MADHUMITA MURARI SAWANT
NEW YORK UNIVERSITY New York City, USA
Master of Science in Computer Engineering May 2018 MUMBAI UNIVERSITY Mumbai, India
Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Telecommunication July 2016 TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
Graduate Assistant, NYU - Convergence of Innovation & Entrepreneurship, NY Sept 2017 - May 2018
• Helped and conducted interviews for the J-Term Startup Program sponsored by CIE and NSF.
• Responsible for maintaining the minutes of meeting and handling the department schedules.
• Accessioning, maintaining the records and efficient sorting, encoding description and data tracking in a web-readable format and management of documents.
Web Developer Intern, Mujus, NY Sept 2017 - Dec 2017
• Worked on the Shopify website of Mujus.
• Collaborated with the Graphic Designer for website layouts and templates.
• In-charge of troubleshooting and website updates on a regular basis. Created a new Shopify template for the company.
• Worked with customers on feedbacks. Maintained office records of shipping and returns. Instructor, SoSC, NYU Tandon School of Engineering - Center for K12 STEM Education, NY Jun 2017 - Aug 2017
• Instructed the Science of Smart Cities Program, aimed at equipping Middle Schoolers with basics of Programming and STEM knowledge.
• Worked with 18 students per class to cover basic programming, energy, transportation, urban infrastructure and wireless networks.
• Conducted small group and individual classroom activities with students based on differentiated learning needs to maximize each student’s potential.
• Planned lessons to encourage interactive learning and classroom participation. Employed assessment tools to improve teaching techniques.
• Responsible for management and maintenance of inventory and materials & component closet. PROJECTS
YELP CAMP Website (Angular 4) Mar 2017 - Apr 2017
• Designed and deployed an entire website from front end in Angular to backend in NodeJS. The application is named ‘Yelp-Camp’ and it allows users to create/delete/update campgrounds to advertise them. A user can add a name, description and image URL to his/her campground. Authorization-enabled and user can only edit/delete the campground created by him.
• Uses RESTFUL routing and various attributes such as Authentication and Authorization. Implementation of Login/Logout workflow feature.
• Designed a user friendly and creative layout for the website.
• Implemented a 32-bit single cycle processor in VHDL, named NYU-6463 Processor, which can execute various programs
• A color game which displays an RGB color value and makes the user/player guess the correct color choice from multiple options
• Designed two difficulty levels - easy and hard modes.
• Built a beautifully designed landing page template for a photo sharing website
• Fully responsive design and an attractive layout with a rich use of Bootstrap features LEADERSHIP & EXTRACURRULAR ACTIVITIES
Documentation Head, Electronics & Telecommunication Students Association, VIT, Mumbai Aug 2014 to Sept 2015 ETSA is a college level chapter which works for providing students with various technical seminars and workshops.
• Planned and conducted various events such as Training on VIRTUAL LABS project by IIT BOMBAY, Seminar on Computer Communication and Telecom Networks, a PCB training workshop, etc.
• Maintaining the records with efficient sorting, data tracking in a web-readable format, management of documents and technical collections.
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/madhumitasawant/ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/madhumita.sawant.5