may have.
• Verifying that the patient has insurance and what type
• Opening and Closing the office.
ASSOCIATE in Computer Information Sciences ECPI COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY November 200