Ngan Thuy Nguyen
• Epic Certification in Willow Ambulatory
• Epic Certification in Willow Inventory
• Willow inpatient, Willow outpatient, and Willow Inventory certified credential trainer
• Certified Pharmacy Technician
• IV certified
Clinical Research Associate with Oncology Neuroblastoma team
• 15+ years as a Healthcare Systems in Pharmacy
• 2+ years of working with Epic Pharmacy modules (Willow Ambulatory and Willow Inventory)
Supported 2 EPIC go live event at Cook Children’s Medical Center and Hurst Urgent Care
• Epic Willow Root Cause analysis and Issue Resolution w Sherlock
• Epic Rx Business Process Integration and Improvement with third party software (IVR, POS, Automated
• Epic Rx integration and support with Texas Regulatory Division
• Interdepartmental collaboration with Epic Rx operational process integration (security, Rx label printing, client configuration and installation)
• Documentation of Rx Epic workflows and practices for users
• Develop and executing test scripts that thoroughly exercise Epic Rx system upgrades
• Identify tasks for the implementation of solutions in support of business objectives
• Ensure activities are aligned between business and IT strategies
• Manage the implementation of pharmacy projects and change requests for various pharmacy systems
• Develop business needs analysis to provide both justification for changes requested by business and efficiently communicate the business requirements to pharmacy staff, technical team or vendor
• Assist and support the training of clinical staff and other IT employees.
• Coordinate user application training needs with the Learning Resource Center.
• Implementing, Supporting and Maintaining Cook’s Children Retail Pharmacy applications and upgrades (QS1, RelayHealth, ReconRx, Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy, Morris & Dickson, Emporos-POS, Surescripts, TCGRX Beacon Automation)
• Provides 24 hr on call rotation support for Pharmacy Applications and Automation
• Primary Business Resource for Development and Support for Pharmacy Reporting
• Investigating High Priority data inconsistencies and validation in accordance with critical Pharmacy
• Administrator for District wide Report Scheduling and Distribution
• Report Development, Issue Resolution and Operational Maintenance/Support:
• Report Development for Pharmacy Drug Utilization Requests and analytical reports utilizing Business
• Engaging Pharmacy end users to understand workflows and make recommendation for operational reporting
Experienced using Meditech EMR, Athena out patient EMR, In patient Omnicell, and DoseEdge IV prep program.
• Primary business and technical resource for ambulatory pharmacy on Rx Report Requirements gathering, design, creation, testing and data validation for pharmacy clinical and financial data.
•Maintained/Create users security for Willow team.
•Assist in training end users on how to utilized the application.
• Investigating element and measure data issues in PRD Rx reporting for BI pharmacy universe
• Working with direct Epic resources for problem intervention and high level problems and development items
• Primary resource for Report2Web report support, profile creation hardware and software updates and migrations.
•Working interdepartmentally with various epic care and finance reporting teams to insure successfully report delivery according to detailed end user specifications for report scheduling.
•Can performed all duties related to a Pharmacy Technicians.
•Have participate in many Neuroblastoma study cases as a Clinical Research Associates along-side Principle Investigator and Clinical Coordinators at Cook.
Cook’s Children Medical Center, Fort Worth, TX 682-***-****
11/2016 – Present Cook's Children Medical Center, Fort Worth, TX
Application System Analyst Willow Ambulatory and Inventory (Pharmacy Operations)
•Excellent communication skills working with other applications and third party vendors to fulfill and achieve customer satisfaction during and after implementation.
•In-depth at developing, testing, maintaining, installing applications and related information technologies that is related to the applications I support.
•I have great knowledge of Willow Ambulatory and Inventory application and is not limited to just my application. I thrive to learn more about how other application work to better support my customers. I take on any chances that is offer to learn more.
•I represent my team by being involved with other work group like ARL, Users and Security, SER Lead, Billing lead, and certified as a Credential Trainer.
•Build out the complete Willow Ambulatory and Willow Inventory for Cook Retail pharmacy to integrate with Professional billing and Cook Children organization.
•Provides Analysis of Business and Management problems in terms of system and user department requirements. Provides ongoing support for implemented applications
•Scope: Impacts computer systems through the Division of Pharmacy
•Consults with Division of Pharmacy for problems definition and management requirements
•Analyzes source documents, database structure and management report requirements
•Coordinates systems improvements between Information Systems and/or vendors and clients in the
•Division of Pharmacy.
•Provides necessary documentation and consultation of implementation system.
