email@example.com 646-***-**** Chicago, IL 60616
GitHub: akash22gupta HackerRank: akash22gupta Website: akashgupta.me LinkedIn: akash22gupta Skilled, passionate and motivated computer science graduate seeking full-time opportunity as a Software Engineer. EDUCATION:
• Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL, USA Aug 2016 - May 2018 Master’s degree in Computer Science 3.33/4
Courses: Introduction to Algorithms, Enterprise Web Applications, Software Systems Architecture, Mobile Applications Development, Advanced Database Organization, Theory of Computation, Software Project Management.
• ABES Engineering College, India July 2009 - June 2013 Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and Engineering PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Tejas Networks Limited Feb. 2014 – April 2016
• Developed various features for meeting client’s requirements.
• Optimized MySQL queries which are slowing down NMS processes and lowered the execution time by 80%
• Successfully resolved the bugs in the products and handling field issues for SACOFA (Malaysia) and Railtel (India).
• Performed unit testing on the developed code using JUnit and participated in code reviews.
• Experienced in working in collaborative teams and communicating with clients in an agile environment.
• Experience in using version control tools like Git.
• Knowledge of working with RESTful web services.
Smart Portables – Enterprise Web Applications (JSP, Servlets, XML, MySQL, MongoDB, Python, Twitter API)
• Developed Smart portables an enterprise web application using Servlets.
• Implemented SAX-Parser to load products stored in XML files.
• Used MySQL and implemented ratings and reviews for products using NoSQL MongoDB.
• Implemented choropleth maps for sales analysis and D3.js based graph to view sales of various products.
• Successfully developed a bucket list web-based application where a user can register, sign in and create their bucket list.
• Developed using Python-Flask with MySQL as the back end.
• Implemented stored procedures for application to interact with MySQL
• Used jQuery AJAX to post data to the server by sending a request to python method.
• Implemented pagination to limit the wish list on the user home page.
• Sessions are used to restrict unauthorized user access. Advanced Database Organization (C, FIFO, LRU, Data Structures)
• Starting from a storage manager that allows read/write of blocks to/from a file built a tiny database-like system from scratch.
• It manages a buffer of blocks in memory, navigation through records, including insertion and deletion.
• Implemented two Page Replacement Strategies- FIFO and LRU. Software Design Patterns and Principles (OO Design Patterns, Architectural Patterns)
• Developed a gas pump application using various design patterns like Abstract Factory, Strategy, MVC, etc. Big Data
• Executed various commands in Hadoop FS, Spark, Pig Latin environments using Microsoft Azure for Big Data Course. TECHNICAL SKILLS:
• Programming: Java, Python, C++/C, XML, JSON, SQL
• Database: MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle
• IDE: Anaconda, Jupyter Notebook, Atom, Eclipse
• Others: Git, Agile Development, Unix Scripting, Unit Testing, Linux OS, OOP, UML, MVC
• Sound Knowledge of Algorithms and Data Structure