Chris Paradiso firstname.lastname@example.org
Wholesale Insurance Broker/Underwriter/Retail Agent (if opportunity presents itself) PROFESSIONAL PROFILE:
Passionate, hard- working expert with a blend of experience in partnering with agents from various positions, backgrounds & skill levels
A vast work history that shows flexibility in a variety of situations Strong ability to effectively delegate tasks, interact with many different departments, address the needs of others and find solutions to the wide array of issues encountered by retail agents on a daily basis PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE/CAREER ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
NIF Group, Manhasset, NY 2015-present
Commercial Lines Underwriter
● Examine and evaluate documents such as application forms, inspection reports, financial report, products brochures, company referral agreements, and other pertinent documents to determine degree of risk, underwriting and market selection
● Accept, Reject, Classify, price and bind insurance risk within granted underwriting authority.
● Prepare submission for rating and handling by the underwriting assistant staff.
● Effectively communicate orally, in writing, and electronically with agent or broker clients, company underwriters, assistant underwriters and management to obtain additional information, quote rates, present proposals, explain company underwriting policies and coverage offerings, as well as servicing existing accounts.
● Perform Risk Selection and analysis (including documentation) pricing, and sale of individual account/risk to broker clients.
● Work independently, within company/agency granted authority levels and carrying out assignments completion with minimum supervision.
Southern Insurance Underwriters, Winter Park, FL 2013-2014 Commercial/Personal/Marine UW
● Responsible for developing existing book of business
● Brought Marine sector of business to company where before was nonexistent
● Handled Marine risks both Commercial as well as Personal
● Responsible for Large Personal Lines renewal book in conjunction with assistant
● Placement of Commercial Lines accounts both large & small
● Worked with 50+ agents on a daily basis
Hull & Company, St. Petersburg, FL 2007 – 2013
Marine (Commercial/Personal)/Personal Lines
● Promoted to Marine Broker position – working all types of Marine related accounts
● Leads in the Marine arena, helps to expand markets, and prospects for new accounts while working towards expanding existing book of business. Services retail agents as quickly and as properly as possible.
● Directs and delegates the activities of staff to ensure professional, timely, and proficient customer service
● Demonstrated ability in working closely with the Personal Lines department whereby brokering all types of Personal Lines related business whether it be Personal Umbrella or Large High Value Homes.
● Utilized working knowledge in helping the Florida Farm Bureau to place a large volume of Personal Lines business with all their offices located from Miami Dade County all the way to Pensacola territory. NIF of NY & NJ, Manhattan, NY / Montvale, NJ 1997 – 2007 Commercial Broker
● Handled large commercial accounts; led in market expansion as well as growing existing book of business.
● Achieved set performance goals via innovative programs to increase market share and brand awareness.
● Worked closely with a large breadth of retail agents, helped them to place coverage, and resolve any issues.
● Networked for quality business relationships and partnerships to secure a high percentage of new business.
● Consistently evaluated requests to subordinate equity line to other lenders for approval or turndown.
● Demonstrated expertise in consistently developing and maintaining agency, and/or broker relationships.
● Provided assistance as an Underwriting Assistant; promoted to full time broker specializing in Commercial.
Scottsdale Insurance Company Scottsdale, AZ - 2005 (Sponsored partly by NIF) Insurance Representative Intern
● Learned and saw firsthand how Insurance Company works by basically working in each department.
● Consistently demonstrated excellent follow-through with clients and recognized for customer EDUCATION
University of Tampa – Bachelors of Science- 1994
Strong knowledge of Image-Right System, Alpha, Microsoft Office, including: Word, Excel, Outlook, Windows and various rating systems
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Good organizational skills
Knowledge in Commercial Property, General Liability, Excess Umbrella, Ocean and Inland Marine Insurance and Allied Medical