Snellville, GA ****9
Experienced business office manager with talents focused on medical practice bringing 15+ years of leadership success. Key contributor impacting the operations and budgeting, staffing and resource needs. Exhibit superior planning and organizational skills with the ability to establish goals and lead teams to deliver optimal results.
Abeo Corporation September 2015 – Present
● Manage day to day office functions.
● Coordinate anesthesia billing services for 5 Atlanta clients. Provided support and set expectations for daily interactions.
● Manage 8 staff members.
● Process claims for anesthesia and pain medicine clients.
● Address patient complaints via telephone and/or correspondence.
● Oversight of claim denials.
● Manage daily deposits.
Greater G winnett I nternal M edicine, S nellville, G A September 2010 - November 2014 Medical Office Coordinator
● Directed, planned and coordinated the daily operations of the clinical and front office activities while ensuring superior customer service and quality.
● Developed guidelines for prioritizing work activities, evaluated effectiveness and shifted workloads to maintain appropriate staffing levels.
● Assisted in sourcing and hiring clerical and clinical staff of 9 for practice of 3 providers.
● Scheduled patient office visits and ancillary services.
● Performed medical insurance verification. Processed and complied with medical records requests within time requirements.
● Maintained the online appointment request queue.
● Ensured timeliness and accuracy of charge entry by constant oversight of payor requirements and quality review.
● Improved practice account receivables and reduced denials by 50%. Monitored and updated credentialing process for providers.
● Addressed and resolved patient complaints.
● Managed payroll and supply needs within budget guidelines. EmoryHealthcare Atlanta, GA March 1990 - July 2010
● Integral part of the IDX conversion team to reorganize and prepare for billing system conversion
● Participant of the Emory Healthcare ‘Waits & Delays’ Collaborative
● Orchestrated the roll out of an electronic insurance eligibility process
● Develop policies and procedures for Emory Healthcare Patient Financial Services
● Oversight of the Charity Care/Community Benefit policy
● Proficient with IDX / GE PMS, Windent PMS, Windows software applications and Lotus Notes Office Manager, Emory Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery March 2007- July 2010
● Managed billing, claims and collections for four Oral Surgeons, 17 Residents and 10 staff.
● Oversight of daily operations to provide outstanding customer service by creating a positive work environment.
● Prepared and processed budgets, project proposals and departmental goals for section leadership.
● Installed and converted A/R to independent practice management software system.
● Negotiated 3- 4 managed care contracts annually.
● Scheduled office visits, outpatient procedures and inpatient hospital procedures.
● Coordinated inventory and cost management plans.
● Designed and spearheaded marketing and outreach initiatives.
● Developed and executed policies and procedures.
Project Manager, Patient Financial Services April 2006 - March 2007
● Coordinated the strategic planning process and monitors progress by meeting planning, recording milestones and outcome impact.
● Worked in collaboration with EHC HR, Administration, IT, vendors and departmental functional experts for project implementation needs.
● Exercised ability to manage competing demands with multiple projects.
● Organized and maintained varied meetings and committees within PFS. Manager, Patient Financial Services July 2001 - April 2006
● Planned, organized and directed all aspects of Financial Clearance to ensure timely reimbursement for professional inpatient and outpatient services at EHC.
● Managed and coordinated the daily activities for up to 60 personnel.
● Implemented eCommerce insurance verification system.
● Exhibit strong understanding of HIPAA transactions.
● Actively communicated with end-users and upper management to solicit ideas, problem solve and implement resolutions compatible to workflow and system integration. Quality Analyst, Patient Financial Services J une 1999 - July 2001
● Performed quarterly audits of IDX billing systems for the section Front Desk and satellite clinics by data extraction and reviewed scheduling and claim outcomes as well as onsite visit observation.
● Advised & provided oversight to satellite clinics by monitoring registration, charge entry, billing and collection activities as well as identified training needs. 2
● Developed course materials and training curriculum.
● Evaluated existing policies and procedures and engaged leadership of creation of new policies. Executive Assistant, Patient Financial Services January 1995 - June 1999
● Direct report to Director of PFS and Clinic Administration.
● Served as codirect for management of customer service and patient complaints.
● Handled all aspects of identified VIP/Special Handling patient accounts.
● Provided business office support to the Claims and Risk management and Patient Relations departments.
● Received and executed the review/approval processes of the Charity Care/Community Benefit policy. Lead Account Analyst, Patient Financial Services March 1990 - January 1995
● Batched and posted insurance and personal payments and executed adjustment and refund requests.
● Provided direct supervision and training for 16 personnel.
● Audited patient accounts.