•Develop support documents and assist in the ongoing support of application after implementation
•Develop project plans in conjunction with clients for assigned projects
•Provide on call support for Pharmacy Applications
February 2016 – Oct 2016 Cook's Children Medical Center, Fort Worth, TX 682-***-****
Clinical Research Associate H/O support
•Screens for registry, biology (tissue/blood/bone marrow) and other non-treatment trials as appropriate. Assists with the performance of study assigned tests as appropriate (i.e. ECGs, Spirometry). Participates in subject follow-up activities including visits and phone calls as appropriate. Coordinate research activities for all patients off treatment and continuing into the follow-up portion of trials.
•Communicates effectively and professionally with patients/participants, investigators, Medical Center/System departments, study sponsors and RAO team members. Maintains confidentiality of patient information as well as protected sponsor information. Serves as an interactive team member for care teams. Prepares information as requested by individual teams. Notifies pertinent research team members of new information when provided by sponsor. Ensures effective verbal/written communication occurs with CRA team members for subject/study information transfer for hand off in study coverage.
•Documents and updates study activities in designated study management tools with accuracy, legibility, completeness, verifiability and timeliness. Maintains up-to-date awareness of protocols and regulatory expectations. Collaborates with team to ensure maintenance and entry of data for registry and biology trials. Responds to queries appropriately and timely. Assists in providing education to the research team on protocol requirements as needed. Participates in continuing education to maintain professional and technical knowledge. Develops tools as needed for optimal information tracking and reporting.
•Coordinates schedule of visits and is available for sponsor monitors or other auditors. Participates as required on site audits including internal RAO audits, CCHCS internal compliance audits, sponsor monitoring visits or audits, or other governmental audits.
•Collaborates with Regulatory to ensure IRB approval prior to initiation of any study. Reviews approved/acknowledged information submitted to IRB as needed for thorough understanding of study expectations and updates. Collects and monitors adverse events for subjects.
•Assists with study start up activities including study feasibility assessments, site selection activities. Communicates protocol specific requirements to the research team and ancillary department teams. Registers participants as required by study upon verification of completed consent and eligibility requirements.
•Assists with weekly prep for all team designated clinical trials.
•Other research related task as assigned.
•I'm in the process improvement team, help revise and create SOP for research.
July 2011- February 2016 Cook's Children Medical Center, Fort Worth, TX 682-***-****
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Clinical Technician)
•Primary duties are to assist Unit base Pharmacists in H/O and Neuro floor with admissions, discharges, reorders, collect and enter in TPNs, Med Rec, and daily work orders.
•Made sure that patient's transition to and from the units are as seamless as possible.
•Work very close with the nurses, providers, case manager, educators, and social workers on the floors to make sure that our patient receives the most expedite and best of care during their stay here at Cooks Children.
•Making daily compound as needed, getting patient med ready to be deliver on time, replenish omnicell on a daily basis, and taking multiple phone calls daily.
•Assist RPH on issues like missing medication, take homes for patients, and all other issues as it pops up during the shift.
•Trained in IV, Narcotics, Chemo, compounding, and PO areas.
•Worked graveyard shift so has knowledge of all parts of the pharmacy.
April 2006- July 2011 Next Rx Inc./Express Scripts, Fort Worth, TX 817-***-****
Pharmacy Technician (Quality Assurance/Correction Dept)
•Duties include data entry for new prescription and dispensing of medications.
•Conduct daily audits to make sure dispensing machine is functioning correctly.
•Worked in correction que as QA tech, helped correct all errors made by tech and changes requested by Pharmacists.
•Help with yearly inventory and organization of medications in the pharmacy.
•Made daily calls to Dr's office to verify prescriptions and to obtain Prior Authorization with insurance companies.
•Process renewal request for MD office and assisted in prescription verification.
•Takes multiple phone calls, and make out bound calls to give update on status of orders to patient
April 2003- April 2006 Medco Health Solution Texas, Irving and Fort Worth location 817-***-****
Pharmacy Technician and Special Care Pharmacy Rep (Lead)
•Does data entry for new RXs entering the pharmacy, and make Dr calls to verify prescriptions.
•Solve customer's complaints and concerns.
•Took care of turn around for several department and does daily report for supervisor.
•Work in Special care pharmacy as lead, handle high cost and injectable medications.
•Handle Eligibility and Prior Authorization for Specialty Dept.
Oct 2001- Nov 2002 Eckerd, Arlington, TX
•Assist customer with check out
•Data entry of prescriptions
•Calling insurance company to verify coverage and prior authorization
Education and Certifications
Tarrant County College
Associates in Art and Science
•Certified Pharmacy Technician
•Epic Willow Ambulatory Certified
•Epic Willow Inventory Certified
•Certified credential trainer for Willow in and out Patient
NVT 2018 - update