firstname.lastname@example.org LinkedIn Profile: Fayyaz Talib Senior Power BI Developer with a track of delivering innovative and advanced technological solutions with aim to increase systems efficiency
• Over 14 years of experience as a BI analyst, Integration Engineer with most experience related to databases development, ETL and query optimization
• Experience across entire Microsoft BI suit of products including SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
• Experience with Power BI Dashboard/Report, Data Warehouse, Data Modeling and Data Integration.
• Experience in Logical modeling using the Dimensional Modeling techniques such as Star Schema and Snow Flake Schema. Experience in creating multidimensional cubes using SSAS (SQL Server Analytical Services) and OLAP (Creating Cubes) including interfaces with BIDS.
• Hands on with query optimization covering T-SQL queries using Store Procedure, Dynamic SQL, joins, Views, User defined functions, Triggers, Cursors, DML, DDL.
• Experienced in developing, implementing, monitoring and maintaining the Data Warehouse ETL processes in various industries like Financial, Supply Chain Management and Retail
• 8 years of extensive experience on Oracle Database development and Production Support
• Implemented variety of small and large-scale projects. Strong team player. Have delivered as a team member, team lead and as independent consultant
• Good communication and leadership skills
TOOLS & TECHNOLOGIES:
• BI Reporting Tools: Power BI, Reporting Services (SSRS), Power Pivot
• Tools: MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Analysis Services (SSAS)
• Databases: Oracle, MS SQL, My SQL
• Development Skills: Oracle Forms & Reports, T-SQL, DAX EXPERIENCE
SYSTEMS LIMITED Aug 2012 – AUG 2018
Led the following projects while working at Systems Limited: Kellwood, Los Angeles, CA
Lead Business Intelligence Analyst
• Kellwood is a leading apparel Wholesaler. Complete cycle of project included Extract data from OLTP, Transform, Load in Data warehouse, Cube process and Reports.
• Interacting with Business users, gathering and analyzing requirements
• Designed SSIS packages and enhanced the existing using various transformations
• Developed T-SQL queries, stored procedures and functions to retrieve data from Dynamics AX 2012 Database
• Developed Data Warehouse and Data Mart database design and Support, Extraction - Transformation a Loading (ETL) Processing, Parallel Processing, Cube, and Partition Processing.
• Monitored BI daily batch Job cycle and resolving day to day BI production issues.
• Worked on all phases of data warehouse development, from gathering requirements, implementation, testing, training and support.
MS SQL Server 2012, MS SQL Server Integration/ Reporting/ Analysis Services, Visual Studio 2012 2
Revlon, New York
BI Project Lead
• Application Design & Development, Requirement Analysis & Design, Framework Development, Research & Development tasks.
• Team Management, Work Estimation, Work Allocation, Client Communication and Status Reporting. Supervised a team of 6 individuals having job titles Senior Software Engineer and Software Engineer Environment:
MS SQL Server 2012, MS SQL Server Integration/ Reporting/ Analysis Services, Visual Studio 2012 and MS Project
Kate Spade, New York
• The objective of project is to integrate Micros Xstore with retail and financial applications
• Interaction with Business users, gathering and analyzing requirements
• Led team to develop, test, integration, implementation and support of MICROS-Retail Xstore POS using SSIS
• Developed SSIS Pakages to extract data from disparate sources (SQL Server, Oracle Excel)
• Led development, support and QA teams
• Providing 27*7 Production Support
Oracle Database 10g, Oracle Forms 6i, MS SQL Server 2012, MS SQL Server Integration/ Reporting/ Analysis Services, Visual Studio 2012
Barneys, New York
BI Project Lead
• The objective of the project is to design, develop and customize Micros Xstore reports. Client upgraded their POS from Micros Tradewind to Micros-Retail Xstore POS
• Responsible to interact with client to get the requirements analyze and design reports Environment:
MS SQL Server 2012, Crystal Reports and Jasper Reports Punjab Group of Colleges
BI Project Lead
• Worked as Senior BI Analyst and Team Lead on this project.
• Led the team for design and development of reporting data module. Deploy Dynamics AX default cubes using Analysis Services Project. Developed complex calculated measures using DAX.
• Extensively used Power BI visualizations like KPIs, Charts, Matrix, Slicers, Tree Maps etc. in Power BI reports. Handel complex business needs to accommodate in Power BI environment. Environment:
Power BI, MS SQL Server 2012
NETSOL TECHNOLOGIES LIMITED July 2008 – AUG 2012
Worked on the following projects while working at Netsol Technologies: State Bank of Pakistan
Development Team Lead
• Led the team to develop and maintain the client’s applications
• We were responsible to provide web-based access to all financial institutions government agencies to critical information related to Credit Risk Management
• Credit-worthiness of the borrowers to assist financial institution in their lending decisions to overcome the risk of default.
Oracle Database 9i, Oracle Forms & Reports 9i and Oracle Application Server 10g, Java, MySQL and Jasper Reports
CIB Data Warehouse
• The purpose of CIB Data Warehouse was to build real-time Data Warehouse by extracting data from multiple source systems and making operational data available for decision support system and analytical reporting.
• I worked as a DW/BI developer
Oracle Database 9i, OBIEE 10g and OWB 10g
Hospital Management Information System (HMIS)
• HMIS covers the day to day back office to front office operations of the hospital ranging from patients to the stakeholders of the hospital ensuring proper management of hospital administration ensuring a best possible Return on Investment.
• Develops database solutions by designing proposed system
• Provides database support by coding utilities, responding to user questions, and resolving problems Environment:
Oracle Database 10g, Oracle Developer Suite 10g, CA Erwin Data Modeler STOCK EXCHANGE LIMITED LAHORE OCT 2006 – JULY 2008 Smart Stock System
• Purpose of Smart Stock System (SSS) was to build a multi-user broker Back-Office system capable of intranet as well as internet access through a web browser.
• The system can manage the entire lifecycle of information and processing relating to broker clients and their trading activities.
• I worked as a Senior Oracle Developer
Oracle Database 10g, Oracle Developer Suite 10g, Oracle Application Server 10g WIZMEN SYSTEMS Jan 2004 – OCT 2006
• Wiz ERP is proprietary ERP Software Solution of Wizmen Systems which has been built in Oracle Database 8i and Oracle Developer 6i. I was part of team for implementing ERP for few leading textile industries of Pakistan.
• I worked on different client’s project as an Oracle developer Environment:
Oracle Database 8i and Form and Report 6i
• Master of Computer Science, INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES (2003) AWARDS
• Performance Excellence Award from Netsol Technologies Limited – 2009
• Employee of Month Award from Systems Limited – 2017 CERTIFICATION
• Microsoft Exam 70-767: Implementing a Data Warehouse